Chapter 6

Memories [Discontinued]

Yue sat there, staring out the window, his eyes followed the kids that ran across the streets below and the leaves that fell from the trees. However, a lingering question was still nagging at him. Where was the sky? His gaze went upwards at the glowing icicles that dangled from the cavern tops. Maybe I remembered wrong? Maybe this is how the sky looks like. A knock on the door brought him out of his thoughts and he turned, giving a small smile to the visitor.

 

“Kai hyung.”

 

“Yo kiddo,” Kai greeted cheerfully before plopping down on the seat beside him. Yue turned to face him and Kai asked, “How are you feeling?”

 

Yue stretched and smiled softly, “Better.”

 

“That's good,” Kai returned the smile and asked, “Remember we said we'd bring you around once you started feeling better?”

 

Yue nodded eagerly and Kai laughed, “Not right now though, I'm waiting for Kyungsoo.”

 

Yue nodded and asked, “Will I get to meet your other members?”

 

Kai's eyes widened slightly and his smile grew, “Of course! I'm sure they want to meet you too!”

 

Kai watched as the younger's smile grew and he began to chat animatedly about how excited he was and how he wanted to express his thanks for saving him and such. Kai listened, but his attention couldn't helped but be torn away by one thing that occasionally happened whenever Yue got too excited: his eyes flashed gold, like it reflected the scene of the rising sun.

 

*****

“I'll see you in a bit, we're going to do some quick maintenance before touring you around,” Kai said as he got up. He ruffled the kid's hair and Yue mumbled, “Fine.”

 

Kai left the room, closing the door behind him gently, his gaze barely skimmed over the man waiting across the hall and he asked softly, “Did you know?”

 

“And if I did?”

 

Kai looked up, eyes boring into his friend and he mumbled, “What do you know about it?”

 

“It's nothing, nothing but bad luck.” There was a pause and the boy got off the wall, about to walk off and Kai stopped him, “Tao.”

 

Tao stopped, his head turned just slightly, indicating that he was listening.

 

“Is he... does he really look like that boy? Your friend.”

 

Tao lowered his head, and softly whispered, “Yes... Yes. He does.”

 

Tao walked away, his shoulders drooping and Kai clenched his fist, knowing that he could do nothing for them: For those who were scarred by the past.

 

*~*~*~*~*

“Sehun-ah.”

 

No response.

 

“... Maknae Sehun!”

 

Still no response. The male calling the younger sighed loudly and shouted, “YAH! OH SEHUN!”

 

When there was still no response, the male heaved another sigh before climbing up the ladder of the bunk bed.

 

“Se-” the male started before stopping in a questioning tone, “-hun?” He looked around, his eyes narrowed and he mumbled, “Damn that boy. He skipped again?!”

 

“What's wrong Baek?”

 

“Yeol! Sehun disappeared again!”

 

“It's fine, Sehun's the best out of our lot anyways.”

 

Baekhyun opened his mouth, but then closed it and mumbled, “Biased.”

 

“I'm not!” Chanyeol laughed and said, “If Kris hyung acknowledges him, then it has to be true!”

 

“Sure, whatever.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes before walking out of the bedroom they all shared. Chanyeol chuckled as he followed after the shorter male, already knowing where the youngest has wandered off to.

 

-

 

“Luhan hyung!” Sehun called out as he stepped into Luhan's garden. He carefully weaved his way through the garden, making sure not to step on anything or cause damage, and he heard a faint “here” coming from somewhere and immediately Sehun ran off, following the direction of the voice to the best of his ability.

 

“You were looking for me?” Luhan asked as he stepped out onto the back porch. Sehun smiled and he said proudly, “You have to see this hyung!”

 

Sehun dragged the older male back inside the house and once they were inside Luhan's personal study room, he pulled out the soul stone that he had discovered, and to his delight, it was still the same as he last saw it. The stone was glowing a bright gold, but shimmering with a new color, that color being a sheen of silver, a faint reminiscent of the full moon. Luhan's eyes widened and Sehun said, “It was like this after I took it to practice with me the other day!”

 

“It changed colors, just slightly?”

 

Sehun nodded and he smiled, “Isn't it beautiful?”

 

As if embarrassed and shy of the compliment, the soul's shimmering died down slightly before stabilizing into a softer glow and Sehun's smile widened, “It makes me wonder if its sentient.”

