An assistant

예기치 않은 (Unexpected)

 

You nervously pressed the button. "I can't be late on my first day. I have to get there 5 minutes earlier. My pride depends on it" - you thought attacking the button, praying for the elevator to come faster. 

Good morning, - you heard a familiar voice and when you turned out, there he was, your new boss, or should you call him president, or designer-nim? The thought of it made you smile a bit. Plus he was in pink suit today. His unusual fashion sense intrigued you but was it normal for him to change his hair color in a day? How he even found time to change it?!

- You look excited today, - my so called soon-to-be-husband pointed out. 

- Good morning to you too, CEO-nim. I think it's best for me to call you "president Kwon" or "CEO-nim". 

- Alright. As long as you don't call me that at home, - he playfully smiled at you.

- At home, I'll be calling you Kwon Jiyong-ssi, of course. 

The elevator came and you both entered it, still into your conversation.

- Okay, - Jiyong answered a bit lower than before. It felt almost like a whisper.

- Alright then, - you casually said.

When you reached the 30th floor you followed Jiyong out of the elevator, on the way writing down all the things he needed for today's presentation of designs.

 

When it was time for lunch you went to a restaurant near your company with Jiyong and other workers. When you were having lunch someone called Jiyong and he excused himself, leaving the table. As his assistant you needed to be ready if he orders you something. But when he came back, he didn't say anything to you and just excused himself saying that he had to meet up with someone because of personal matters and throwed you one last look before leaving. 

- Where he is going? - the girl who asked Jiyong to hug that other girl asked you.

- I don't know. It seems like he has things to do, - you shrugged your shoulders.

- Wouldn't he tell you? You're his future wife, anyway, - she said as if you didn't know. What you didn't know was her name. You really didn't know what her name was. You always had a bad memory when it came to memorizing names. 

- Now we are only getting to know each other, - you replied coldly. Why was she pretending like she didn't know it was an arranged marriage? Everyone knew it. 

You all got back to the company and you went to draw some new designs of clothes. There was a dress that was stuck in your head for a week now. You had to draw it or else you'd go crazy. 

 

Jiyong's POV

I slowly walked towards the working room of designers when I saw Jiwoo deligently working at something. I got curious and stopped my walking not far away from her sit. As soon as she saw me she immediately stood up with others.

- Just sit, don't get distracted from your works, - I said to the workers. And when closer to Jiwoo's table. 

- Jiwoo-ssi, I need you to help me, - I took a chance to peek over her body and see her design, when she got distracted by my words. I got surprised. I wanted to look even closer at the drawing. The dress was somewhat unusual. 

- Of course, President Kwon, - she exclaimed and quickly closed her notebook, holding it in her hands and waiting for my words.

- Let's go to my office first. I have all my sketches there, - with that she followed me to my office. She didn't even ask me where I went during the launch. Is she so uninterested in me?

We were working and working, till it was 9 in the evening. I bet everyone went to their houses already. But her energy was something I never expected. Jiwoo was really deligent at whatever she did. 

- Jiwoo-ssi, let's just go home now. Everything's almost done, - I said to her.

- If you want to, President Kwon, - she replied. 

I offered to drive her to her house, saying it was too dark to go alone. 

- Don't you want to know who I went to meet with during launch? - I suddenly blurted out in the car. 

- Well it's your own business, why would I ask that, - she replied with no emotion in her voice. Does she have an ability to switch her emotions on and off?!

- I met with a woman. She and I, we broke up a year ago. I'm saying this because we are almost married now, - I tried to explain everything.

- Thanks for telling, - she replied again with no emotion. Oh My Gosh, this girl will drive me nuts. I almost got angry. Doesn't she feel jealous? Isn't she afraid that her husband will start meeting up with another woman? Does she hate me that much? 

"Oh, we're already near. Can you stop there please?" - she asked and as soon as I stopped the car she got out of it, not leaving a chance for me to open the door for her. What a stubborn lady! I drove off with rather high speed and left, not waiting for her to get to her appartment. 

 

Your POV

- Omo! Is he angry now? Why is even getting angry when he was the one who started that talk about his ex in the first place, - you said angrily and went to your home.

 

- You have to. His parents called just now and they said that they'd send you a car tomorrow. 

- Why do they have so many cars to send? - you whispered angrily.

- What are you saying? Did you have a fight with your husband? 

- Moooom, he is not my husband.

- Yet.

- Who knows?

- I know. After one week you'll be his wife. How can you not understand that?!

- I understand that but I can't accept that, - you said stubbornly. - He even met with his ex today. 

- And he told you about that himself?

- Yes, how did you know?

- My silly daughter, he told that to test you. He wanted you to get jealous, - mom smiled at me. 

- What?! Me?! Jealous?! Umma, you know that I didn't even get jealous of my boyfriend. 

- How do you know? You had only one boyfriend in your life, - mom scoffed.

- Doesn't having only one boyfriend count as having a boyfriend? - you replied angrily.

- Stop being angry and pack up your things. The car will be here at 10. 

- Umma, why so early??? - you groaned. It was all because of him. And he even thinks that he has the right to be angry. He makes you stay till 9PM at work and then he wants you to pack up your billion things when you get back home so that their beloved driver would take you to his house at 10 in the morning. You groaned in frustration.