Perfect Boyfriend

A Future Stepdaughter In Love

Upon arriving our home, I ran to my room and did my homework right away.  Once I finished everything, I picked an outfit to wear in watching the performance of Yonghwa's band, CNBLUE.  After choosing, I took a shower and wore the clothes that I picked.  A few minutes later, I heard a knock on my door.  " Come in. "

" Hey! "

" Hey, " I said back to Yonghwa.

" You ready? "

" Mmm. "

" Kaja. "

 

We arrived seeing lots of fangirls and other people fixing CNBLUE's instruments.  " How about sitting there?  I'll look for Jonghyun and the others, " he told me as he pointed a vacant table near the stage.

" Sure.  I'll just stay here until you finish your performance. "

" Arasso.  See you later. "

 

I texted Yoona to let her know I'm with Yonghwa.  A few minutes later, a fangirl began to scream, " OMO!!! OPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! "  Her scream was followed of the rest of the crowd.

" JUNGSHIN OPPA! "

" JONGHYUN OPPA! "

" MINHYUK OPPA! "

" WAAAAAAAAAAH!  YONGHWA OPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! "  Those were the only voices I heard until Yonghwa spoke through the microphone.

" Good evening, everyone.  We're here to perform again tonight and as for the songs of the night, I dedicate them to this great person.  Not long ago, an unwanted incident happened.  So as of now, she's trying to be strong for her loved ones.  Hyun, I'm always here for you, " he smiled at me.  And that smile kinda lightened me up.  He then turned around, facing Minhyuk and nodded, signalling him to start the beat.  The four of them played altogether.  When I heard the song's intro, I smiled again as I recalled the time he first sang it to me.  He started singing and I sang with him in my mind.

" Sarangui mesiji nal boruji~ "

 

~Flashback~

 

It was prom night and Yonghwa and his band were set to perform to end the night.  " And now for the night's last song, may we call on CNBLUE! " the MC announced as we all cheered for them.

Before getting up on the stage, Yonghwa talked to one of the staff from behind the stage and the staff nodded.  He began to sing with a smile for me, as if sending a message.  Clueless, I just smiled back at him.  In the middle of the song, he took the mic and while singing, he jumped off the stage and walked towards my direction.  " Lee Joo-hyun, " he took out his hand and I held on to it as he led us on the stage.  Jungshin and Jonghyun sang the rest of the parts of the song while Yonghwa took a rose from his tux, surprising me as I had an idea of what he's about to do. 

" Lee Joo-hyun, we've been friends since seventh grade.  And as we got closer, my feelings for you grew and grew.  I waited for the right moment to come and I guess this is it.  So Lee Joo-hyun, will you go out with me? " the other students gasped, making me nervous.  But luckily, my friends relieved me a bit as they cheered me on, " Say yes!  Say yes!  Say yes! " and the crowd joined them making their chant increase volume.

So I made up my mind and thought about the things we've done before, as friends.  He's always there for me anyways, so why not?  I turned to Yonghwa, beaming.  And I eagerly nodded.  " Neh.  I'd love to go out with you! " I happily said as I took the rose from him.  He stood up and hugged me.  Since I was facing my friends' direction, I saw their reactions; Taeyeon squealed, Leeteuk pumped his fist, Yoona, Tiffany, Sunny and Sungmin applauded and jumped, while Donghae just stood there, smiling.  " Gomawo, " Yonghwa muttered, breaking the hug.  He continued singing, while the audience and I cheered for them again.

 

By the end of the night, the other students congratulated us.  Leeteuk then offered us a treat to a bar to celebrate Yonghwa and I as a newborn couple, not minding the fact that we're minors since his uncle owns the place.  Well as time passed, my feelings for him grew as well.  And finally, I've learned to love him back.

 

~End of Flashback~

 

Throughout the whole song, I smiled and I felt like I've forgotten those hardships that I've felt.  The boys stepped down the stage after bowing and they sat on the vacant seats beside me.  " Looks like our idea worked, " he said to his bandmates as he pointed me, still smiling.

" Jinjja, Seohyun chingu? Did it really cheer you up? " Minhyuk asked me.  With his kiddish actions, I couldn't help but giggle.

" Neh.  Gomawo. "

The five of us had dinner and afterwards, they went back to the stage to perform.  Almost all the songs they sang was written by Yonghwa and those songs were made to make me smile.  I'm really happy that they did, actually, I didn't notice that I had my smile on throughout their whole performance; it didn't disappear at all.  Guess it really is the power of love.  That's my perfect boyfriend, I mentally said to the audience who were applauding and cheering them on.  As 9 in the evening came, Yonghwa, along with me and his bandmates left the club and we all went on our way to our homes.

 

I was about to go to bed when my phone rang.  I read the caller ID and answered it.  " Sungmin oppa, " I answered, yawning.

" Joo-hyunnie! " I nearly threw my phone when he suddenly exclaimed.

" Yah, Oppa, how can you call and yell at this time? "

" Oh, is it your bedtime? "

" I wouldn't be irritated if it isn't. "

" Oopsie.  Sorry about that.  Well anyways, I called to see how you're doing. "

" I'm fine, Oppa.  Is Omma there now? "

" She's in New York.  She told me she can handle it there so I left New York to talk to the other business partners. "

" WHAT?!  I thought you'll be on your way home.  Didn't you say the other day that— "

" Whoa, whoa.  Relax, calm yourself down.  I said I'll be back as soon as I finish a little business here.  Don't you worry, little sis.  Once I've made them agree to our offer, I'll be home really really soon. "

" Promise? "

" Promise.  Oh!  How's the name change by the way?  Are you officially Lee Seohyun now? "

" Neh.  Since a few days ago.  So Oppa, I don't want to hear you call me on my old name. "

" Yes, little miss.  But I still like Joo-hyun though. " he sighed.

" I guess I can make a few exceptions. "

" Yes!  Does that mean I can still call you Joo-hyun? "

" Yeah.  I don't think I'll get tired of that name though.  But since Seohyun is what Appa used to call me, I wanna use it forever so I can always be reminded of him whenever somebody calls me that. "

" You're such a daddy's little girl. "  He teased.  " But you miss him, huh? "  The atmosphere changed as he popped that question.  It reminded me again.  " I'm sorry, Sis. "

" I-it's alright, Oppa.  Don't mind me. "  I faked a laugh.

" Tch.  Says the girl who's crying deep inside.  Let me make it up to you.  What do you want?  You better let me know now because I'll be going to the mall later. "

" No thanks, Oppa.  Just come home soon. "

" Arasso, arasso.  Well, you have to take a rest now.  I almost forgot that you have school tomorrow. You go and sleep now, little princess. "

" Mmm.  I'm hanging up now, Oppa.  Bye! "

" Bye, take care. "

" You, too. "

 


 

Sorry for a boring chapter everyone ^^; But do keep the comments coming :3

Thanks to the new subscribers~ :]