 

“Well, we do call it a soul, so I'd like to think it is,” Luhan agreed, but he shook his head, “But it's too soon to say anything. I don't want to risk examining this one either. I don't want to damage it. Not this one at least.”

 

Sehun nodded and he said, “I wouldn't let you anyways.”

 

Luhan laughed and asked, “Have you visited him?”

 

“Who? Yue? The kid I saved?”

 

Luhan nodded and Sehun shook his head, “No, not yet. I haven't had a chance. I slipped away from practice today since I knew it was just accuracy testing and endurance training. Stuff that the hyungs need more than me.”

 

“You, Kyungsoo and Jongin are much better than the other three. Suho is...” Luhan trailed off and there was a forced grin on his face and Sehun patted the older's back and responded, “I know. Suho hyung, it makes me wonder why Kris put him in charge of my group.”

 

“He's old,” Luhan teased, causing the two of them to burst into laughter and Luhan asked, “Want to come with me to see Yue? He's been wanting to meet you, the person who saved his life.”

 

Sehun hesitated before nodding his head and Luhan smiled, “Let's go then.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

“Out of the way!”

 

“Hey, no visitors today! We're busy!”

 

“Luhan? Wait! It's Luhan, let him in!”

 

“Oh! Uh! Sorry sir! Right this way! Here, please stay in Yixing's personal lounge for now! We'll get someone to attend to you soon!”

 

“QUICKLY, HURRY UP.”

 

“YES, WE'RE COMING.”

 

Luhan and Sehun looked at each other in confusion and a haggard looking Kris stumbled into the room and Luhan asked, “What's going on?”

 

“It's Yue, he suddenly started screaming and thrashing about.”

 

“Out of no where?”

 

“Yeah, I heard them shouting that you and Sehun were here, so I thought maybe you could help,” Kris requested. Luhan nodded and said, “Sehun stay here.”

 

“But-”

 

“You haven't learned how to take care of people yet.”

 

Sehun sat down, pouting and Kris sighed, “It's okay Sehun, I'm not that great at helping people either.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Luhan rushed through the corridors, and the closer he got, the stronger those waves of pain and fear attacked him. Luhan pushed through them, ignoring all the chaos as he kept his own emotions in place, preventing them from being swayed from the outside influence. He walked into the room, Yixing was talking to Yue in soothing tones, but the boy still looked frightened, but what caught his attention wasn't just the fear alone, but the eyes; bright golden eyes.

 

“Luhan, if you could,” Yixing asked softly. Luhan nodded before extending his mental reach and locking the boy in a comfortable position on the bed. Yue's eyes frantically shot about, unable to focus and Yixing mumbled, “I'm not sure what happened, out of no where he just started screaming.”

 

“When did it start?”

 

“Like, maybe ten to fifteen minutes ago? I'm not sure what happened, but it's frightening, seeing Yue just completely break down like this,” Yixing paused and asked, “Do you feel anything unusual Luhan?”

 

“No,” the older responded and added, “Not yet.” There was a pause and Luhan whispered, “His eyes.”

 

“I know,” Yixing agreed, “But I don't know. I'm not sure. I...”

 

“I hope he's not like them, they... they said they were the last.”

 

“But we'll never know, we only destroyed what was in South Korea, who knows how many more are out there hyung.”

 

“Clovis only left South Korea once... and that was to kill off his father and all those who opposed him. Only those who are loyal or fearful of him are left,” Luhan said. They both paused and Luhan sighed, “But... there is always that unknown factor, those random variables that can throw everything out of stability.”

 

“The Primals.”

 

Luhan nodded and he walked closer to Yue, his eyes were now closed, his breathing slightly calmer than before, but still shallow, and the sweat on his forehead was visible. Luhan grabbed a towel, intending to wipe it off, but upon contact with the boy, even with the towel in between, he flinched back, dropping the towel on the floor and his eyes widened at the short momentary vision that flashed before him.

 

Yue was attacked.... by those cloaked figures, but why?

 

Author's Note:

Okay, forgive me for being MIA. I've had the worse writer's block, and then I was busy all throughout summer and - basically my life was a mess. ): I know I haven't updated in like forever, but I'm still trying and this story isn't dead. >< It'll just take me a lot longer than I Expected since my time management has gone from amazing to trash within the span of my first year in college.