Chapter 27

My Enduring Love

“What do you think triggered everything?” a man said. He was wearing glasses and sitting in a comfortable chair.

“Maybe the accident…” Lindy said quietly. She was sitting across from the man in her own comfortable chair. Yejun had found a program for her to help with her drinking problem. At that moment Lindy was sitting with a psychologist trying to figure out possible factors contributing to her alcohol problem..

“Do you remember the accident?” he asks.

“Of course.” She said looking down. She never told anyone about the accident which she was thankful for because it was a very harsh experience.

FLASHBACK

Lindy had just picked up Yejun from her photo shoot. They were in the car on their way back home after a long day of modelling.

“You did well today Yejun. The photographer said he can’t wait to work with you again.” Lindy said with a smile.

“He was really nice! I’m glad Donghae referred me to him unnie.” Yejun was excited because she just had to go home and sleep then she could wake up in the morning to have breakfast with Donghae. Her first love. Her only love. The only man she could ever love. The only man who could possibly have her heart and the only man she wants to spend the rest of her life with.

They were at a stop light and continued to discuss the photo shoot when the light turned green. The street they  were on was pretty empty and their car was the only one in that lane. They were on a quiet street and since it was late at night, few cars were around if any at all.

The two women were laughing in the car when they felt a bang on the side of the car. Lindy’s car had been hit but it was hit on Yejun’s side. The car went in circles when Lindy lost control of it and it then rolled over 3 times. The car was upside down when Lindy opened her eyes not really remembering what had happened and her visions being blurry wasn’t helping either. Once she got a hold of her senses she had realized what had happened and her first instinct was to look to her side. Beside her she saw Yejun, unconscious and upside down with her seat belt being the only thing keeping her from falling. Both of them were upside down since the car had flipped over and she had no idea how long she’s been unconscious for although she suspected not too long.

“Yejun! Wake up!” Lindy began screaming Yejun’s name but she wouldn’t respond. The girl laid there limp. The side of her face cut open and the back of her head was bleeding as well. Her face and upper body had glass shards in it. “Yejun! You have to wake up! You can’t keep your eyes close! Open them Yejun!” Lindy began to panic when she saw smoke coming out from the car. She tried to unbuckle her seatbelt but she couldn’t get it off. After a while of trying she managed to squeeze out from it but she fell right to the ground hitting her head badly in the upside down car. Things were spinning again but she knew she had to get them out of there. She then began to hear a male voice on the outside of the car.

“Yes, Yes sir we need an ambulance here immediately. There was a collision and there are people in the car. Yes please come as soon as possible.” The man said.

Lindy didn’t recognize the voice but crawled out through her broken window on the side. The man gave her a bewildered look.

“Miss! You’re alive! Please don’t strain yourself, let me help you!” the old man said trying to help Lindy get up but unfortunately because of his age it wasn’t much help.

“Yejun, she’s on the other side. We need to get her out.” Lindy said out of breath because of the pain she felt inwardly. The man just looked at her and didn’t know what to do either. He was also in a state of panic.

Lindy went to Yejun’s side and tried to take off her seat belt when she felt an excruciating pain coming from her wrist. She didn’t realize but she broke her wrist in the crash. With her one hand she still managed to get Yejun out of the car without  her falling and cradled her in her arms.

“Where is the police?!” Lindy began to scream at no one in particular. She looked at the pale and almost dead looking body in her arms. Her pulse was fading and breathing decreasing. “Help! Someone just help!” Lindy would scream. The old man didn’t know what to do and just stood there watching the woman cry and scream for the other woman.

“Yejun! Wake up! You can’t leave us yet! You have your whole life ahead, you never deserved this!” Lindy would scream.

“D-d-donghae” a quiet voice spoke which was Yejuns.

Lindy looked down and saw Yejun’s lips parted a bit. “That’s it hun, wake up, you’ll see Donghae. Stay awake for Donghae, Yejun” Lindy began to say.

“D-dongha-“ then the girl fell limp again and stopped breathing.

Lindy hadn’t realized but the police and ambulance had already arrived and had stretchers set up for them. Lindy’s shirt was covered in Yejun’s blood.

Once in the ambulance the paramedics put a mask over Yejuns mouth hoping it would help her breathe.

“Vitals going down” one of the paramedics said as he got out two paddles. He rubbed them together as the other paramedic began to open Yejun’s shirt. “Clear” one said as he pushed both paddles onto Yejun. Her body jumped up but her heart rate hadn’t reacted. “Clear” he said a second time but again nothing. “Clear” he said finally and finally her heart rate shot up.

