A Failed Date?

Bo Peep Bo Peep Love

Soyeon patted her dress down, trying to flatten the small wrinkles of the dress. Do I look alright? Am I too dressed up? Will I make a fool out of myself? Soyeon's nerves were making an infinite amount of undesired questions fill her mind. Even now, Soyeon wasn't sure why she accepted Mir's dinner date. She had no actual feelings for him. She only thought of him as a friend. Not even a close friend. So why am I doing this? What am I even trying to prove by coming here? For now, she came up with no answers.

"You look quite desirable tonight," a voice said behind her.

Soyeon turned around to see a tuxedo version of Mir. She had to admit, he looked charming in it. It suited him well. A close-fitting black tuxedo, with a rose in his pocket, made Mir look like Prince Charming. In fact, it showed another side to who Mir was.

"You don't look too bad yourself," Soyeon replied. "I'm sure your fan girls would have fainted if they saw you like this."

"I'd say the same for your fan boys," Mir grinned, looking at her up and down. "Including Seungho." he muttered quietly.

"What was that?" Soyeon asked, not quite hearing his last comment.

The boy shook his head with a knowing smile. "Nothing. Shall we sit?"

Soyeon nodded and Mir took her hand, walking her to a table near the window of the restaurant.

"Nice view," Soyeon commented. She look around the restaurant. "But how come there's no one else around? Isn't this restaurant supposed to be popular? There's no sight of anyone at all." she observed.

"I asked for the whole restaurant to be reserved for us tonight," Mir explained. "Don't you like the peaceful environment?"

Soyeon was taken back by his actions. She didn't expect him to reserve the whole place just for her. "Wow, that was kind of you. But you shouldn't have. I don't mind the noise."

"I do." Mir said with a wink.

A waitress walked to their table. "Would you like to get started with the drinks first?" she asked.

Soyeon had almost forgot about the menu in front of her. "Oh! Um, maybe just some water for me, please? I need to look at the menu first."

"Wine for me!" Mir declared. "The most expensive that you got!"

The waitress nodded, scribbling it down and walked away. Soyeon rolled her eyes at Mir. "The most expensive? Did you get your paycheck recently or something?"

"Something like that," Mir agreed. "Dinner's on me. So pick whatever you want. I don't really care." He said, placing his hands around his head casually.

Soyeon raised her eyebrow. Even in a suit, he's not too much of a gentlemen. She chuckled. "Hmm, shall I get the most expensive dish as well?"

"Of course you can!"

"Well, then, I'll have the--"

"Soyeon!!!!"

She jumped at the  loud sound of her name. In irritation, she turned her head. Who's yelling so loud at this time of the night?!

It was Seungho, who froze in the middle of the room, panting as he stared back at her with intense eyes. Soyeon blinked.

"Seungho? What are you doing here?" she asked in confusion.

Mir quickly straightened up and placed his hand over Soyeon's. "Seungho, Soyeon and I were just having a romantic time. Why are you interrupting us like this?" He asked coldly.

The waitress came out and bowed deeply. "I'm so sorry, Mr. Bang! I told this man to leave. I told him that the restaurant was reserved, but he wouldn't listen."

Seungho blushed and realized how awkward it looked. He walked over to their table slowly while the waitress followed him, telling him to stop.

"It's okay, ma'am. He's a friend." Mir said, shooing her away. When she disappeared back into the kitchen, Mir frowned at his hyung. "What are you doing here, Seungho hyung? Something wrong?"

Seungho stared at his feet and Mir smirked, knowing what he came for.

"Um, well..." Seungho murmured. "I was, uh, I was..."

"Just say it," Soyeon said, rolling her eyes. "Did you come to steal some of our dinner?" she asked jokingly.

Seungho stared at their entwined hands and his courage faded away. But something kept him up. Soyeon's curious eyes.

"Actually, I came here to steal you away." he confessed.

Soyeon's poker face was gone as she dwelled on what he meant. "Huh...?"

Mir smiled and let go of Soyeon's hand as Seungho continued to speak.

"I don't know when it started, but . . . ever since Mir showed up and asked you out for dinner," Seungho said. "I've been having a weird and uncomfortable feeling. And I--"

"Are you feeling sick?" Soyeon asked with a frown. "Maybe you should go to the doctor's. I told you to--"

"Let him finish, Soyeon." Mir said.

Soyeon nodded and stayed quiet.

"I know we've been friends since forever. Since high school, to be exact," Seungho stated. "And I know you've always thought of me as a friend. Only a friend. That's what I used to think too...Until...."

"Until what?" Soyeon asked.

