Final Chapter

My Enduring Love

“Yejun!” Lindy yelled from excitement.

It was night time and they had just came back from Myeongdong. They were pooped but Lindy’s phone had began to ring so she decided to answer it.

“Why are you screaming?” Yejun said as she entered Lindy’s room.

“Guess who just called?” Lindy said with excitement.

“Who?”

“Seoul Books.”

Seoul Books was the largest bookstore in Seoul. They sold books from all over the world and was every book lovers paradise.

“And?!” Yejun screamed excitedly.

“So apparently some of your Korean fans brought your book in to the owner of Seoul Books and asked for you to hold a fan sign since you are in Korea. At first they weren’t going to because we were only going to be here for so little time so they didn’t want to disturb you but once the fans found out you would stay longer the owner wants you to do a book sign!”

Yejun was really happy at first. And she felt really great and honored that her fans had done that for her but then a thought came to her mind. “I’m not doing it.” She said.

“What?” Lindy said surprised “Yejun this is Seoul Books. Do you know how big of a deal this is?”

“I can’t do it.” Yejun said with a blank face.

“And why not?”

“Think about the articles that will come out. They’ll be linking me back to Donghae or name me as ‘Donghae’s ex girlfriend’. Think about his fans. How much they hate me and what they’ll say. What if some of them come and try to ruin it all?” Yejun let all of her worries out to Lindy.

Lindy listened to them carefully. They had never talked about Donghae. Not once in the past 4 years and Lindy didn’t know what to say.

“You can’t let him get in the way of your success Yejun. Eventually these types of articles will come out. And it might hurt at first but you can fight through it. It’s been 4 years anyways…do you think anyone would really care? Just think about it, okay?”

Donghae was going through the news on his phone while on his way to a schedule. He doesn’t usually check because there isn’t something that interests him but sometimes Super Junior has an article released about them. As he was scrolling through he found a small article. Nothing very detailed but it sparked his interest.

“Young Author Book Sign” Donghae read out loud.

Donghae was alone with his manager in the car but as Donghae kept reading the article he found out who’s book sign it was. Yejun. The article didn’t say much about her except that she was in Korea and will be doing a book sign tomorrow at 2pm. Donghae felt his heart speed up. Its been 4 years since he felt like this. His palms got sweaty but then stopped. Donghae, wait. What are you going to do? Show up to her book sign? What will the public say? What will the media say? What will the members say? No. You can’t appear to her like this, it’s too public. And it’s been 4 years.

“Hyung, do I have a schedule tomorrow?” Donghae asks his manager.

“Yeah, starting at 7am ending at 11 pm.” His manager said.

“Is there a break in between?”

His manager let out a little smile, “only the time when we drive from place to place.”

Aish.

“Don’t be so tensed. I blocked all major articles about it. I made sure every article was small and gave little detail. Your name wasn’t even on the top searched list so you’ll be fine.” Lindy said while helping Yejun get ready.

Yejun had agreed to the book sign mostly because it was coming from Seoul Books. Her only condition was that there would be no major news articles or coverage on it. If it was coming from anywhere else she wouldn’t be taking this risk. But also what Lindy said was true. She earned her own little fame and it wouldn’t be fair if her fear of something else took it away from her. Plus it’s been 4 years. Everyone has gotten over it, right?

Yejun looked at herself once more in the mirror then left their hotel room. Off we go.

The book sign was going smoothly and there weren’t too many reporters there. There were few and the questions were only about her book which made Yejun happy. Lots of her fans gave her small gifts and she was able to do a lot of small talk with them.

“Hyung, I’m going to be late, there’s a lot of traffic” Donghae said through the phone. Since he was at SM he drove his car there and snuck out to get something which he left in the dorm. He lied to his manager about the traffic. Donghae was sitting in his parked car about a block away from the book sign just in case someone saw.

“I know hyung but I can’t control the traffic. I’ll try. Okay. Okay. Bye” Donghae hung up his phone and put it in his pocket. He got his sunglasses out from the glove compartment out put them on, put his hood over his head and a face mask over his mouth.

“You can have a small break now. Let’s go freshen up.” Lindy said to Yejun after the second round of people were finished.

They went into the back of the store where no one except employees were allowed and they had their own little resting spot there.

“Is your hand cramping yet?” Lindy asked Yejun with a smile.

“Just a bit” Yejun responded with a small laugh. She was looking in the mirror fixing her hair when they heard a knock.

Lindy opened the door and Yejun saw one of the employees in the store coming in, he gave a soft smile and said “you have a visitor”. Out from behind came Donghae. Yejun whos back was still facing them saw Donghae in the mirror. 

“Donghae!” Lindy said first hoping something awkward wouldn’t happen.

“Noona!” Donghae said cheerfully “It’s been so long” he told her with a hug.

Yejun swallowed hard and turned around giving him a soft smile.

“I need to get something, I’ll be right back. Donghae come in please” Lindy said with a smile then left closing the door behind her.

Yejun went to sit on a couch and Donghae sat beside her. There was a silence and neither of them looked at each other.

“I read your book. I really enjoyed it. The photos are really good and the writing too.” Donghae said.

“Thanks” Yejun said with a smile.

Another silence.

“How did you find out about this?” Yejun said.

“I walked past a book store at night and saw your book under the ‘Hot Sellers’ title. I’m not a reader but I saw your name and I was curious if it really was you. I found out that it was so I bought one. But I really liked it so I bought a couple more. Although I must say it’s hard to find out almost anything about you except for articles because you don’t have any sns’s. “ Donghae was hoping for a different atmosphere not this serious one which was created.

“Yeah, I’ve tried to stay away from that…”

“What have you been up to these past few years?”

“I went to university in Canada. I did what my parents wanted but I studied what I wanted. I double majored in photography and writing and with the help of the contacts I made I was able to write my book.”

“Wow, you’ve accomplished so much. I’m happy for you Yejun” Donghae said and looked at her. At that moment Yejun let out a small smile.

“Thank you” She said and looked at him.

“I uhm, brought you something.” Donghae said as he gave her a small gift. “I know it’s not much but I just found out you were here so it was the most I could do.”

Yejun looked at the wrapped gift and opened it. Inside the wrapping paper was a signed Super Junior Album. Yejun smiled a bit at his shyness that was showing a bit.

“It’s our newest album. We just finished promotions for it.” Donghae said.

Yejun opened the album and began to look through it. She looked at all the members. Although she doesn’t remember their faces exactly she could still tell them apart. “I like this photo” Yejun said quietly.

Donghae moved a bit closer to her to see which photo she was talking about and it was one of Donghae’s teaser photos. He let out a soft smile and felt a bit shy. His phone then began to ring so he answered it. “Hello, okay, yes hyung, I’m trying. I’ll be there as soon as I can. I understand. Bye.”

“You have to go?” Yejun said with disappointment.

“Yeah, I told my hyung I was stuck in traffic” Donghae said with a small chuckle. “How long will you be in Korea for?”

“Uhm, a few more weeks”

“Let’s meet up for dinner some time” Donghae said while handing her his phone so she could put her number in.

“Okay” Yejun said with a smile.

 

Whew...the story has came to an end...

I'm sorry if this chapter is short...and i'm not really happy with the ending...

I never wanted to end this story lol but I had to

Thank you to all my supscribers, and commenters and people who upoted :)

This story really means a lot to me and has helped me in many ways so thank you

I don't know if i'll write again... but if I do please subscribe :)

Again thank you!