Chapter 16

My Enduring Love

They usually didn’t go out in public during the day because they were recognized. If they did go out they would go out at night so it would be harder to recognize them. Both men got ready with their coats then headed out the door. They were going for a walk but they had to take a car to the park so they took Eunhyuk’s.

“Was it Yejun again?” Eunhyuk asks as the two were stuck in traffic.

“What do you mean?” Donghae asks looking absent mindedly out the window.

“The reason why you cried.”

“Yeah”

“How are things with her?”

“Honestly, I’m not sure. I mean I still love her and won’t stop but she said she wanted me to find someone better. What does that mean? Does she really think so lowly of herself?” Donghae was frustrated by Yejun’s words not really understanding why she said what she did the night before.

“Low self-esteem? Aish women” Eunhyuk said. He suddenly took a left turn at a light which startled Donghae.

“W-where are we going?” Donghae asks afraid of Hyukjae’s sudden turn.

“To pick up Yejun.” Eunhyuk said.

Although Donghae was happy he was able to see her again he was afraid she wouldn’t want to come along.

“What are you doing?” Eunhyuk says as he looks at the still Donghae “, call her! Tell her we’ll be there in 20 minutes.” Eunhyuk said with a mischievous smile.

Donghae was surprised Yejun had agreed to go with them. Once they arrived at her apartment Donghae got out of the car to greet her.

“Hey, thanks for coming” Donghae told her with a smile.

Yejun just smiled at him. Donghae opened the back door for her to sit in. She noticed Eunhyuk sitting in the front seat.

“Hi, Eunhyuk-“ Yejun began. Donghae had a surprised look on his face that she was actually talking.

“Call me oppa Yejun.” Eunhyuk said.

Yejun felt her face go red because she didn’t even call Donghae oppa. Donghae was somewhat upset by this.

They arrived at the park and parked the car. The three got out and began walking.

“Aish, Hae it’s so cold for a walk.” Eunhyuk complained while putting his hands in his pockets.

“Stop complaining monkey” Donghae said back with a smile.

Yejun walked along Donghae’s side. She has never been to this park and was surprised at how pretty it was.

As the two men were talking Yejun was in her own world admiring the nature. The change of seasons. The beautiful color of trees. She then felt a flash in her face which made her jump a bit. This also startled Donghae when he felt the girl beside him move. He looked over to the side and realized some of the fans were walking behind them. Yejun tensed when she saw everyone but they all kept walking. Soon the crowd began to get bigger and Yejun wasn’t feeling good.

“D-donghae?” she said quietly but to his surprise he heard it.

Donghae knew what it was and immediately felt bad. “Hyuk, let’s leave now” he said. Lots of news hadn’t been released about Yejun since the situation with Seunghyun. He was afraid that a fan might do something to Yejun because no one really knows where the couple stands. Surely the fans have already posted the photos they just took so an explosion of questions and hate are coming.

Eunhyuk understood when he saw the panic look on Yejuns face. They turned around to walk to the car.

“Oppa! Oppa!! Oppa!!!” fans would scream as they got into the car.

Both Donghae and Eunhyuk waved good bye to the small crowd but Yejun went right into the car.

She didn’t feel good. She wanted to go home. She wanted her room. She wanted to be alone. She didn’t realize Donghae had been saying her name.

“Yejun? Yejun? Hey!” Donghae said with a worried tone. He had been calling her name for a few minutes but she never answered him. She just stared with a blank pale face.

Eunhyuk turned around as well once he heard Donghae’s tone. “Yejun, it’s okay. We’re leaving.” He said trying to sooth her.

Yejun looked at Donghae with big eyes and tears threatening to fall. She didn’t like this. She took her phone out and realized she was all over the internet. Just a few minutes ago her photo was taken and now it’s on the internet. She saw millions of comments and retweets of photos but she refused to see what others were saying. She knew it would bring her back to a dark place.

Donghae was sitting in the front seat but he turned around and grabbed Yejun’s hand. Eunhyuk drove away hoping the drive would bring her back to reality.

“Hey, it’s okay. Did they touch you?” Donghae asks concerned.

Yejun shakes her head as a no.

“Were you just surprised?”

Yejun nods her head.

Donghae lets out a small smile. “It’s okay. They won’t hurt you. I won’t let them and they know their stance. They mean no harm, try waving at them next time and they’ll go crazy for you.” He said trying to help Yejun get over her fear of the crowd.

“Yeah, our fans are amazing. They were excited to see you which is why they were screaming and pushing.” Eunhyuk added trying to make her feel more comfortable..

Although Yejun trusted what they said that didn’t stop her from fearing them. They were still fans who some hated her and others were jealous of her. She already saw some death threats on the internet and although that didn’t scare her, she didn’t like being around so much noise.

Yejun had no idea where they were going next and didn’t pay attention to it either. The whole car ride Donghae didn’t let go of her hand. She liked the feeling of his warmth because it was comforting but at the same time she didn’t want it.

They arrived at a small café with the name ‘Chocolate Bon Bon’. Donghae got out and opened the door for Yejun as they followed Eunhyuk inside.

“Do you know this place?” Donghae whispered in Yejun’s ear.

Yejun shook her head.