"Until you accepted Mir." Seungho answered. "That's when I started to realize...that...that I have feelings for you."

Soyeon had to repeat the words again in her head. F-Feelings for me?! Seungho?! My best friend? The one who always teased me? The one who I always go to when I'm helpless? Him? How can....How can this be possible?! Only shock and bewilderment filled Soyeon's heart at that moment.

Mir tilted his head at her. "Soyeon? Is it me, or are you blushing?"

"Huh?!" Soyeon placed her hands on her cheek. They were hot against her touch. "Um, erm, well, this restaurant is a little stuffy. T-That must be why!!"

Mir covered his laughter with a cough. "So, Seungho, what are you trying to say?"

Seungho was red as well. "Mwuh? I was just...I'm sorry, bro. I'm sorry for messing up your date, but...I just couldn't help it. I'm in love with her. I couldn't help myself."

"Aren't;t you supposed to ask her something then?" Mir asked, jerking his head at Soyeon, who was still looking at her menu, not really reading it.

"Um, well, yeah. Park Soyeon, will you...go out with me?"

Soyeon looked up and couldn't meet his eyes. "Well, uh, if...if you want. Sure."

"Yes!!!!!" Mir cheered, a little too loudly.

Soyeon and Seungho stared at him. Mir tried to compose his face.

"Uh, ignore what I just said..." he muttered.

"Why do you look so happy?" Soyeon questioned, crossing her arms. "Wait....I think I know why." She said, putting the clues together.

"Me too," Seungho nodded. "You were planning this all along, weren't you? You asked Soyeon out for dinner to make me jealous. You weren't really interested in her at all."

Soyeon hit Seungho's arm. "Yah!!! What do you mean by 'not interested'? Huh? Are you saying that I'm an unattractive woman?"

As they bickered, Mir's toothy grin appeared again. "Well, mission accomplished."

"I was right!" Soyeon announced as she narrowed her eyes at Mir.

"And so was I!" Seungho stated.

"You sneaky boy!" Soyeon teased, pinching Mir's nose.

He laughed and pushed her hand away. "It was all for the best! I'm a matchmaker, aren't I? You two have been liking one another since forever! All I had to do was put you guys into action."

"Well, I'm glad you did." Seungho said.

"No problem," Mir winked.

Soyeon cleared . "Alright then, let's have a feast tonight! Then we'll work on Mission #2."

"What's Mission #2?" Seungho asked, dumbfound.

Soyeon and Mir rolled their eyes. "The Cat Girls." they said at once.

~ ~ ~

Eunjung scanned the page, urgently looking for any clues about the term--D489. She'd been searching the web for a while already, finding no location about it's whereabouts. Hope was slowly going down the drain. Eunjung sighed and banged her head against her desk.

"Eunjung-ah, what's wrong?" Qri asked  from the bookshelves. They were at the library, looking everywhere for anything.

"I can't find a single thing about it! What the heck is wrong with this?!" the frustrated girl complained loudly.

Boram placed her finger on her lip. "Shh, stay quiet, Jungie. People will get angry if we're loud."

"Stop calling me Jungie!!!" Eunjung complained.

"You're fine with Hwayoung calling you that!" Boram whined.

"Because I'm special," Hwayoung said with a wink as she walked over to Eunjung. There were sheets of paper in her hands.

"Did you find anything?" Qri asked, laying her head against Hwayoung's shoulder.

"Maybe. We'll have to look more into it." Hwayoung said. "Mir told me the other day that there's an abandoned building that the KAT team used years ago. But now it's not in use."

"Do you think maybe they're secretly keeping the girls there?" Boram asked.

"It's possible." Hwayoung answered.

"How will we know?" Qri wondered.

Eunjung swiped her glasses back on. "What's the address?"

"Right here." Hwayoung pointed, tracing her finger against an address that she'd scribbled down.

"Let's go," Eunjung said.

"Now?! We need to tell the others about this first..." Hwayoung said.

"It'll be dangerous if we go without telling anyone." Qri noted.

Boram gave Eunjung a concerned glance. "And what if the KAT spot us? Maybe we'll get locked up too..."

"There's no time to be worried. We have to get Hyomin back before it's too late. She may already be seriously hurt. We can't take action so slowly." Eunjung said. "Are you guys coming or not?"

With hesitation, the girls nodded, hoping for the best but expecting the worst.


Yay! Chapter 26 now! And finally some action. As the author of this story, I apologize for being on hiatus for a while. It's been busy as usual and I haven't written do too that. Writer's block has been part of it too. -.-' But thanks again for reading & subscribing! And for waiting!!! I love you all!!! Thanks for all the support! <333