Hello

Hello and Goodbye

Splash! A girl spilt a bowl of cream soup all over my uniform as she bumped into me by accident. I was shocked, my mouth was dangling open.

Aigoo! I’m so sorry.” She said as she took a few steps back. She hurriedly pulled a handkerchief out from her pocket. My mouth was still dangling open when she tried to clean the mess she made

“Don’t touch me.” I said.

“Just who the hell do you think you are?” I add. I brushed her hand off of my uniform.

“Well, I said I was sorry.” She mumbled. The nerves that she had to talk back to me pisses me off.

“You don’t sound like you are!” I said.

“Well I did felt sorry until you yelled at me like this!” She started to raise her voice at me. This is a first.

“How dare you yell back at me! Don’t you know who I am?!” I raised my voice higher. All eyes were staring at us. Aish, the trouble this girl got me into. Now people are going to think I’m a mean person. No, wait! I didn’t do anything wrong.. people are on my side anyway! This girl is a nobody.

“Daehyun, stop it..” Said Youngjae, my best friend.

“She did try to clean up the mess she made.” He tried to calm me down.

“Stay out of it, Youngjae!” I said.

“Well, I’m not planning to waste my time on a brat.” She then walked away just like that. Who is that girl, how disrespectful!

“How dare that girl talk to me like that!” I was still annoyed by her actions. Girls usually swoon for me. No girl has ever talked back to me like that. Weird.

“Come on, I’ll clean you up.” Youngjae pulled me by the hand to the men’s room to clean me up.

           

            A few days later, as I was about to forget that incident, I ran into her again in the music room. But this time, there were no yelling involved. She looked different than the first time I met her. She was playing the violin so beautifully! I didn’t know she was into music. No, I know nothing about her in the first place. Not even her name.

            As soon as she stopped playing, her face turned upside-down. She was frowning, she wasn’t happy to see me by the door. She quickly packed up her violin, but Youngjae ran towards her.

“Please don’t rush. We loved the way you played.” He said while holding her hand. Tch, Youngjae and his charms.

“What is he doing here?” She asked. How rude.

“Well actually this is the place we usually hang out.” Youngjae answered.

“I’m sorry, I should get going then.” She said. She closed her violin case and carried it on her back. She was ready to pass YoungJae when he caught her hand.

“No it’s alright, you can join us!” He smiled. She only chuckled, she’s mocking me.

“No thanks.” She said. She walked pass Youngjae and then she walked pass me by the door.

“Can I at least know your name?” I said. She stopped walking and looked back at me.

“Kim Kanae.” She smiled.

“Pretty, eh?” Youngjae said as he grabbed a guitar. I shut the door behind me and pulled out a chair

Hmph! How could you say that! A rude girl is never pretty!” I said while playing with my phone. I pulled out my earphone and beginning to plug my ears with it.

“It was partly your fault to yell at her that day.” He said as I was picking a song to play.

“But still…” I said, I hate it when he’s right—which means I was wrong.

“Shouldn’t you go apologize?” He said. I hate it so much when Youngjae starts to lecture me.

“Fine.” I said. The next few sentences Youngjae said, I didn’t listen because I was listening to song on maximum volume. Youngjae’s gonna kill me, but that I just have to live with.