chapter 21

My Enduring Love

“You sure this is what you want?” Lindy asks Yejun.

It’s been about a week since Yejun spoke to Lindy for the first time and although she still isn’t saying much she is still saying something.

Lindy placed the plane tickets in front of Yejun on the table. Yejun picks them up.

“I’m sure.” She responds trying to sound confident but in reality she was terrified. She wasn’t sure if it’s what was for the better. They hadn’t told anyone except for the management and it’s to be kept a secret. One week to say good bye to Donghae.

Yejun’s phone began to ring once she put the tickets down.

“Hey, what are you up to today?” Donghae said on his phone. He was in his dorm and the members just won a special music award in China so they decided to have a small celebration.

“Nothing” Yejun said boringly on the phone.

“Come over for dinner with noona. It’s a special day” he said with a smile.

“What’s the occasion?” Yejun asked curiously.

“We won an award in China so the members are having a special meal together. Come please?” Donghae begged. Yejun hadn’t seen all the members yet so she doesn’t remember them. He wants her to see them.

“Okay I’ll go over later”.

Yejun was in her room packing her things which she will be bringing. Although it is kind of early to start packing she figured she can’t bring everything with her so some things will have to stay. As she’s going through her closet she sees the boxes of the many things which Donghae had given her.

I shouldn’t keep these. It wouldn’t be right. But do I give them back...or do I just throw them out? UGH!

Yejun didn’t know what to do with the many boxes which held so much of her that she never knew. She never wanted to touch them for this reason. It scared her too much to look at it. There were some things which she was able to handle but there were others which she couldn’t because she felt too drawn towards it for an unknown reason.

“Yejun, let’s go!” Lindy called from the door. Lindy was at the door waiting for Yejun so they could leave to the SuJu dorm.

The ride to the dorm was quiet and slow because of the traffic. Yejun has been to the dorm before but before her accident so she felt uneasy about going.

“How many members are there again?”  Yejun asked looking out the window.

Lindy let out a soft chuckle “a lot” she responded.

Yejun had done some research before they left but she kept getting everything confused. There were too many members for her and she felt nervous. She was going to tell Donghae tonight about her leaving to go back to Canada.

“You came!” Donghae said excitedly as he opened the door. He had a smile on his face and was dressed in his comfy clothes (sweat pants and plain T).

Yejun gave him a soft smile and stepped inside the apartment. For an apartment with a lot of men living in, it was surprisingly clean.

“Yejun!” Eunhyuk was the first one to come in and greet Yejun. “I’m glad you could come celebrate with us!” he said with a smile. He then proceeded to greet Lindy.

“Come in” Donghae said with a smile.

Donghae stepped deeper into the apartment with Yejun and Lindy and the members began to swarm to say hello.

“Yejun! You probably don’t remember me but I’m Ryeowook” a man said. He was wearing an apron and seemed to be cooking something “Please make yourself at home!”

Yejun gave a small head bow and smile not remembering who he is.

“Yejun, I’ve been praying for your health. I’m glad God has answered our prayers and you are once again able to join us.” A tall man said. He was probably the tallest there and was very handsome.

Every member came to introduce and greet Yejun one by one. Although something about them seemed familiar she wasn’t sure what it was. It was hard for her to memorize so many names as well.

Yejun looked around and saw the happy atmosphere in the dorm. Some members were sitting on the couch joking around, a few in the kitchen helping Ryeowook with the food and the maknae was sitting at the table playing a game on his laptop.

Yejun and Lindy sat on the couches with the other members and Donghae was right beside Yejun. The atmosphere was very lively and Yejun liked how it didn’t change or get awkward once she sat with them.

Some of the members were very loud and others were more quiet but still participated in the conversation. Some members had very interested laughs and others had a lot of energy. Although Yejun remained very quiet and answered their questions honestly she still felt more comfortable and herself at that moment then at any other moment since she’s woken up from her coma.

She looked at the man sitting beside her. The way his mouth opens like a fish when he laughs, how happy his eyes are when he’s with the other members, the way his hair is just sitting on his head, how his comfortable clothes fit his body so well…how he talks, how he blinks, how he breathes, how he’s Donghae.

Admit it Yejun, you love him. You can’t deny it anymore. He means something to you. Stop lying to yourself. Stop hurting him and you. He isn’t your average person. He’s Donghae. The one and only.

Yejun was lost in her thought until Donghae got up from his spot. He went to go and help set up some tables on the floor and set the table. There were about 3 tables set up with food and a spot for each member.

They all sat down on the floor and Donghae sat beside Yejun with the Leader in front of them.

“Before we start eating I think we should have a toast.” Leeteuk said. He raised his glass and began “As the leader of Super Junior I am very proud as to how far we have gotten. It wasn’t my effort but every members as well who kept us going…” Leeteuk then said a few more words about the group and the award they won but then he continued, “I would also like to thank Yejun and Lindy for coming. This has made our celebration all the more special. So how about a toast not only to our award but to Yejun’s health as well!” They all clinked their glasses together then took a sip of their drinks.

