The Line between Jackson and Jinyoung

The Price of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Waking up wasn't as pleasant as to what Mark got used to. He was a morning person, it was a sign of a new day, new hope, and new things to learn. But, he didn't enjoy waking up this morning, because of the fact that he didn't get any sleep, not at all.

How could he even do such? He shared a kiss with Jinyoung last night. He was captured by Jinyoung's pair of captivating eyes, that Mark found himself leaning in for the kiss. Adding to his thoughts, Jinyoung even confessed to him last night.

"I like you." Those words kept playing inside his head. 

At the back of Mark's mind, he did have a feeling, that Jinyoung did fancy him a little bit, but he didn't want to assume anything. When Jinyoung spoke of those words, it left Mark speechless. How was he supposed to react? This was the first time someone confessed to him. He tried to say something, but no words materialized. He wanted to say something, because Jinyoung might think that his silence meant that Mark didn't like him.

But, did Mark really like him? 

Of course, he wanted to be sure. This was the first time he experienced this, but still, he wanted to be sure about himself. He didn't want to hurt Jinyoung. 

"Jinyoung, I-"

"It's okay. I don't need an answer right away. I know you must be confused right now." He said, smiling brightly at Mark. "I'll give you all the time you need."

Mark smiled. He liked Jinyoung's thoughtfulness. "Thank you, Jinyoung."

"Well, I guess I better get going." Mark found himself frowning. He was sort of expecting the other to stay the night. 

"Oh"

"You seem disappointed." Mark pouted and shook his head. "If you want, I can-"

"No, no. It's okay. You need to get some proper rest." Mark said. "But, if you want, you can stay."

Jinyoung grinned and pinched both of Mark's cheeks. "Nah, maybe some other time."

"O-okay"

"Think about what I said, okay? Just tell me when you're ready." He stood up and Mark followed. "Thanks for tending to my bruises."

"Okay" 

"Can I get another kiss?"

"Don't push your luck, Park-" But Jinyoung didn't even let him finish, and kissed Mark on the cheek. Mark punched him on the shoulder, making him wince a little. 

"You can sure pack a punch."

"I am a man, you know."

"Well, I guess, in a sense, you are- Ouch!" He said, massaging the punched area. "Fine, fine. I'll leave."

And from that time, until now, Jinyoung never left his mind. The guy was just so sweet. 

But still, Mark had to get his feelinga checked. How was he going to confirm his feelings? He wasn't sure. 

Was Mark even ready for a relationship, given the situations his family was in? Was he prepared to be in one? He doesn't know. This was all new for him.

Right now, he needed to find Jackson. He needed to know if he was still pushing through with the deal or not. Because if not, he needed to look for other ways. 

He was about to leave, when their doorbell rang. Who would visit, at this kind of hour? He was actually expecting a mailman, or Jinyoung, but to his surprise, it was the person he needed to see. 

"Mark"

"Jackson" He was about to ask why he had a bruise on his face, but he suddenly remembered about his little fight with Jinyoung last night. He toom Jackson by the wrist and asked him to sit on the couch. He came back with an ice pack, because it seemed thay Jackson didn't tend to his bruise. 

"Thanks"

"So, what brings you here?"

"Oh, right. Uhm, my mom, she asked for us." So it only meant that the deal was still on. It gave Mark a sense of relief.

"Oh, okay. What time?"

"Later, at around four."

"Okay" 

"About this bruise-"

"I know. You and Jinyoung brawled last night. He came here last night." Jackson silently nodded, like he was thinking of something deeply. 

"S-sorry" Jackson Wang, the ice tower, stuttered. That was certainly a first.

Silence followed, painful silence. They had words they wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter