Maknae Love Competition

Bo Peep Bo Peep Love

Hwayoung stared off into the distance, spacing off and feeling depressed. She was waiting inside of the car, patiently wondering when would Soyeon and Mir come out. Hwayoung didn't want to get caught out here. She knew that if anybody saw her, they'd be suspicious, then everything would be ruined. Just like my frienship with Kosung.

Ever since Hwayoung's breakdown at her high school, she'd been determined to stay away from Kosung, to forget about her long-lasting crush on him. So Hwayoung had decided to be less friendly with him. We just started becoming friends again, Hwayoung thought. I wish that I don't have to act this way. But there's no other choice. I have to get over him if I ever want to be his friend at all.

Hwayoung flinched as she heard a loud buzzing sound coming from behind her. She turned around and sighed with relief when it was just her phone on vibration. Who could be calling me? she wondered. Then her eye caught the caller's name: Kosung.

Speak of the devil. . . Hwayoung thought. She hesitated. Should I answer? What does he want with me? Maybe it's nothing much. I shouldn't care. I have other things to do, like watch out for Soyeon unnie nad Mir oppa. But. . .what if it's important? What if something happened?

 

Hwayoung sighed again before answering it. "Yoboseyo. Kosung, what do you want?"

Kosung instantly noticed Hwayoung's cold voice. He tried to sound more polite. "Um, good afternoon, Hwayoung. Are you busy right now?"

"Well, I guess so. Wae?"

". . .Anya. Never mind. Sorry to bother you."

"A-Ani! You can tell me, Kosung! What's going on?"

Kosung's voice seemed unstable. "Are you free at 3 o'clock?"

Hwayoung's heart skipped a beat. "M-Mwuh? I. . .I don't know. I'll have to check. Why?"

"Well, I just wondered if you would like to see a movie together, you know? We haven't been talking much lately, so. . .yeah."

Hwayoung's blush deepened, and she was thankful that he was not there to see it. "Um. . .like I said, I'll have to check. I'll call you back later to tell you, araso?"

"Ye. Have a nice day, Hwayoung." he said.

"You too. Bye."

Then the phone call ended. Hwayoung giggled with excitement. Omo! Omo! I cannot believe it!!! Ahhh!!!! Is this really happening? Is it??? OMO!!!

"Yah!" called a female voice from afar.

Hwayoung gasped and composed her face. She glanced to see Soyeon and Mir walking up to her. Soyeon crossed her arms and gave her a 'what's-up-with-you' face. Mir just frowned in confusion.

Hwayoung blushed. "W-Well, everything's clear. No one seemed to see you guys. Nor me."

Soyeon nodded appreciatively. "Gomawo, Hwayoung. Mir, go drive the car."

Mir scowled at Soyeon's bossy order, but he obeyed, walking to the driver's side. Soyeon went in the car as well. Hwayoung gave Soyeon a big smile.

"Mianhe, Soyeon. I can't accompany you two on the drive home. I have other businesses to attend to."

~ ~ ~

Hwayoung pulled at her skirt, trying to unwrinkle the edge, but with no result. She gave up and patted her hair, which was curled into her wavy style. She sprayed the tiniest bit of perfume before leaving the house.

After riding on the bus and watching the clock to see if she was on time, Hwayoung walked towards the movie theatre's entrance, which was where Kosung had decided to meet at. There were lots of people waling to and fro, the streets were all crowded. Hwayoung's heart pounded wildy as she neared the entrance. Then she looked around.

A smile spreaded across her face as she saw Kosung. The surprise? Park Jiyeon was standing next to him.

Jiyeon's POV

Kosung and I laughed at the movie poster of the new comedy. We were waiting at the entrance together, waiting for Hwayoung to arrive. We'd come together five minutes early. I'd called up Kosung earlier today, asking him to go to the movies with Hwayoung and I. He had agreed. I'd heard from Kosung that Hwayoung had not been talking much lately, so I wanted to stabilize their friendship. Therefore, I'd insisted on Kosung calling Hwayoung for the invitation.

The movie was especially inviting, since I felt that Kosung and I were considered 'dating'. We hadn't really said it to each other yet, but I still considered us as lovers. And since Eunjung was getting her date with Nichkhun, why shouldn't I be with Kosung on such a mournful day? Hyomin would want all of the T-Ara members to be happy and not to worry.

Soon, Hwayoung arrived. I spotted her instantly. Surprisingly, she'd worn make-up, a dress, and all sorts of cute and beautiful things. She looked beautiful. It was a if she was expecting to go on a date. Kosung saw her as well. He smiled at her with admiring eyes. A jealousy filled my heart even though Hwayoung was my friend. The way that Kosung was staring at her made me feel uncomfortable on the inside.

However, Hwayoung was looking very surprised and also disappointed. Has Kosung not told her that I was coming along? Omo. Does that mean that. . . Hwayoung likes Kosung too? The conclusion could not be denied. Hwayoung avoided eye contact with me as she walked up to us. Instead, she looked at the ground.

"Annyeong!" I greeted.

She bowed. "Annyeong."

"You look pretty, Hwayoung." Kosung complimented.

Hwayoung blushed. "G-Gomawo, Kosung. You too. I mean, you don't look pretty, but you look handsome, is what I mean."

Kosung laughed and Hwayoung laughed along with him. I smiled politely, but felt left out. I grabbed Kosung's hand.

"Come on! Let's go inside!" I said.

We went inside and discussed upon ourselves which movie to watch. Hwayoung stayed very silent. I tried to make her talk more, but she only replied a few times. After several minutes, we all agreed to watch the new comedy. Kosung went to buy popcorn and soda. Hwayoung and I stood nearby.

I couldn't help myself. "Do you like Kosung?"


Thank you for reading! As asked, I have updated a new chapter! It is less stressful than the other chapters. Also, Hwayoung, Jiyeon, and Kosung, the complicated lovers are back on the scene! What do you think? Thank you, everyone, for all the comments! Especially orangesun  . Thanks for supporting this story ever since the beginning!