Prologue

Memories [Discontinued]
"Jungkook, what are you doing?" Dongjun asked after they had been released from that alternate dimension. Akari was gone, missing, the only thing left was J. But even J seemed to be an empty shell, her "human" form barely moving, pulse almost unnoticeable, and her breath almost gone. Jungkook glanced around him, confused with what he had just done.
 
"I..." I don't know. Jungkook bit his bottom lip, looking around in confusion, doubt, but most of all, guilt and regret. When he had escaped, he had sworn to s, to the memories of his hyungs and noonas, that he would protect the world they were created to destroy. That he wouldn't tamper any more than he already did with the laws of nature.
 
Dongjun saw the conflict within the younger ones eyes and he heaved a sigh as he looked around. Everyone appeared lifeless, despite "winning" the war, this wasn't what they had asked for. He closed his eyes, memories flashed before him, almost as though they were mocking him, taunting him, building up the gnawing guilt that he wasn't able to save the one person he cared about the most.
 
But everyone was snapped out of their thoughts by a single crash through the walls. Their heads all turned, and horror and anger were drawn out across their faces and Dongjun growled, "Clovis."
 
A sinister smile grew on the man's face as familiar steel wings as they folded against his sides and he drawled, "Why hello there."
 
The entire group looked on in pure confusion as the man cracked his joints and V mumbled, "You're supposed to be dead..."
 
"'Supposed' is the key word, child." Clovis grinned sadistically and he asked, "Who created you?"
 
Dongjun, V, and Jungkook narrowed their eyes and Clovis shouted, "Me! I am the one who created you, who gave you life. Did you think that L, of all people, would be able to completely destroy me? Did you not think that I had foresaw a betrayal by one of you fools?"
 
Chen and Dongjun immediately took their respective stances, both ready to attack the man who started it all, but the man simply laughed them off.
 
"You think you can stop me?" he asked. His eyes glowed a bright green before all the men within the room were blasted to the opposite wall. Dongjun being the only one who minimized the damage as he barely negated part of the attack. Clovis narrowed his eyes at Dongjun, and the man suddenly felt himself pinned to the spot, unable to move and he mumbled, "You monster."
 
"I'm a king, not a monster," Clovis snapped, he looked around, observing the scene with a fond smile and he commented, "Look at yourselves, little ants thinking they can overthrow an emperor. Who do you think you are... hrm? You're nothing more than pathetic mistakes of the world, using power that you can't even properly tap into. Tell me something, won't you? What were you thinking? Trying to overthrow me? To reclaim this world for yourself? Did you really think it would work?"
 
They all tried to speak, but realized nothing came out, and Clovis laughed in their faces at their pathetic state and he exclaimed, "DO YOU SEE IT?"
 
His arm gestured to them all as he turned his back on them and continued, "THIS. THIS IS THE POWER OF A CONQUEROR, THE TRUE OWNER OF THIS WORLD." He glanced back, a smirk on his wretched face and he drawled, "You guys are merely pawns in this entire story. Pawns that led to my reign. With Akari gone and out of the picture, there is no threat left to counteract me. None, not a single one left. Dongjun may have the power of negation, but what can that do when it has a limit? All of you may carry potential, but you can never tap into it, unlike me."
 
Clovis cackled at the realization of their despair. Their one savior was gone forever, and only an empty shell was left in her stead. Despair filled the rest of them as they began to be washed over by Clovis' words, but one person disagreed.
 
It's not the end. Not yet. We can end him. Jungkook's eyes narrowed and he softly whispered, "You're wrong." Clovis stopped mid-cackle and turned his attention to the youngest; his eyes narrowing down on the new prey that had caught his attention. Jeon Jungkook... I don't remember much about this child. He wasn't that special anyways. After all, he was the last member placed into that ragtag group. Clovis glared at the child with detest and curiosity. If there is a threat, I must rid of it now before it develops, like Akari.
 
"Noona isn't dead." Jungkook mumbled, his eyes were tinted gold, much like Akari's once were. J's form radiated for a fleeting moment right before Jungkook's eyes fully turned gold and Dongjun mumbled, "No."
 
"Noona lives on, in me." Jungkook declared as he lunged forward, cleanly chopping off one of Clovis's wing without him being able to react on time. His face distorted into pain and anger and he cried out in anguish, "YOU FOOL!!!"
 
With one hand he stopped the bleeding from the wing as it simply healed to a stump, and with the other he grabbed Jungkook by the neck and forcefully tossed him onto the ground, pinning him there. While at the same time he manifested cages to prevent the others from helping.
 
Jungkook struggled in vain, knowing that he had yet to control the newly discovered power he had just gained access to and Clovis hissed, "So you think you can fight against me?"
 
"So you think you can win?" Clovis asked, his eyes were a bright red and he hissed, "Well then, blood legacy of Akari are you? We'll see how well you do when I use your own powers against you!"
 
Clovis's hand slowly rose as a form of dark energy began to form in his palm and Dongjun's eyes widened at the familiar aura.
 
"No..." Dongjun mumbled, he fought against the restrictions before barely being able to free one arm and Clovis shouted as the form came to its peak power, hand ready and aimed at Jungkook, "MAY YOU REST IN PIECES."