“It’s Eunhyuk’s family’s café” he said with a smile.

They walked inside and were greeted by Eunhyuk’s sister. “Hyukk!” she said once she saw him walk in. He hugged her and then she went to greet Donghae also with a hug.

She looked at Yejun with a smile which Yejun returned back. She already knew about her condition and knew she wouldn’t remember her.

“Annyeong Yejun!” she said with a smile and a hug.

The girl was very enthusiastic and allowed Yejun to call her unnie. It wasn’t a very busy time and most people were either at work or in school. Of course there were still some fans and photos but it was very little so Yejun was able to handle it.

Donghae lead Yejun to a table in a corner “wait here, I’ll get us something. Anything in particular you want?” he asked Yejun.

Yejun shook her head.

“Okay” he said biting his lip with a smile “sit tight and don’t move” he said then walked away.

Yejun couldn’t get his face out of her mind. She didn’t want to but she knew she had to. I can’t feel like this for you Donghae. Please.

Donghae went to the front which Eunhyuk was at.

“Is she okay?” Eunhyuk asks.

“Yeah I told her I’ll get us something. Uhm just give me an Americano and a hot chocolate” Donghae said.

Eunhyuk laughs at his order.

“What?” Donghae asks.

“She isn’t a kid Hae. She can take coffee too” Eunhyuk said.

Donghae knew she could take coffee as well. Yejun actually liked coffee a lot. But she loved chocolate as well. Which is why he decided to start buying her hot chocolate instead of coffees all the time.

“Unnie!” a couple of girls went up to Yejun, “we got these for you” a girl said. She had both her hands out with a small gift bag and a few letters.

Yejun was somewhat surprised but gave them a small nod and a smile. The girls walked off and she went back to what she was doing which was just scrolling through her phone when she began to see flashes in her direction.

More fans were coming up and giving her gifts which she accepted because she didn’t want to be rude. But one fan came up to her and said “unnie, can I have a photo? Please unnie? Please?” the girl pleaded.

In reality Yejun didn’t want any photos. She didn’t want to reject the fans either. She was speechless when she heard Donghae’s voice.

“Girls, Yejun is still recovering. Let’s give her some space okay?” he said with a sweet smile.

The girls complained then one said “You take it with us then oppa!”

Donghae agreed to taking a group photo instead of multiple single ones.

Once he was done he sat across from Yejun who gave him a small smile then returned to her phone. Some fans were taking photos which made Yejun feel uncomfortable and Donghae could sense it.

“Let’s move” he said. He grabbed Yejun’s bag which was beside her and began to walk into a different room. Yejun followed him as he went down a few stairs then into a private room. Although the room wasn’t completely closed off and fans could still see because there was a glass wall she still felt more comfortable that she wouldn’t be touched or bothered.

She sat down at the table in the corner when Eunhyuk’s sister, Sora,  came with their order and some red bean bread.

“Here you go! Enjoy” Sora said with a smile then walked off.

Yejun smelled her hot chocolate and smile. Donghae let out a small smile.

“Do you like this spot better?” he asked.

Yejun nodded her head.

They were both silent when Eunhyuk came in with his drink in his hand.

“Whoa, is anyone even in here it’s so quiet” he said with a smile. He sat beside Donghae and looked at his phone to see what he was doing.

“Do you like it Yejun?” Eunhyuk asked Yejun when he looked away from Donghae who was still on his phone.

Yejun nodded her head.

“Good. Come here more often. My omma is usually here but she had an appointment so she wasn’t able to come today. Have you been to Grill 5?”

Yejun gave him a quizzical look. Grill 5? Yejun had no idea what he said.

“Yah, you haven’t taken her to Grill5 yet?” Eunhyuk said to Donghae who was, still, on his phone.

Donghae shook his head.

Yejun was still sitting there confused of all that was happening.

“Don’t worry, you don’t need to go there. Bon Bon is better anyways” Eunhyuk said with a smile.

“No it’s not!” Donghae protested finally looking up from his phone.

Yejun was trying to put the pieces together. Grill 5 sounded familiar. She remembered seeing a sign in her scrapbook that had that sign. So Donghae owned that place? She couldn’t remember what the place was but she remembered the sign. But why hasn’t he taken her there yet? Yejun then had a pout on her lip while the other two men were bickering about whose place was better.

“You always get Grill 5 Hae!” Eunhyuk said.

Donghae noticed Yejun had no idea what they were talking about. Soon Eunhyuk noticed as well.

“Wait, wait wait” Eunhyuk said “she doesn’t know about Grill 5?” he said with a surprised face.

Donghae looked from Yejun’s expression to Eunhyuks.

“It’s a place I own that sells Mexican food” Donghae said to Yejun as he took another sip from his Americano.

Yejun nodded her head in understandment.

The three sat there for a while longer before they decided to leave because school would be over soon which meant a crowd would come.

The three got into Eunhyuk’s car and drove off.

 

HELLO!!!

Sorry I didn't update yesterday!

Thank you new readers, subscribers and commenters :)!!!

Don't forget to subscribe and comment!

I will also be posting an extra chapter sometime in the next few days to further explain Yejun's feelings incase it is somewhat confusing :$

Until next update!!!!