Chapter 4

Memories [Discontinued]

Chapter 4

 

The male stood in front of the former location of the factory, located at the heart of what was previously Seoul and looked down, staring intently at the metal plaque that read: 'Specials' 00-60-21-5991. He shook his head, and let out a heavy sigh before glancing up. The rain landed everywhere around him except for him and he extended his hand, letting a few drops touch him as he lowered the shield in that area alone, but pulled away as soon as he felt the cool moisture and pulled his hood over his face even more.

 

Noona. He sighed, I don't know what you wanted. I still don't understand. The hyungs and I are so confused... and Jungkook left along with you. What am I supposed to do? He stepped on the plaque, walking over it as he entered the ruins of the building, making his way through the familiar path that he once hated walking through after every mission. He was determined, he had to get to that location, that area where everything had began. Maybe... Maybe then I'll find an answer. And then – his thoughts were cut short as he heard it, the wind carried it to him, the sound of heavy footsteps and rapid breathing from another entity. Immediately everything in him tensed and he lowered his body, keeping to the ground as he attempted to pinpoint the source.

 

It's coming from... below? The male narrowed his eyes as he sprinted off, keeping his feet off the ground using his gift as he made his way through. The door to the area below ground was already haphazardly broken apart, and he narrowed his eyes. The lock to that door was broken years ago, anyone who has been here would know that. So why -

 

The roar of an explosion filled the air and the sounds of gun shots followed it. The booming continued and the boy felt the ground shake and he launched himself into the air: high enough to see, but not low enough for them to notice him. Whoever they were. The ground erupted as a small, black wolf-like creature escaped from the ground, being chased after by hooded figures. The “wolf” turned around, opened its mouth and another black blob emerged from its mouth, launching straight at the figures. They noticed too late as it hit one of them straight in the gut and created an explosion, catching the rest of them in it. The “wolf” panted slightly before turning on its heel and running off, escaping the area.

 

Shouts and orders to chase after it were heard and the male in the air hesitated, should he intervene, or should he not. He sighed and mumbled, “Hyung wouldn't be happy if I got caught though.”

 

The “wolf” had made it out of the ruins and into the clearing, and turned towards the sky, noticing the male with bright golden eyes and tilted its head in confusion before glancing back and disappearing into thin air. But before it had disappeared, the male felt a shiver go down his spine as he made eye contact with the creature. What.. What the heck are those things? They're everywhere now. He paused as he heard the cursing from the cloaked figures, and his thoughts were cut short upon hearing some familiar terms: “hide out,” “discovered,” “rebellions.”

 

The boy's eyes narrowed and he mumbled, “Not on my watch.” He lifted one arm up towards the sky before conjuring a miniature tornado and launched it towards the cloaked figures. The screams of terror and pain filled the air, but the boy's eyes went cold and he whispered, “May you rest in a peaceful slumber.”

 

The tornado subsided, and as the cloaks fell to the ground, only one held a body and immediately it was struck down by a blade of wind, slashing it into pieces and the male turned away without mercy or regrets. Well then, time to visit the hyungs.

 

*****

 

“You?” the man spat, “My worst nightmare?” He laughed crudely, “I think you have it backwards kid. I am your worst nightmare.”

 

The boy scratched the back of his neck and responded, “Not too sure about that, I mean, you seem pretty... fragile; if you ask me.”

 

The man growled before lunging forward, or at least, he attempted to. He couldn't move forward, let alone backwards or anywhere at all. In fact, none of the enemies were able to move from their spot. The man looked around, confused and shouted, “YOU. WHAT DID YOU DO?”

 

“Me?” the boy drawled, he smirked, “Why, I simply just put you in your place. Things like you don't deserve to move after all. You're much prettier dead.”

 

Sehun and the others moved perfectly fine, but they were also frozen in place by the aura from the new cloaked figure. The amount of energy and power, and that thirst for blood was oppressive and the boy grinned, “Do you know how long I've waited for a day like this?”

 

He looked around, and Sehun followed his gaze and his eyes widened, The enemy... They actually look scared.

 

“You,” the boy points at the man, “may not realize it. But they do, they recognize it. That I am what they were unable to become.”

 

The brainless pawns all shifted in place, wanting to escape but they couldn't. And one of them gargled slightly before disappearing, and one by one they each crumbled into dust, their cloaks falling to the ground and the man's eyes widened. The boy's fist was slowly tightening and the man finally realized it, but was unable to push it away. Whatever force had him in place was not releasing him any time soon.

