Chapter 11: Toasts amongst Brothers

Leeteuk Interlude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE reception was private too but everyone of the SuJus were there to give a toast. Some longer than others.

 

Donghae started the series of toasts, “Hyung, noona, I was hoping Jungsu-hyung would be the first one to make a toast at my wedding. But I guess we should let the older generation first.” everyone present laughed. “Sungmin, Eunhyuk and I have always looked up to you and wondered how it was that you never gave up on noona. You always got a little crazy whenever you thought of ways on how to get closer to her. You are an example to all the dongsaengs that persistence pays off when the goal is someone as wonderful as her.” He lifted his champagne glass and smiled at the couple. “I wish to be an uncle soon.” Everyone said cheers in unison.

 

Sungmin went next, “You are now really part of my family as I always felt you were. We'll see each other after Chuseok and New Year. My children would call you uncle and it would be as true as I always hoped it would be. Thank you for all the love that you have given me as your junior and as your friend. I know that you would be happy with your Filipina wife because she is a woman after your own heart.” he lifted his glass and smiled at Jens. “Ate Jens, I hope that you would take care of my Kuya Jungsu because he deserves someone to take care of him after all this time. I know he loves you more than you can ever imagine. And if he hurts you, I am sure the other guys would help you teach him a lesson.” Everyone laughed and clinked their glasses. The couple pecked to oblige them.

 

Heechul stood up before anyone else could. “You were willing to risk your heart for someone you didn't know could love you back and you got your heart's desire. I wish that we are all as brave as you to offer your heart and your life to a woman who can just as easily break it.” he lifted his glass and smiled at Jens, “I hope that woman I would come to love would make me as brave as you have made our Jungsu.” He looked at Hera who was sitting on the women's table with the bride's maids.

 

Eunhyuk's voice was breaking because he was already crying, “When I lost hope because of Mary,” he looked at his fiancee then laughed a bit, “You asked me if she was worth it, if things were going to be okay if I lost her. And I didn't understand just how you knew to ask me that. Now I know. Because you knew the your answer to those questions, you asked yourself those things when you thought about her. I now see that you always believed that she is worth all the love you can give. And that things would never work out, you would never feel as happy or as successful, if you didn't have her with you, in your thoughts, in your heart and in your life.” he raised his glass and smiled at Jens, “Congratulations, you are the luckiest noona that I know because you have the love of the most special of all the Super Juniors.”

 

Kangin stood next and patted Eunhyuk's head. “Such a crybaby this one.” he teased. Everyone laughed. “You would need trust and loyalty to make things work for the two of you. This started as something you never expected to become like this. Life is full of many secrets and surprises. Let the secrets between you two be that you love each other more than words can say and let the surprises be that you can love each other more than you thought you could. All of us single SJs wish to find a love like yours, and feel sad that noona's parents only had two daughters.” the audience laughed again. “If you have any cousins that you can recommend, we are willing to meet them and choose one who would have us.” he raised his glass and smiled at Jungsu, “Hyung, someday you would have to teach me how to make a woman love me even if she doesn't even know it yet. Congratulations!”

 

Kyuhyun stood up and Jungsu said. “Ohno!” those who know how Kyuhyun is laughed.

“Hyung, don't be afraid. I am sure noona would love you no matter what I say. And you have a whole lifetime to find out each other's flaws and cuteness. I would like to thank you for making me strong and for always telling me the truth about what people thought about me. You said that you didn't like me or no one in the group liked me except for one. The hyungs told me that the person was actually you. You always looked out for me and loved me even if I got everyone especially you in trouble. I promised myself that when we all got back together, that I would show you that I am more mature and that I can be a better version of the me you knew. You supported me throught my debut and up until now. I could never repay you for all the things that you helped me realize and learn. I promise to be a good uncle to your children and to not tell noona that you have a folder of songs in your computer that were songs that you planned to sing for her when you go out on different kinds of dates and even a song for your first time together.” the roar of laughter was so loud that Jens felt she would go deaf. She looked at Jungsu who looked like he was about to turn into a tomato. Kyuhyun raised his glass and made a peace sign, “I hope you enjoy those songs especially that one song I mentioned.” It was not Jens turn to blush.

 

Siwon was still laughing when he stood up. “Omo, my stomach hurts.” he cleared his throat and tried to me more serious. “I always wondered what Jungsu-hyung found attractive in noona. And when I learned more about her, the struggles she had because of her music and the determination she had to make everyone hear her songs, I realized that Jungsu-hyung saw himself in noona.” everyone who knew the story nodded in recognition. “God does not put burdens like that in our lives so that we have to carry them alone. Noona thought she had to but she actually needed someone to carry the burden with her so God put Hyung in her life, quite like an accident at first but not really. God had planned this day even before Jungsu-hyung could even realize that Jens-noona was the one for him. And now God has put us all here to be witnesses for the unfolding of his magnificent plan. The happiness of these two wonderful agents of music was the goal. Now it is in your hands what you would do with God's gift. Nurture it and it would grow and give you endless, eternal happiness.” he raised his glass and smiled “Welcome to the family, noona.”

 

Han Geng smiled and raised his glass, “Indeed, welcome to the family. Take it from me there is no escaping us. Believe me I tried.” the people laughed. “There is no escaping the love and concern that Jungsu has to offer. He is loyal to his friends and he is loyal to the people he loves. He would not declare it to the world or reveal it to anyone, but he has always been lonely because he had to give so much of himself to others.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter