Recover

A Future Stepdaughter In Love

Joo-hyun's POV

 

The maids were preparing dinner as Yoona unnie and I were watching this drama.  Our faces were flooded with tears, watching the guy leave the girl he loves.  But a few minutes later, the drama ended with the guy, who was just pretending to leave so he can see how strong the girl's love for him is.  Them, kissing and living happily ever after, made us jump and squeal.  " This drama's really good! " I exclaimed.

" Yeah.  I wish that's reality. " Yoona replied to me with a sigh.  I just giggled at her.

 

Just then, the maids called us for dinner.  While going down the staircase, we talked about the drama we just watched and how cute and charming the guy was. As we sat down by the dining room, Yoona asked the maid, " Where's Auntie? "

" Unnie, you really need to ask that?  Where else would she be? " I replied with a sigh.

" Oh, right.  But don't you think she's been in there doing the same thing for like, I don't know... Too long?  I mean she's been tearing up in there for like two months and you know, two months are too long now. "

" Unnie, I think we should let her be.  She's just depressed and we should understand her situation. "

" Cousin, you've been understanding your mom for so long and in a wrong way.  Seohyun, I know you love your mom and as her daughter you give her everything just to make her happy.  But in what I see, this is not happiness, it's madness.  So if I were you, as Little Miss Soon-to-be heiress, I would help her and 'understand' her by telling her stuff she has to know about moving on with her life.  Did you get what I said? " she explained to me, like a good cousin she is to me.  Well that's one of the things I love about Yoona— she's like a big sister to me, though at times she does a lot of prank to me.  So I just nodded and we proceeded to eating our supper.

 

The next day, the smell of smoke coming from the hallways awakened me.  " She's smoking again, " I said to myself, getting up from my bed.  I wrapped myself with a silk robe to cover my night gown and wore my slippers.  Then I marched into her room.  I grabbed the cigarette that she was about to put in . 

" Yah, Joo-hyun-ah, what are you doing?  I'm not yet done with that, " she said, seemingly drunk. 

I took a deep breath as I tried to think about what Yoona told me last night.  " Omma!  That's enough, okay?  This has been too much! " I suddenly exploded.  " Omma, I know that you miss Appa.  Well, so do I!  But do you think drinking and smoking will do you any good? " then I heard her cry. 

" Omma, you're not the only one who lost Appa.  I know it's hard for you to lose Appa, well it's harder for me to see this family be torn apart because my mother has been sitting here, waiting to die along with Appa.  Omma, can't you see that Sungmin oppa has to stop his college and work hard just to maintain the standing of the business?!  What'll be next, me doing the same thing and going around the world, not to take a vacation, but to help him sign papers and beg the investors to invest with our company?!  Omma, I want to live a normal life, we, Sungmin oppa and I want to live a normal life— even just for a while!  So please just stop this, before it could cause me and Oppa even more trouble?! " as I spoke, my sight has gotten blurry as tears flooded my eyes.  Though we're not too close to each other, I love her as much as a daughter should love her mom.  But I don't know about her if she sees us as her kids at all.

" Mianhe, " she whispered as she hugged me.  We both sobbed, then a maid knocked on her door.  " Wh-what is it? " Omma asked, wiping off our tears.

" Madam, it's Young Master Sungmin, " she said, giving the phone to Omma.  " Yeobosaeyo?  Neh?  Yes they have... What?!  Waeyo?!  Arasso, I'll talk to them tomorrow.  Arasso, neh, I'll be there, " then she hung up.  I got worried by seeing her face that had the same expression. 

" Omma, what's wrong?  What did he say? "

" Well there seems to be a problem with the investors in New York.  So I'm gonna have to go there tomorrow. "

Great.  She's leaving again, I thought to myself.  She caressed my face and apologized; I just nodded.  " Are you okay to be here with Yoona? "

" Neh. "

" Arasso. "

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

So the next day, while eating breakfast, Omma said goodbye and promised to return within the next two weeks.  Yoona began talking as soon as Omma left.  " Yah, what happened to your mom?  Did you confront her already?  Why did she come back all of a sudden? "

" I just told her the things I want to let her know, " I beamed.

 

We arrived in school after picking up Taeyeon unnie and went to our usual spot on the school grounds.  There, we saw Sunny unnie, Tiffany unnie, Leeteuk oppa and Donghae oppa.  Of course, Taeyeon ran to Leeteuk and went on their way to what we'd like to call, 'Flirting Session'.  Apparently, they have this every morning and we secretly stare at them for the first 15 minutes, because we know that the good parts happen within those minutes.  We laughed when we saw them pinch each other's noses.  " Yah!  Stop that mushy stuff and make-out already! " Donghae blurted to them.

" Yah!  Lee Donghae!  Stop being jealous and make-out with yourself! " Leetuek harshly replied.

 

Yeah, the tone of his voice kinda scared us, so the four of us decided to have a 'business' of our own.  " Oh, by the way, Seohyunnie, how's life with your mom? " Donghae asked. 

" Yeah, what happened? Is she still like before?  Or did she get worse? " Tiffany added.

" Well, Oppa, Unnie, I'm really really happy to say that everything's back to normal.  So Sunny unnie, in a few days, your future husband will be back! " I said, hinting her crush on Sungmin oppa.

" YAH! Lee Seohyun! " she nudged me as we all laughed at her redness.

" That's great!  But how did she 'recover' so fast? " Tiffany asked again.

" Unnie, what kind of mother wouldn't listen to her own daughter? "

She laughed.  " You're right.  Then— "  I didn't know why she stopped talking until I saw her pointing from behind.  So I looked at her pointer's direction and saw, " Yong! "

" Hyun! " he said as he pecked my cheek. [LOL. I just got the Sweet Potato Couple's nicknames when I watched them in We Got Married xD ]

" Annyeong! " he greeted Yoona and the others and they replied with a bow and a smile.

" So how's the weekend? " he asked me.

" Well, I guess my answer will still be the same, still missing Appa. But something about Omma kinda lifted up my spirit. "

" Jinjja?  How? "

" Omma's back! "

" Geurae?  That is great news!  So how's she doing now? "

" Well as of now, she's on a business trip to New York.  But she'll be back after a couple of weeks. "

" Oh.  Actually, I got a little worried when you said she left the country.  But there's Yoona, so I guess that can relieve me even just a bit. "

I smiled at him, thinking how perfect my boyfriend is.  " Okay, Donghae oppa, Tiffany unnie and Sunny unnie.  I think the cheesy talk is our cue to leave the lovebirds alone, " Yoona said to the three as she pulled them a bit farther than the two of us and we just giggled.

" Oppa, I'm alright and I'll be alright.  So don't worry yourself too much about me. "

Then Yonghwa turned to me.  " Yah, Hyun.  Don't tell me you'll be alright.  Because I'm used to that sentence.  But you always end up calling me or Yoona to watch a movie with you or do some stuff with you until you fall asleep. "

I pouted at him.  " Not anymore, Oppa.  Not anymore, " I said as I stuck out my tongue to him.

" Yeah right. "  He pinched my cheeks.

" YONG! " I pouted again.

" Arasso, arasso.  I'm sorry, " he then pecked my reddened cheek, giving me the tingly feeling.  " By the way, Hyun.  We'll be having a performance tonight at the 'Boice'.  You wanna come? "

" Mmm, " I replied with a nod.

" You sure?  Because if you've something else in mind, it's alright. "

" Ani.  It's alright.  You can pick me up. "

" Alright. "

 

Later that day, class was over.  Yoona, Taeyeon and I were picked up by Jang ahjussi, one of our family's drivers.  So I waved goodbye to my friends and gave Yonghwa a peck on his lips.  " I'll pick you up later, " he reminded me.

" Arasso, " I replied as I got in the car.

 


 

Hello, everyone!  Chapter 1 is up!  I hope you liked it, even if it took me a really long time to post it. :)

I'm sorry for that by the way.  It's just that I was busy with studies before, as well as updating my other fic.

 

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm not like the other authors who update everyday or every hour.  Which is why I'm requesting everyone to be patient as I write the upcoming chapters. Because I have a life outside AFF too. :3

Another thing is that I want you, my readers to leave a comment, even if it's a criticism, some stuff you want to tell me about this story or even something that could probably help me with the improvements of my writing, I'd appreciate it very much! <3  Yes, I read them, every single word letter of your comments and if I can, I will reply to them. ;)  

Enjoy reading and support me please, yeoreobun! <3

THANK YOU!!! <3 <3 <3