Dating?!

A Future Stepdaughter In Love

For a couple of weeks our mother came home drunk late at night.  No matter how obvious it was, she kept on denying it.  Sungmin and I are starting to lose it, just a little bit more and we'll be full of it.  We've been receiving calls from the company about needing our help, we ignored them and assigned our dad's right hand to take charge for a while since we've got bigger issues to take care of, like school and our mom. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I started doing my homework so I'll be prepared when Momzilla gets home and disturbs me again.  I heard my door creak, I didn't mind it because all that's in my mind was to finish it before my mom stresses me out even more.  Then I heard my mom's voice, " Joo-hyunnie.  Kaja!  Let's go and have dinner. "  My jaw dropped after seeing her all normal.

She chuckled and said, " Yah, come on.  The food's gonna get cold.  You go on and call your brother while I have the maids prepare the dinner, okay? "

" N-neh, Omma, " I replied as I exited my room and ran towards Sungmin's room.  I knocked on his door and heard no reply, forcing me to barge in.  I then saw Sleeping Sungmin drooling on his desk.  I rolled my eyes as I walked towards him.  " Yah!  Lee Sungmin!  Ireona! Ppalli, something's wrong! " I said as I shook him to wake him up.

" HUH?! WHAT?! What's going on? "

" Oppa, you have to see the old woman.  There's gotta be a problem with her!  Ppalli, ppalli.  Let's go downstairs! " I said as I dragged him out of his room.

 

We proceeded to the dining room where the old woman is seated and ate dinner with confusion all over our faces.  And our mom seems to notice it so she spoke.  " Is there something wrong with the food or anything? "

" N-nothing, Omma, " we both replied as we continued eating.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A few weeks passed and we're so surprised to see our mom become... our mom.  It's not that we don't like it or what, but we're just not used to it.  We were really shocked about the change in her; she stopped drinking, she stopped smoking and lastly, she stopped going overseas whenever duty calls.  What drove us nuts though was that she became sweet.  One night she asked for a little family meeting.  Curious, we rushed climbing downstairs and as we reached the entrance of the dining room, we slowed down.  Then we saw the old woman seated by the other end of the table, opposite to where we're standing.  " Oh, don't let your knees weaken.  Sit down. "

We sat down as the old woman began to talk.  She began, " I-I just wanted to apologize to you if you ever I lacked anything for you two. "  The two of us noticed her eyes getting close to teary.  Then we stared at each other.

" The heck is she saying? " Sungmin mumbled loud enough for only me to hear as I shrug in reply with a blank expression.

How nice of you to know, I said to her in my mind sarcastically.  We turned to our mom.  As I stared at her, I recalled those times when I needed her the most.  Out of millions of times I asked for her, she rarely came to comfort me.  Tears began to form in my eyes.  Because all these years, I never knew the true feeling of having a mom was even though I have one.

And I started, " Omma, why are you saying that to us? "  I was trying to control myself from saying more.

" I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am to you throughout those years. "

" So that's what this is for? "

" Well, no.  Actually, I just have an announcement to make. "  I wasn't surprised because I know what this is all about.  She's leaving... as always!

" Going out of the country again? " I said as I raised my eyebrow.

" No, my dear.  It's... It's something different. "

Our eyes widened in shock.  " What is it then? " Sungmin asked.

She took a deep breath and spilled.  " I called you out to let you know that... "

" That what? " Sungmin and I asked her, annoyed.

" Sungmin, Seohyun.  I... I'm dating again, " she said with a little smile.

" DATING?! " Sungmin and I exclaimed as we both stood up and slammed the table with our palms.

 


 

Sorry for the late update.  School's been bothering me.  -_-