You!

A Future Stepdaughter In Love

We were both shocked as we heard her announcement.  Then questions started to fill out my mind and as I was about to ask them to her, the questions were all gone and I began to mumble words.  " But... But... Didn't you... Weren't you gonna... How did you... You haven't even... I thought you were gonna... "  Then Sungmin held my wrist, trying to calm me down, but I shoved it off as I hit the table with my fist.

" NO! " I furiously yowled making everyone in the room flinch.

" Joo-hyun, listen to me. "

This is it.  I have to tell her.  I'm sure my dad won't be happy about all of this, but I have no choice but to give my mom a wake up call.  " No, Omma.  You listen to me.  Look, first, you never made us feel your presence even during Appa's death.  And now... Now you're replacing him that easily?!  You haven't even done a single thing to make it up to us when you weren't there!  Now, all of a sudden you just announce that you're dating?!  Omma, our dad isn't a something you can buy in the grocery that once you've used it all up, you can come back and get a new one as a replacement.  Also, Sungmin oppa and I aren't just those people who just sits and watch while you do things on your own.  I've had enough!  Old Lady, you can call me a disgrace while saying these things to you, but I'm telling the truth and in those things that you do and those that you've done, it makes me see you more disgraceful than me.  And one more thing.  I wish I died along with Appa so I won't have to waste my time to a person like you. "  Then I heard heavy footsteps coming my way, wasn't long when a hand heavily whammed my cheek.  I straightened up myself, seeing my mom's wrist held by my brother.

" Say whatever you want.  But don't dictate to me about not doing anything to keep this family together. "

I chuckled while ignoring the stingy feeling on my cheek.  " Yeah right.  Like you really did something to keep it together, " I scoffed before heading towards the front door, trying to hold back the tears forming in my eyes.  Once I slammed the door behind me, I let them freely slide on my face as I ran till I reached somewhere far from home and where I could find some peace for myself.  I beamed as I saw flashbacks of me and my dad pushing each other on the swings.  Appa, I don't know what to do now.  I lost you.  And since then, things got worse.  Appa, I don't want anybody else to replace you.  You're not worth any replacement for me.  Please help me and Oppa get things back on track.  We still need you.  Then tears began streaming from my eyes again as I sat on one of the swings as I ignored the other people staring weirdly at me.

 

An hour or so passed when I left the playground.  I still felt this heaviness in me so I decided to go to a place where I can get something that could hopefully help me.

 

I went to the nearest bar and I was surprised that the bouncers let me in when I'm not yet in the right age to be here.

" Get me the strongest drink you have, " I told the middle-aged bartender.

" You sure?  You look too young to be drinking at a place like this, " the bartender asked as he suspiciously looked at me.  Then I didn't know what came into me when I took out a couple of bills from my pocket and handed it to him.  His eyes became saucers but not for long, he took the money and buried it in his pocket.  " Hey kid, get this lady the house's specialty, " he said to the other bartender at the back.

" Got it, Ajussi.  By the way, I'm gonna have to leave pretty early tonight.  I've got some emergencies at home, " the other bartender replied.

" Arasso.  Just get this lady here her drink. "  Once the bartender was done with my drink, he served to me.  But before he could place it in front of me, he stared at me for a while, as if he's examining my face really carefully.

Irritated, I spoke up, " So will you stare at me the whole night without letting me have my drink? "

" Yah, aren't you too young to be drinking this?  I mean this is way too strong for you. "

" Are you saying that I'm too weak?  Dude, I paid for the drink so give me that, " I scolded him as I attempted to grab the glass.  But before I could get my hands on it, he was able to put it away.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.  " Look.  If the money I'll give is not enough, here. "  And again.  I handed out money to him.  But he didn't even look at it.

" I don't need that, Joo— Agassi. " 

" Cho Kyuhyun, the nice young lady wants her drink so let her have it, " the older bartender said as he took away the glass from the younger one and placed it in front of me.

" Zip it, kid.  Didn't I tell you that the customer is always right? "

Out of words to say, the younger bartender, Kyuhyun,  left.  Before I could sip the drink he prepared for me, I thought about his name.  Kyuhyun?  How come that name rings a bell?  Oh well..  I shrugged to the thought as I just drank.  After drinking it, this spiky taste came to me.  I don't know about it but I find it addicting.  A while later, I was able to finish the whole drink and requested for another one.  Since the nagging bartender isn't around, the elder bartender did my drink.

