Dreams

Hello and Goodbye

            Youngjae and I went to the music room and found that Kanae was already there playing her violin flawlessly. We applaud her after she was done playing her wonderful music. She smiled and pulled out a chair to sit down. Before we could say anything she pulled out a bento box and shared it with us

“Wow! That looks amazing!” Youngjae and I praised her. It really did looked delicious, I couldn’t wait to just finish them all by myself.

“Thanks!” She smiled.

“Did you make all this for us, Kanae?” Youngjae was still admiring the look of that bento while I was picking the foods out of it to eat.

“Kind of…” She blushed, flattered yet embarrassed. I took a bite of one and it tasted like heaven.

“It’s delicious!” I cried. Her cooking was exceptional.

“I’m glad you liked it!” She smiled at me. Youngjae ate some as well and looked as impressed as I was.

“You really didn’t need to do all this for us.” Youngjae was always being so modest about everything. That’s how he get the girls.

“Well, I have to do something special for you guys once in a while. Don’t I?” She said as she took some for herself.

“You should open a restaurant!” I suggested.

“That’s what my brother told me, but really I’d rather open a bakery than a restaurant.” She said. So she had thought about it. I don’t really care if she opens a restaurant or a bakery, as long as it was food she was offering, I’m on board!

“Then go open a bakery!” I said, excite.

“What about that dream of yours to become a doctor?” Youngjae asked.

“Can’t we have more than one dream?” She said. Good point there.

“That’s right Youngjae, why are you so close minded?” I . He only laughed.

“Speaking of it, I never knew what you guys want to be when you grow up.” Kanae asked. That’s right, she always shares stuff about her while we never even told her about our dreams.

“Youngjae and I want to be in the entertainment business.” I said while nomming on food. Youngjae looked disgusted of me and signed that I should finish my food first before talking.

“Yeah, even now we’re already working on songs so we can get a record deal.” Youngjae pulled out some music sheets we composed since a year ago. Kanae took a look at it and she looked amazed

“Cool! When you guys are famous, I’ll be your number one fan!” She said. We all laughed. We finished our meal when Kanae said all of the sudden;

“I can’t wait to graduate from this school.” I couldn’t help but agree with her. But when she said that she looked… sad.

“Sure I’ll miss playing the violin on the roof top and hang out with you two but…” She said as she looked outside.

“I just never felt like I belong here.” She said. So that’s what’s bothering her.

“Don’t say that…” Youngjae held her hand.

“As long as you’re with us, you’ll be fine.” I said.

“Thanks you guys!” She smiled.

            There’s one thing I don’t understand about her. She’s smart and as far as I’m concerned some people wanted to be close to her because of it. But they said she pushed them away. She said she didn’t need friends. But she was bonding with us so well, I couldn’t believe a word they said. But say if it was true… I wonder why she did that if she felt lonely deep inside.