The meal Ryeowook prepared was delicious and nutritious. Yejun enjoyed it a lot as well as the other members. Because there were so many people there was more than one conversation going on and the room was loud. Usually Yejun doesn’t like this type of stuff but for some reason she enjoyed their noise. It comforted her in a way.

“The food is good” Donghae leaned over and said to Yejun with a smile.

Yejun turned her head towards him and gave him a small smile.

Donghae saw in Yejun’s eyes something that he hasn’t seen for so long. He saw a bit of the Yejun that he used to know. Something which hasn’t come out of her since her coma. He was ecstatic about it and wanted to say something but at the same time he felt that the moment wasn’t right.

As the night went on with the members laughing and playing jokes they included Yejun in on it all. They acted so comfortable around her, as if it wasn’t the first time she met them. Although it wasn’t the first time to her it felt like the first time.

“Donghae,” Lindy brought Donghae to a corner. They had all finished eating and some members had gone to finish their schedules for the night and others went to the gym. Some were sitting on the couch just watching a movie and others in their room. “I’m going to the office. Something came up. Can you take Yejun home?” she asked.

Donghae didn’t believe that something came up. It was more like her need to drink came up. But he was okay with it because he wanted to be alone with Yejun since it has been awhile. Although he is still trying to keep his distance, he can only keep it for so long and so far.  “Sure” he said with a smile.

With that Lindy left without telling Yejun who was currently in the washroom. Lindy said good bye to all the members and walked out the door.

Yejun got out of the washroom and sat beside Donghae at the table. Donghae leaned over to Yejun’s ear and said “follow me. I want to show you something.” He then got up and grabbed her wrist.

They were headed into a different room, a bedroom. But Yejun stopped in her steps once Donghae opened the door. She shook her head as a no. “Where’s unnie?” she asked quietly when she realized she wasn’t in the apartment anymore.

“She had to go to the office and asked me to take you home.” Donghae said.

Yejun nodded her head in understandment but was still hesitant to go inside.

“I’m not gonna do anything. I just want to be alone with you for a bit.” Donghae said.

Yejun bit her lip and looked behind her. Although the members weren’t staring directly at her she could feel their looks and attention. She knew they wouldn’t judge her if she went in and Donghae wouldn’t do anything either but at the same time it made her uncomfortable.

“Yejun?” Donghae said as Yejun was deep in thought.

She looked at his face and didn’t see any weird expression and decided to go in. First step to trust.

Donghae closed his bedroom door behind them and she looked around at the somewhat messy room. There was a bed and a desk. The desk with many random things and the walls had many photos of him with members or just photos of him.

“I hope you haven’t felt too uncomfortable this whole night” Donghae said breaking the silence.

“No, I’ve been okay.” Yejun said.

“I’m sorry for not contacting you often.”

“It’s okay. You were probably busy.”

Yejun then turned her face to a couple of photos on the wall and she noticed she was in them. All of them but she didn’t remember them.

“These were from our dates” Donghae said.

Yejun felt touched that he still kept them up but she couldn’t remember them.

Another silence took over. They were both just standing in the middle of his room.

“You can sit if you wan-“ Donghae began but was interrupted.

“I’m going back to Canada.” Yejun said. She couldn’t keep it in anymore. She couldn’t hide it from him. Although she originally planned to tell him tonight she changed her mind as the night continued. But she just couldn’t keep it in. The man is too good. He doesn’t deserve this type of secrecy.

Donghae looked wide eyed at Yejun.

“I’m sorry.” Yejun said.

“Y-you’re leaving? When will you be back?” Donghae said with shock.

Yejun takes in a breath, “I’m not coming back.” Was how she responded.

Donghae looks around the room and puts his hands on his face.

“I-I want to go home.” Yejun said. She was talking about back to her apartment here in Korea so they could continue their conversation in a more private place.

“Okay” was how Donghae responded. He grabbed his keys from his desk and fixed his facial expression. He opened the door and both of them walked out. Donghae grabbed Yejun’s purse and her belongings as they said their goodbyes.

Yejun said goodbye to every member left in the dorm and thanked them for the night. They all told her to comeback soon. Right after she left the dorm with Donghae.

Eunhyuk who was one of the members in the dorm watched Donghae’s uneasiness and knew something had happened. He took in a deep breath then went to his room, concerned for his friend.

The ride down to Donghae’s car was silent. And so was the whole ride to Yejun’s apartment. Once they arrived they both went up to Yejun’s apartment. It was about 10 pm but the Seoul streets seemed so alive from the view of Yejun’s apartment.

They went inside and took a seat on the couch. Yejun took in a deep breath not knowing what to say. She already said what she wanted to.

“So it’s done then?” Donghae said first to break the silence.

“I-I don’t know” Yejun responded. She didn’t want it to be over but she thought she was doing this for the better.

“If you aren’t coming back then it will be done.” Donghae said holding back tears. He was staring down at his feet.

Yejun took in a breath. She wanted to cry but she didn’t allow herself to.