END FLASHBACK

4 years later

“Ugh, if it rains it’ll throw off my whole schedule!” Yejun shrieked in frustration.

“Can’t you get the sun rise instead? Isn’t it more fresh anyways?” Lindy said while looking at the photos Yejun has already taken.

“Unnie, that isn’t the concept I’m going with.” Yejun said while staring her down.

Yejun and Lindy had landed in Korea about a week ago. Once Yejun went back to Canada she got herself enrolled in a university just like her parents wanted. Although she still wasn’t following the career path her parents were hoping for she is still doing what she loves. She got a double major in photography and writing and will soon be releasing her second photo book. Her first photo book was a huge hit and many of her fans from her modeling days still supported her.

Lindy had gone to rehab after an intervention and thankfully was able to recover quickly. Lindy had worked in an office once she recovered and also while Yejun was in school. All that while though the two girls had gotten close again and were like sisters. Once Yejun had published her first book, Lindy agreed to become her manager again.

Yejun’s second book was to be titled ‘what to be grateful for’ and that was also the concept. She had taken different photos in different places but when Yejun said she wanted to go back to Korea, Lindy was very surprised. The two girls packed their bags and left and since Yejun has been taken more nature photos then anything else. They were only supposed to stay for a week but Yejun wanted to stay longer so they decided to stay an extra 3 weeks.

“Explain how. If it’s a sun rise it’s like a new day of life-“ Lindy was saying.

“Aish, too cliché. I like the sunset because it’s like even if it’s my last day, I’m grateful I had that chance for it.” Yejun said.

“We did well boys!” Leeteuk said as they all cheered their glasses together.

The boys had finished their promotions for their latest album which was a hit. They had won at the music show and were celebrating with Korean bbq.

“Hyuk, look over here!” Donghae said as he took a photo with all the members.

“Super Junior really is daebak” Ryeowook said quietly while eating.

All the members were eating and laughing and enjoying their meal. They were all extremely happy and grateful for another successful comeback and hope for many more.

“Hyung, I have this friend and she’s-“ the maknae started.

Donghae gave him a look which made Kyu stop talking. “Thanks but no thanks” he said with a smile.

It took Donghae a long time to get over Yejun. Even to this day he still wasn’t over her 100% but it was just easier to ignore the pain since he became used to it. The first few months were the worst and he had become a wreck especially after he imagined Yejun confessing to him. But thanks to Eunhyuk’s efforts he was able to get his mind off of her and back onto other stuff. He doesn’t resent Yejun for leaving. He understood her. He has gone on dates again but no other person was comparable to Yejun. He ended up feeling guilty whenever he went on a date. He felt like he was going behind Yejuns back. At the same time though she might be doing the same thing. He didn’t hear anything about her either for a long time. He was actually curious as to what happened and if she really did just fall off the face of the earth. But after a few years she released a photo book. The book was absolutely beautiful and he adored it so much he ended up buying 10 copies. Although he still doesn’t know what Yejun is doing, his mind will sometimes wander off to her. Not because he’s obsessed but because he cares. He wants to know if she really is doing okay.

What Donghae doesn’t know about is that night when he called Yejun, Eunhyuk had deleted the phone call.

Flashback

“Donghae I’m sorry.” Yejun sobbed. “I’m so so incredibly sorry. I love you so much. I know it’s too late but please Donghae. I’m sorry.” She finally confessed her feelings knowing that Donghae would not remember them due to his drunkness. She confessed and felt relieved but she also felt like she hurt herself knowing that he won’t remember.

Eunhyuk had finished his shower and decided to check on Donghae. He was passed out from drunkness with his phone to his head.

Huh, weird. He thought to himself. He went to get the phone and unlocked it. On the screen was Yejun’s contact information and it said he had just called her. There was a sudden knock on the door and Leeteuk came in.

“It smells like alcohol in here.” Leeteuk said.

“Yeah, he was drinking.” Eunhyuk responded.

Leeteuk took in a deep breath feeling bad for Donghae. “What are you doing on his phone though?”

Eunhyuk looked down at his hand then said “I think he called Yejun.”

“Did she answer?”

“Yeah, it says how long the conversation lasted…”

“Delete that phone call.” Leeteuk said while looking at Donghae.

“Hyung, I don’t think we should intervene, I mean it’s not our-“

“Hyukjae delete it. He probably won’t remember what had happened and in case he does, he has no proof he talked to her.”

