Sleeping in the same bed?!

예기치 않은 (Unexpected)

 

 

- Let me open the door, Han Ji Woo-ssi, - the driver said and you looked at him with blank expression. In fact, you were still sleepy.

As long as the car stopped in front of a huge mansion the driver took all of your bags and lead to the door. The door was already open and there were Jiyong's mom and dad with his little sister. 

- Sorry for making you come so early. I heard that you stayed with Jiyongie till late evening at work" - his mother said.

- Thank you for your concern, omoni" - you said almost whispering.

- Yes, you can call me "omoni" and Jiyong's father "aboji", - she got excited.

- Nae, omoni, - you smiled. She was so warm. You had a really good first impression of this family. After introducing you to Jiyong's cute little sister Kwon Sae Ah, his parents showed you around and lead you to Jiyong's room. 

- Sorry, Jiyong couldn't wait you by the door when you came. We couldn't even move him, I think he was too tired yesterday, - omoni chuckled.

- It's nothing, - I replied smiling. I don't see his face again and again too. The fact that he got angry yesterday and that he tried to make me jealous irritates me.

- Here I am, - Jiyong was approaching us with an excited mood. 

- Jiyong-ah, show Ji Woo your room and help her with her baggage, - omoni said and swiftly left us alone.

- Welcome to my house, - Jiyong said, taking your baggage.

- Thanks, - you replied calmly. No matter how angry you were before as long as he didn't act angry you couldn't say anything to him. You even forgot about your anger.

- So this is our room, - Jiyong said. 

- But don't you have a couch or extra bed? 

- Why would I need that?

- Are you kidding me? Where should I sleep then? 

- In my bed of course, with me, - he smiled, watching your reaction. Your eyes got rounder and rounder from what you've heard.

- We don't even know each other. We haven't even married yet. How can I sleep in your bed? - you felt your anger building up.

- Don't worry. I won't do anything to you. We can even have seperate blankets, - Jiyong suggested.

- I don't believe you, - you said, crossing your arms.

- Well believe it or not, it's your choice, - he answered and plopped down on his bed, closing his eyes. - Ah, by the way, feel free to put your things wherever you want in the wardrobe room. Just make sure not to touch my clothes and accessories.

- Who wants to touch them, - you rolled your eyes and started unpacking your things.

- Believe it or not, there are a lot of people who want to get into my precious wardrobe, - he bragged. 

- I don't believe it anyway, - you scoffed. 

After finishing unpacking you went downstairs and decided to talk with your omoni about the bed.

- Omoni? Can I ask something? - you slowly asked.

- Of course, come, sit with us. Why are you standing there? - Jiyong's mother patted the sofa behind her. She and Sae Ah were watching a cartoon.

- Can I have a separate bed? I really hope you understand that Jiyong and I are almost strangers to each other now. We are not even friends. And we're not even married.

- Jiwoo-ah, it's for no good when married couple doesn't share a bed. If you don't agree it now, it might be even more awkward when you two get married. He won't do anything against your will. I'll take all the responsibility. I'll warn him. Don't be afraid, - she patted your back and you nodded. "It seems like I'm doomed" - you thought for yourself.

- Go to your room and rest now. You must be tired from all the packing and work, - omoni suggested.

 

You tried your best not to make any noise and slowly opened the door. Jiyong was peacefully sleeping on the bed, when you tiptoed to the bed and slowly sat on it. You sighed heavily and laid one the bed, slowly closing your eyes.

 

Jiyong's POV

Even when with closed eyes I was sure that the room was filled with the sunlight. I opened an eye and almost fell off my bed at the sight of Jiwoo sleeping next me. Why she changed her mind? Wasn't she the one protesting sharing the same bed with me an hour ago? Her eyelashes were so long and her lips were so plump. She looked beautiful... Wait, what am I thinking?! I discovered my hand close to her cheek when I stopped myself from doing any stupid things. Why can't I be colder? Didn't I have enough of sad romances? I don't want to get hurt by anyone anymore. 

 

Your POV

You slowly rubbed your eyes and opened them, before shutting them again because it felt like the sun was in the room, making you unable to open your eyes. You made a second try and almost screamed when you saw Jiyong's face only inches away from you.

His breathing felt almost ticklish against your skin. You woke up and left the room, tiptoeing your way to the door. 

 

Jiyong's POV

As soon as I heard the door being closed, I opened my eyes with a relief. It really was such a relief that she didn't catch me staring at her sleeping face. That would be so awkward.

I think I just need a shower. My whole body feels like burning up. Is it because of the hotness outside?