Love & Friendship

Bo Peep Bo Peep Love

     Jiyeon crept slowly near the building. Her heart hammered loudly against her chest. She could feel her breath getting louder and louder as her nerves continued growing.

Park Jiyeon was waiting outside -rather, stalking, outside of Ansan High. Hwayoung attended this high school. As a matter of fact, so did Kosung. It was such a coincidence. Jiyeon would have an excuse if she was caught in the act. Oh, I just came to visit Hwayoung. There's nothing wrong with that, correct? Hee hee hee.

Jiyeon tiptoed closer to the entrance. She was just a few steps away. A few steps away from seeing Kosung again. Her excitement kept increasing.

A large hand touched her shoulder from behind. "Gah!" Jiyeon shrieked in surprise.

"Relax, young lady." a tall, big man said. He was around middle-aged.

". . . Who are you?" Jiyeon asked.

He put his hands on his hips. "Hmph. I should be asking you that. I'm the security guard of this school. You?"

Jiyeon was nervous with the sudden question. "Uh. . .I'm a new student at this school."

"You're supposed to be in class right now." he said, crossing his arms.

"Um, yeah. I know. I didn't know where my class was. I decided to . . .call up my eomma (mom) and tell her to drive me home."

"Yah, just 'cause you're a new student doesn't mean you get to ditch class, kid."

Jiyeon pretended to look apologetic. "Mian. Can you, like, show me to my class?"

"Go ask the office lady." the security guard said lazily.

Jiyeon huffed angrily and walked inside the school. She entered a room that seemed to be the office. Two ladies were busy filing through papers. Jiyeon cleared .

"May I help you?" one woman said, looking up.

"Ye," Jiyeon replied. "I'm a new student and I just couldn't find my class. I forgot to bring my schedule with me, too! I'm such an unprepared person! Can you help me out?"

"Sure!" the lady smiled brightly at Jiyeon's innocent face. "What can I do?"

Well," Jiyeon started. "I have a friend who goes here. His name is Kosung. I happen to have my class with him. Can you please to tell me where he is right now?"

The woman began to shuffle through her papers. "Do you know his last name?" she asked.

Uh-oh. "Ani. I don't." Jiyeon said.

"You don't know your friend's last name?"

"He never told me and I never asked." Jiyeon stated. Which was true.

"This'll be quite difficult."

After searching up on the computer and verifying with Jiyeon with a picture, they found Kosung.

"He is in room B45." said the lady.

Jiyeon grinned widely. "Omo! Gamsahabnida!" she bowed.

The lady smiled back. "Go to your class now! You're going to be very late, my dear."

Jiyeon nodded and sped off to find B45. It took her a while, but she found it eventually. She felt slightly dumb. Now she would have to wait until Kosung came out so she could see him. After all, I can't just barge into a class room. I'm not even a student here.

~ ~ ~

Hwayoung laughed. "Are you serious?! You never told me!"

Kosung grinned. "I know, I know. I was embarressed. Who wouldn't be?"

Kosung had been telling Hwayoung about the time that he'd accidentally entered the girls restroom. He hadn't even known that he was in the wrong room, so he did his business in the restroom. When he came out of the stall, there were 3 girls screaming loudly and throwing toilet paper at him.

"Yah, stop laughing, you two. We have work to do." Hyoyoung scolded.

"We're done." Kosung said, sticking out his tongue.

At that moment, the bell rang and all the students rushed out like a hurricane. Hwayoung and Kosung turned in everyone's papers and pulled in their chairs. They both used to be the teacher's pet.

"Gomawo, Hwayoung and Kosung. You two sweet lovers!" Ms. Gong exclaimed.

"Uh. . .Ms. Gong, we're not dating." Kosung said quickly.

"Oh! Mianhe, it's just that you two have just been so close lately. I suspected that there was more. . ."

Hwayoung blushed and looked out the window. Kosung frowned. "Ani, Ms. Gong. We're just friends. Nothing more. We're leaving now. Annyeong."

Just friends. Nothing more. Hwayoung repeated Kosung's words in her mind. She knew it was true, but it still hurt to hear him say it so strongly.

"Kosung!" said someone from outside.

Kosung looked up and gasped with something like happiness.

Hwayoung's eyes bulged out with shock. "Jiyeon?!"

"You two know each other?" Kosung asked in confusion.

Jiyeon nodded and wrapped her arms around Hwayoung. "We're buddies."

"Right. . ." Hwayoung muttered.

"It's been a while, Kosung." Jiyeon said, touching his arm.

"Y-Ye. Annyeong, Jiyeon."

"Annyeong! I came to visit Hwayoung. If you two don't have any plans, you guys wanna hang out?" Jiyeon asked. "I know a cafe nearby."

Hwayoung eyed Kosung. They used to look at each other for a confirmation before choosing something together. Kosung didn't even glance at Hwayoung. "Of course. Hwagsil."

Just then, Ms. Gong came out of her class. "Oh! I really should apologize again! To say that you and Hwayoung are a couple when actually, Kosung, you have a different girlfriend! Mianhe again!"

Kosung blushed. "Oh, no, she's not my girlfriend."

Ms. Gong gasped. "Oh. I keep getting it wrong. Sorry, Kosung. Well, off I go." Ms. Gong stepped between them and walked off to the exit.

"Well, it looks like you have 2 girlfriends, Kosung." Jiyeon said with a laugh.

Kosung smiled. "Nah. Hwayoung isn't my girlfriend." He said it directly to Jiyeon, with reassurance, like Jiyeon should take it as an opportunity to date him.

Another feeling rushed through Hwayoung. She tried to push it away, but it was stuck there like glue. Her eyesight was getting blurry and she knew that she might cry. Ani, Hwayoung. Don't. Or else Kosung and Jiyeon will know your true feelings. You don't want that. Kosung just started to be friendly again, so don't be like that.

"Um. . . mianhe, Kosung and Jiyeon. I don't feel like hanging out today, so you two go ahead. I'm going home." Hwayoung said softly.

"Eh?! Wae? Are you feeling okay, Hwayoung?" Jiyeon asked with concern.

"I'm fine, Jiyeon. Just tired. Annyeong Jiyeon. Oh, and see you tomorrow, Kosung."

Kosung waved back cheerfully. "Annyeong, Hwayoung! Get lots of sleep."

Jiyeon and Kosung walked out to the front door. Kosung was staring lovingly at Jiyeon. And Jiyeon was staring back with the same passion. Their hands were just an inch apart. They disappeared out of view quickly.

Hwayoung blinked her eyes several times to stop the tears. But in the end, those tears plopped onto her cheeks. They were like water streaming down a river. Hwayoung cried softly, but nobody heard her except for the lonely hallways of Ansan High.