 

“How does it feel? To be held at another's mercy, all the while knowing that they could easily kill you?” the boy asked in a low voice. Sehun and the others couldn't move, the army that they were just fighting against was suddenly reduced from a ridiculously large number to one person. And all of that was just from the appearance of one person.

 

The man felt the tightness increase as he struggled in place, and his feet left the floor as the boy lifted him slowly into the air.

 

“Wouldn't you like to see it?”

 

The man shook his head and the boy continued, “But it's so wonderful. That place called Death.”

 

His eyes flashed a bright blue and suddenly the man was thrown aside into the ground and his arms and legs were pinned to the ground, this time it was visible, the small vortexes that held him in place. He struggled, but upon movement he screamed in pain as the wind cut into his flesh and drew out blood. The boy's grin grew into a cruel smirk and he his lips slowly.

 

“Blood, beautiful blood,” he mumbled, “Isn't it just wonderful?” His voice came out slightly distorted and Sehun gasped, he recognized it, from the stories that Luhan had spoke of, but before he could recall the exact term, there was the sound of a blade cutting through the air, and he heard the sounds of gagging from his fellow comrades as they saw the body of the cloaked figure in perfectly cut pieces, carved by a blade of wind.

 

The boy stood there, his white cloak stained red and he mumbled, “You guys should leave.”

 

Suho opened his mouth, the first sound of the word “thank you” barely formed when he was cut off.

 

“And there's no need to thank me.”

 

Suho closed his mouth, he hadn't even began forming the words, but the boy had already heard him. The cloaked figure turned around, his eyes filled with sorrow and he asked, “You guys have been training for a day like this weren't you?”

 

None of them responded, but Sehun's eyes gave it away. The boy sighed, “This world isn't what you would expect.... No, the battlefield isn't something you can learn.” His gaze swept over all of them, and they all stood up a bit straighter and he said, “If you can't handle something as simple as this, you best train some more of just leave the front lines.”

 

Sehun looked at the boy and he blurted out, “Wind.”

 

The boy's eyes glimmered slightly and a soft smile played at his lips, “Yes. The same as you.”

 

Sehun blinked in confusion, How does he know? Before he could ask, the boy softly mumbled, “Get back safely, I should leave.”

 

Kyungsoo and Kai looked at the boy and before they could ask him to wait, a familiar voice rang out and asked, “You're leaving so soon without visiting?”

 

“Luhan hyung!” Sehun acknowledged. The cloaked figure visibly tensed at the voice and lowered his head, unable to face the older male. Everyone looked around in confusion and Luhan gave them a small smile, “You all worked hard, head back home and rest up for now.”

 

He dismissed them, but the Exo-K members refused to leave, knowing that their hyung knew this boy who just saved their lives. The cloaked figure mumbled, “I really should go.”

 

“What if we asked you to stay?”

 

“I can't.”

 

Luhan frowned and Sehun whispered, “Who is he hyung?”

 

The cloaked figure glared at Sehun and Luhan laughed, “They're bound to find out, you know?”

 

The figure shook his head, “I don't want them to. I'm not meant to stay with you guys.”

 

“You're not a monster.”

 

He flinched and he looked up, his brown eyes looked desperate and he almost shouted, “But look at what I've become! I don't know what it means to have mercy anymore! I don't know what it means to be human! I never was human to begin with!

 

“How would Akari feel if she heard you now?”

 

The boy's legs went weak and he collapsed to the floor and he softly repeated to himself, “She's gone. She's gone. She's gone.” His eyes were closed and tears slid down his cheeks and he punched the floor repeatedly. Those that watched could almost feel it, his remorse and his regrets, and the guilt that ate him from inside.

 

“I don't know what I'm supposed to do anymore Luhan hyung,” he whispered. The wind carried it over to the older male and he smiled softly, “You can always come back to us, we're family aren't we?”

 

He hesitated, his heart told him yes, but his brain said no. If he went back to them, he could endanger them all. He might not be able to control himself. Luhan noticed his hesitation and softly said, “I won't push anything onto you, but Taehyung-ah,” Taehyung's head snapped up at the sound of his name, two syllables he hasn't heard in who knows how long, “You'll always be family to us.”

 

V lowered his head and he mumbled, “I'm sorry.”

 

And with those two words as parting, he disappeared with the wind. Luhan sighed and his gaze lingered on the spot where the younger male once sat and he turned to s, “Let's go home.”

 

They nodded, although they were confused in what just happened. Sehun bit his lower lip, Who is he... and how does hyung know him?