“Hyung-“

“You asked me to help you and I am. The best thing for Donghae right now is to get over her. She made her decision and left so now we have to take care of Donghae by helping him in all ways possible. I know it seems cruel but we have to do it.”

And with that said Eunhyuk listened to his hyung and deleted the phone call.

Donghae never spoke of it but one time he did tell Eunhyuk he had a dream that he called Yejun and she confessed to him.

“But it was just a dream. I think out of all dreams, that dream is the one I want most to come true” Donghae said. It has been a few months since Yejun left and him and Eunhyuk were alone in the dorm talking.

Once Donghae said this Eunhyuk felt a huge pang of guilt but knew he shouldn’t say anything, so he kept his mouth shut.

END FLASHBACK

Lindy and Yejun were walking through Myeongdong, Seoul. It was the main shopping district in Seoul and the streets were crowded with people. Outside of every store, restaurant or café there were life size photos of Korean stars and at every place there was a different song playing. Some of them Yejun recognized from a few years ago but others were new. Once she left Korea she shut herself out from the culture, especially the entertainment aspect, because she was afraid a certain someone would pop up somehow.

Although she did that well, now that she was back everything seemed totally different.

“The times have changed, haven’t they?” Lindy said to Yejun as if she could read her mind.

“Yeah. They sure have.” Yejun responded.

They walked into a cosmetic store and both separated. Yejun went to the skin care and Lindy to the eye shadows. As Yejun was reading the labels of a foundation she picked up she heard a familiar voice. She looked up at the tv which was above the product in her hand and there was a man advertising it. Donghae. Yejun swallowed hard and it seemed as if everything stopped. She hasn’t seen nor heard a thing about him for four years. But in the commercial it seems as if he never aged. Of course it must be the foundation and other make up which he’s advertising but Yejun could just tell. He still had those hurt puppy dog eyes, that dark hair with his fringe up and his sweet smile.

“Yejun?” Lindy said for the third time. She had found a really nice eye shadow color but she wasn’t sure if it suited her so she went to ask Yejun. But Yejun seemed to be mesmerized by something so when Lindy went to go see what it was she understood.

“Huh?” Yejun said finally hearing her name.

“Do you like this color?” Lindy asked. The commercial had ended but she still saw who was on screen. She decided to not say anything though because she didn’t want to ruin their day out or because Yejun might not want to talk about it. She knew that if she did then she would when she was ready to.

“Donghae, Leeteuk and Siwon, you have a fan sign later in the afternoon. There are going to be a lot of fans since your promotions just finished and for that reason the company has asked for only small talk with the fans” Super Juniors manager was reading out the boys schedule.

They all usually had different schedules every day but on days when a few or most members had the same schedule, Donghae felt happy because he wasn’t going to be lonely. He had learnt to depend a lot more on the members because they all had their problems and needed to back up each other.

“Hyung did you see the reviews we got from our last stage?” Siwon said after the manager left.

“I was just about to check” Leeteuk said.

“They were all positive ones.” Donghae said.

Leeteuk began to read a comment out loud “ the power of SuJu sure is Super kkkk”.

Donghae’s days were quite typical but at the same time not typical. Because he was an entertainer he was always filming different things and meeting different people. Over the past few years his web of people had grown especially since he has travelled a lot more.

“I have to leave right after the fan sign to catch my plane” Siwon said.

“Wow, our Siwonnie goes often to Europe just to do photoshoots” Leeteuk said in a mocking tone.

“Come with me hyung, then I won’t be so lonely.”

“I have work to do” Teuk responded playfully.

Although Donghae wasn’t partaking in the conversation he enjoyed listening to the members talking to each other with so much ease.

“Was Kyuhyun trying to set you up again yesterday?” Leeteuk asked Donghae. Both of them were sitting in a waiting room for their next schedule.

“Yeah” Donghae said while going through Instagram.

Leeteuk was fixing his hair and took in a deep breath “don’t you think it’s time to move on Donghae?”

“I’ll know when it’s time”

“Don’t look at love like that. Not everyone knows right away. You have to try a bit and find what you like and don’t like.”

“I have gone out on dates though. And I just think that if I do find someone then I will know she’s the one, even if it isn’t immediate.”

Leeteuk turned around to face Donghae realizing his mood has been dropped, “do you miss her?”

 

Hello,

thank you new subscribers, commenters 

Please don't hate on Leeteuk for doing that v.v 

This story is really coming to an end now. There might be just one chapter left.

I don't know if I can update tomorrow but if i can't then I will next week!