“I know unnie has a drinking problem. And maybe right now it’s better for me to model in Canada. Or maybe even study something else.” Yejun said. She had been thinking about studying because she didn’t know how much longer she could put up with the her parents gave her about her life.

“You know about the drinking problem?” Donghae said curiously.

“I’m not an idiot. Of course I know. She’s sacrificed so much for me and now look where she is. Her life is ruined because of me. Maybe getting us back to Canada and getting our lives back on track will help her.”

“So it’s about her then?”

“It’s about me too.”

“You’re going to be happier there? With all that crap your parents give you? Don’t you remember that’s the reason why you came to Korea in the first place? And now you’re going back? You’re going back to the hell you tried to runaway from.”

Yejun felt hurt. She didn’t know she came to Korea to get away from her parents. At the same time she thought that if she spent more time with them then maybe their relationship can be restored. “Don’t say those type of things about my relationship with my parents. You don’t know the hell I’ve been through with them. If I do this I could restore my relationship with them.”

Donghae felt hurt but at the same time he understood. He was hurt because she wanted to restore her relationship with them but not with him.

“Can’t we just enjoy our last days together?” Yejun says in a small voice. Donghae already had tears coming out of his eyes. “Before we have to say goodbye?” she continued.

“O-okay” Donghae said. He agreed to this because all he ever wanted was Yejun. And now she’s only giving it to him because soon she’ll be leaving.

Another silence took over the two and Donghae had stopped crying. Yejun got up from the couch and grabbed the remote to turn on the tv. She found a random movie for the two to watch in order to break the silence.

The two watched the movie in silence in the dark. They were both in the dark and the movie was long. Donghae had already seen the movie but Yejun hadn’t. She was actually rather bored by it and she felt her eye lids becoming heavy. She closes them for a second and leans to the side until she felt something comforting. It was Donghae’s body.

Donghae was shocked when he felt the slight weight on his side and realized Yejun had fallen asleep. He stared at the beautiful face and wanted to cry again because it was one of the last times he would see her. As much as he wanted to fight for Yejun he remembered that Yejun’s health is more important than his feelings.

Donghae ran his fingers over Yejun’s face, tracing over every inch, “I can’t forget you” he said in a whisper. He ran his finger down the t-zone of her face. “I won’t forget you. My heart endured so much for us. But it’s time to let you go. I can’t continue to fall. Kim Yejun, I love you and only you. Don’t you dare ever forget that.” He then ran the back of his hand on Yejun’s cheeks feeling her warmth. “I can’t love you anymore or else it will hurt even more than it already does.” He then abruptly stopped touching Yejun’s face and felt tears rolling down his face.

Yejun was actually awake the whole time. She just didn’t want to lose the comfort from Donghae. She heard his last sentence and her heart began to ache.

Do something Yejun. You idiot, look what you did to him. He’s dying for your love but you’re too cold to accept it. Just love him Yejun. His love endured this long. It will last. Don’t be afraid. Yejun kept thinking to herself.

Yejun slowly opened her eyes and looked at the crying Donghae. She was still leaning on him and used her hand to wipe away his tears. “Don’t cry anymore.” She said.

Donghae looked up surprised she was still awake.

“I-I-“ Donghae didn’t know what to say.

“Shh, don’t say anything. I know.” Yejun said. She knew Donghae’s feelings. She knew his pain.

They both sat there staring into each other’s eyes until Donghae’s phone rang. They both blushed and Donghae reached to answer it. Although he took the call into another room Yejun didn’t know what to do next. She was so confused with her emotions and she didn’t want to go back to Canada anymore.

Donghae came back from his phone call and saw the movie on tv had ended. Yejun was just sitting awkwardly there on the couch and Donghae went to sit beside her. So many thoughts were running through both of their heads. The silence was awkward and tense. Donghae didn’t understand Yejun at that moment. But he didn’t want the moment to end.

“When are you leaving?” Donghae asks.

“Next week.” Yejun says.

Soon after he left back to his dorm and Yejun went to her room.

She layed down in her bed and began to think of everything that had happened since she woken up from her coma. Although that was a long time ago she still remembered waking up to Donghae’s face. How hurt he was when she didn’t recognize him. But now that she’s come to know him, she admits that she likes him a lot and leaving him will be one of the hardest things ever. Because honestly, leaving him is like leaving home. Like leaving the place you want to go to after a tiring day. Like leaving that sweet place after a storm. Like leaving a piece of your heart far away from yourself.

 

Hello!

I'm sorry this chapter is late and shorter then I usually make them :/

Thank you to my subscribers and commenters!

Unfortunately this story will be coming to an end T.T

so please tell me, because i have no idea, do you like sad or happy endings? I like sad endings because I like depressing stuff XD but I'm just not so sure on what note I should end this so if you have any ideas or tips (or if you have something that you would like to see or be clarified in the story or just a random scene you think would fit well)  they are greatly appreciated :D

I won't be updating tomorrow!  But I will try to around this time next week!