" Good, huh? " he said with a chuckle.

" Oh yeah. "  Then I asked for a few more glasses, I'm not sure how many they were.  But the next thing I knew is that my so-called mother scolding the younger idiotic bartender.  After a few seconds, everything went black.

 

 

Morning came and a major headache hit me.  What made it worse is seeing my mom and hearing her words of stupidity.  They're not even worth listening after what happened last night!

Blah.. Blah.. Blah..  Go on and waste those useless thoughts of yours and your energy.  You don't even know I'm not absorbing any of those things at all.  I smirked as I prepared a glass of water and ran to my room, escaping from the old hag.  " Yah, Lee Joo-hyun! " I heard her yell before I completely escape the kitchen. 

" It's Joo-hyun for you!  I don't want you spitting out dirt with the name my dad gave me! " I yelled back as I ran to the stairs.  Hoping to reduce the headache, I jumped on my bed and tried to get more sleep.

 

" What? " I woke up, feeling somebody shaking me.

" Get up, " Sungmin said.  I groaned in reply and turned to the other side; my back facing him.

" Yah.  You have to get up.  Old hag wants us to get ready. "

" I don't care.  Just go away! " I said, burying my face in my pillow.

" C'mon!  She wants us to get ready to meet her doof boyfriend.  You wouldn't want to miss that now, would you? "  I slowly removed my pillow, squinting because of the light.  " Alright then.  Go on and take a shower.  We'll leave in a little while. "

 

This night, I had to look my best.  So I wore a little black dress matched with a pair of black pumps.  But I didn't finish up with that.  I put on lots of eyeliner and lipstick with a dark shade of red.  Now that's gorgeous.  My subconscious said while looking at my reflection in the mirror; I smirked, agreeing.  I took my black purse and glanced at myself in the mirror for the last time before exiting my room.  Waiting in the living room were my brother and the hag.

" Are we leaving or what? " I blankly asked.  They stared at me in complete shock and I'm not surprised at all.  I ignored them before they could object and head towards the front door with a smirk on my face.  The driver waiting outside opened the car door for me and I went in.  It wasn't long when they got in the car too.  Knowing that my mom would complain a lot with my clothing and make-up, I took out my phone, plugged my earplugs and played my music as loud as it can.  But I wasn't listening to it at all because my mind was in a deep thought.  I sighed.  Appa, do you think Omma will change with this guy around?  And do you think I'll still be the same old daughter to her?  I guess the answer will have to wait.

 

The trip wasn't as quick as I've expected but I was so glad I get to spend more time not seeing whoever the is.  But my joy didn't last for long.  The driver put the car to a stop.  I removed the earplugs that soaked my ears with the music with volume that's beyond what my ears could handle.  We entered a restaurant with the hag leading us inside.  She talked to the receptionist who led us to an empty four-seated table.  " Oh.  So we're the ones to wait, huh.  Guess the you're dating's one gentleman, " sarcastically, I spoke. 

 

While waiting, I just played with my phone, while the old woman couldn't help but look at the door every 5 seconds.  It's irritating the both of us.  And finally the bobble-headed woman stops.   Her ear-to-ear smile explained it all.  He's here.  I looked at her eyes' direction and saw a familiar young man in a suit.  She stood up as he got closer.  So the has a son now.  Great.  A stepbrother.  Let me guess.  There's still a daughter and once they get married, she'll go with me to school and she'll start a fight with me, then my mom would go on her side while I live not so happily ever after.  I rolled my eyes at my thought.

" Sorry I'm late, " he said to us before bowing.  I scrutinize at him as he sat down across me.  Ha!  The douche ain't present.  Well that's a deduction from me.

" Sungmin, Joo-hyun I'd like you to meet the man I've been dating. "  Did I just hear her right?  This is the she told us about?

" This is Kyuhyun. "  Name's familiar.  I feel like...

Wait a second.  " YOU! "

 


 

Hi everyone!  It's been a.. uh.. a while. Kekeke.  I bet you guys hate me for keeping you guys waiting for such a long time.  And because of that, I wanted to say sorry for that.  I promise I'll do the best that I can to not let that happen again.  Thanks for those who stayed with me.  ^^

 

Oh.  And just so you know, I see the Seohyun-Sungmin sibling thingy kinda awkward.  OTL Also the part where I see Kyu likes... *gulps* an old woman.  Now you know how I feel.  Though it's kinda odd for an author to not like her stories. xD