The wedding

예기치 않은 (Unexpected)

 

  The days went on and you started getting used to being his assistant. Jiyong was always gentle and ready to help whenever you didn't know something. But from time to time he tried to be playful and mischievous around you, throwing remarks and asking you random questions like "What is your favorite color?" and "What do you like to eat for breakfast?". You asked back some trivial questions too. Because of that you learned some stuff about him too. After work you were busy with preparing for your wedding, picking out the wedding dress. Even though omoni didn't let Jiyong see you in the wedding dress, when Jiyong had time he tried his best to help you and his mom with shopping. You saw how gentle and caring he can be so it made you care for him too. Yes, you felt clearly that you started caring for him. 

    It was 7 in the evening and you were still in Jiyong's office. Even though tomorrow was your wedding day you and Jiyong were too into finishing your job. You felt nervous at the thought of marrying so you thought that it was best to keep yourself busy and not think about tomorrow. 

- I'm done with the samples, - you said and put the file on Jiyong's desk.

- Let's go home then, - he got up from his sit and looked at you. His office had window walls so you took a moment to admire the view of sunset. You were about to turn around to walk out of the office when you felt Jiyong's arms snake around your waist. He was hugging you from your back and rested his chin on your shoulder. His breathe sent shivers down your spine. If it was the first time he met you would never allow him tp hug you like this. But at this moment you didn't know why, but you couldn't say anything against him hugging you. Because you felt your nervousness going away under his touch. 

- Are you nervous? About tomorrow? - Jiyong asked even though he looked like he knew the answer already.

- Yes. I don't know what to feel. Maybe everything is for the best, - you replied with a low voice.

- I hope so too, - he replied and pulled back, your spine a bit. You took it as a sign to not be nervous. On the drive back home you two were just comfortably discussing work matters and your relatives that have been invited to your wedding. None of you brought up your hug earlier. Even though it was strange hugging like that apart from the nights when Jiyong randomly put his arms around you and s closer in bed, you felt like it was normal for both of you now. You sensed that Jiyong felt like that too. 

 From the moment you woke up everything was in a rush. It was like a movie where everything was in high speed and you and Jiyong were the main characters. When you were getting ready to come out a girl came in holding a small box. 

- Hello. Are you the bride of Kwon Jiyong oppa? - she questioned.

- Yes. And you?.. - you looked at the girl.

- I'm Song Ji Hye. I'm an old friend of Jiyong, - she smiled. But that smile didn't look friendly at all. 

- Oh, nice to meet you, - you casually replied and faked a smile for her too.

- Congratulations on your wedding! I know it's hard tolerating Jiyong's personality but I hope you will succeed, - she said smiling again. 

- Thanks. But I didn't find anything unbearable in his personality. His personality is just fine, - you suddenly got protective of your husband.

- Oh really? You seem like you don't know him that much yet, - she chuckled and it got on your nerves.

- If you're done with the congratulations, can you leave? Because I need to have my make-up fixed, - you said coldly.

- Of course. But I have to give you my present first. Here, - she gave you a little jewelry box and left the room. You opened the box. There was a ring in there. You took it in your hand and noticed something written on it. "Jiyong &Jihye"

"What the hell?!" - you thought and put the ring in the box. Someone knocked on the door and you quickly asked a girl behind you to put it into your bag.

- Omo! What a beautiful bride! - an old woman and a man entered the room.

- Annyeonghasaeyo, my name is Han Ji Woo - you politely bowed to them. As far as you knew they were Jiyong's grandparents. Jiyong's mother showed a picture of them recently.

- Omo, halmoni, haraboji, why did you left me? - a woman entered the room.

- It's Jiyong's aunt, my daughter, - grandmother introduced her to me. You introduced yourself to Jiyong's aunt and bowed to her too.

~*~

You didn't know how but you were already standing in front of Jiyong with a flower in your hands. Everything was like a dream for you. Jiyong looked absolutely amazing in his white tuxedo. You wondered why everything on Earth looks best when he wears it. Even though he wasn't the person that you loved you didn't feel that much amount of regret marrying him. Because you knew that he was a caring person. You felt Jiyong not leaving his eyes off you. You wondered if he felt the same about this marriage. He was looking straight into your eyes when the vow was being pronounced. You both said "yes" and it was time for Jiyong to kiss you. After looking in his eyes you didn't see nothing but sincerety in them. So if he had to kiss you, then be it. His face got closer and closer, everything was like in slow motion. Finally his lips met yours. His lips were so gentle. He put his hand on your waist and moved you a bit closer to him. The kiss was longer than you expected. After he parted his lips from yours everyone started clapping. Jiyong smiled at you. You smiled and looked away, not finding any courage to look in his eyes. You were afraid that if he saw your eyes now, he would find out that you started feeling something for him. You felt like something changed inside of you.

 

Jiyong's POV

I slowly parted my lips from hers and I felt like fainting. I had to put some effort not to lose my balance. But to be honest, I was afraid, I was afraid that if I didn't stop myself I could lose control. The moment when my lips touched hers it was like a firework exploded on my chest. I don't think I've ever felt something like this in my life. A secret desire blossomed in my heart. I wanted to make her mine. I wanted to have her heart, her soul and her body.