SEVEN

BABBLE DRABBLES

One day the SHINee boys were at home, taking a rest from the usual hectic schedule. Poor Minho was still filming his “Dream Team”. Taemin decided to complete the homework piled up on his table. The rest gathered in the living room to play video games.

 

It was a tough competition between Jonghyun and Onew but the former seemed to be leading by just a bit. Key sat by the side and wrote letters to Amber and Krystal. He loved writing letters, a trait very few boys have nowadays. He even wrote a tiny note for Onew, the hyung seemed to be rather moody recently, and Key hoped to see Dubu’s smile.

 

The doorbell rang. Key dashed towards the door. He didn’t even need to peep through the hole to know who it was; he was the one who ordered.  As expected, the delivery boy passed the box to Key with a smile and drove off in an old motorcycle.

 

Key slid the small piece of paper into the box and grinned as he went back to where the 2 hyungs were still playing games.

“I smell chicken!” Onew had long discovered the treasure with his sensitive nose.

 

“Look what I’ve got for you, Onew!” Key shouted as he raised the box of fried chicken up.

 

However, just as he was about to advance towards Onew, excited Key tripped over the wire of Jonghyun’s controller connected to the TV. All the chicken pieces fell off from the box and landed on the concrete floor, except for one pathetic petite-sized drumstick.

 

“AHHHHH! Dosfnsodfaharudnfjlag!” Key was too mad to speak a comprehensible language and continued blabbering about nonsense.

 

“It‘s delicious!”  A voice cut Key off and Key stopped to look at Onew who had already finished the only piece of edible fried chicken. “And I’m very happy. Thank you, Key.”

 

Key felt his anger vanishing as the older boy smiled at him. Dubu’s smile is the best after all.