Chapter 5

Memories [Discontinued]

“Wake up.”

 

No, not yet.

 

“C'mon, don't you think you've been sleeping for too long.”

 

When was the last time?

 

“I don't know, open your eyes.”

 

I can't.

 

“Is it that you can't... or that you don't want to?”

 

. . . I'm not sure. I don't think I can, nor do I want to.

 

“What are you running away from? Why are you running away?”

 

I- I don't remember.

 

“You don't remember, huh? That's strange, you of all people should.”

 

Am I supposed to?

 

“Yes. You are.”

 

Silence.

 

“You're not supposed to forget.”

 

But I don't remember. What was my name?

 

“I don't know. I never met you.”

 

Then why... why are you telling me to wake up?

 

“Someone is calling for you. It's not me, but they woke me up too. So I'm trying to wake you up.”

 

Tell me, what... what are you called? Your name.

 

“Me? I'm -”

 

There was a rapid intake of breath, so sharp that you could hear it in the still room and Yixing rushed over to the bed where the boy rested. The boy was sitting up right, one hand gripping the shirt over his heart tightly and the other gently resting over his head.

 

“A... dream?” the boy mumbled. He looked around, only to make eye contact with Yixing and he quickly stuttered, “W-Who are you?”

 

Yixing blinked once, twice, before a gentle smile played on his features, “I'm Yixing, the doctor here. How do you feel?”

 

How do I feel? The boy looked down at the white sheets around him, and he glanced up and mumbled, “I don't know.”

 

Yixing tilted his head and repeated, “You don't know?”

 

The boy shook his head and he mumbled, “I'm not sure... how I feel right now.” And I can't... remember? Is that the right term? Something is missing. As though... it was impor – the boy paused his thoughts, trying to think of the correct word and Yixing gently laughed, softly, and the boy looked up and he opened his mouth, wanting to ask, but Yixing cut him off gently, “It's okay if you're not sure. You've been asleep for quite a while.”

 

“How...” the boy paused again, fumbling over finding the right words, “How long?”

 

“I'd say a couple days, considering how tense your body is right now,” Yixing pointed out. The boy flexed, or attempted to, only to feel his already tight muscles strain and attempt to relax and Yixing asked, “What's your name?”

 

“My.. name?” he parroted. Yes, your name. It's that voice again! The boy's eyes fidgeted slightly as he glanced around quickly in search for the source of the other voice, the voice that woke him from his slumber. And Yixing tilted his head in confusion, “Do you not remember your name?”

 

The boy shook his head, “I... can't recall it.”

 

Yixing nodded and said, “Well, I can't call you 'the patient' forever, what should I call you for now?”

 

The boy contemplated it, the idea of a name and he mumbled, “I'm not sure.”

 

Yixing's smile faltered slightly. He's not Jungkook. He's not. No matter how similar they look, they aren't... this boy... doesn't have it, that energy. And plus... his eyes, they're silver. He quickly hid it though and said, “I guess for now, we can still refer to you as the Patient.”

 

The boy's brows furrowed as if he disliked it, and the voice appeared once more. Yang. The creases on his forehead deepened and he mumbled, “Wang?”

 

No, yang. Just. Yang. Y. A. N. G.

 

I can't pronounce that. The boy sighed, and thought again, I'm talking to an imaginary voice in my head. How wonderful.

 

There was a scoff and the boy looked up, Yixing wasn't facing him, but it definitely wasn't from the older male and the voice spoke again, Well then, if you don't like Ying. Then use Jook.

 

What kind of names do you give? Horrible ones? I can't pronounce any of these.

 

Well then, sorry for trying to remember your name when I never met you. Geez.

 

The boy sighed and Yixing turned around and reassuringly added, “It's okay if you don't remember your name. It's happened with a lot of our people, so rest assured, you'll be fine.”

 

“But I want to remember,” the boy softly replied. “It's important to have a name.”

 

“Yes, it is, isn't it?” Yixing said fondly. He could still remember the importance of their names, how much they cherished it. And Yixing turned to the boy, “How about Yue?”

 

“Yue?” the boy repeated.

 

Yixing nodded, “It means Moon in Chinese, and the scar on the back of your neck resembles a crescent moon.”

 

The boy turned around, as though he thought he could see the back of his neck and Yixing chuckled before grabbing two hand held mirrors, angling them properly and the boy blinked a couple of times, and mumbled, “It does look like one.”

 

“So how is it? It'll be your temporary name for now, Yue-sshi.”

 

“Yue,” the boy repeated, “It sounds nice.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“So he doesn't remember anything.” Yifan repeated. Yixing nodded his head. The boy, no, Yue was being filled in by Kai and Kyungsoo who had found him. Sehun would have joined too if he wasn't so busy filling in a report to Luhan on what happened and how everything had happened. Yifan sighed, “I guess we'll take care of him for now.”

 

“Unless you wanted to toss him out into the open.” Yixing teased. Yifan smiled briefly and said, “You know I wouldn't.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Luhan said he saw Taehyung.”

 

Yixing visibly froze temporarily and hesitantly asked, “Was he healthy?”

 

“Physically, he looked like he was. Mentally and emotionally...” Yifan trailed off. Taehyun's mental state was bad, really bad. Yixing nodded understandingly, “He and Dongjun lost almost everything important to them.”

 

“Dongjun is still unconscious isn't he?”

 

Yixing nodded, right before Clovis had landed the final blow on Jungkook, Dongjun had done something, what he did is still unknown, but whatever it was, it had caused an almost fatal injury to the male.

 

“J is still missing as well,” Yixing whispered, “But her pendant...”

 

“I know,” Yifan sighed, “I don't understand how that kid managed to find it. We spent days salvaging those ruins.”

 

Yixing sighed and mumbled, “Did Jungkook have a scar on the back of his neck?”

 

Yifan's eyes widened slightly before he shook his head, “No, I don't think he did. Why?”

 

“Yue has one, shaped like a crescent moon, except the moon opens downward.”

 

“Interesting. Is that why you named him that?”

 

Yixing sheepishly rubbed the back of his head and nodded, “Yeah. It is.”

 

“How befitting of a child found on the night of a full moon.” Yifan mumbled to himself, almost inaudible as he stared at the monitor that was their only view of the outside world. How befitting.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“Sehun.” Luhan repeated. Sehun continued to stare at his paper, his pen not moving, there was nothing left except to sign the report, but for some reason the latter was daydreaming.

 

“Oh Sehun.” Luhan repeated again, this time in a slightly louder tone. Sehun looked up and Luhan asked, “What's on your mind?”

 

“A lot of things. That kid... It's strange, when I first found him, he was bursting with energy. His potential was practically screaming to be released, but ever since he woke up...” Sehun shook his head, “I can't feel it anymore. It's as though it was just a momentary thing.”

 

“It bothers you doesn't it?”

 

Sehun nodded and he mumbled, “Kai says he can't remember anything.”

 

Luhan's eyes widened and he confirmed, “Nothing at all?”

 

Sehun shook his head, “Nope. Not a thing. Lay hyung named him Yue. Apparently he has a scar shaped like a moon on the back of his head.”

 

“How befitting,” Luhan mumbled as he glanced away from the younger male. Sehun sighed and he leaned back on his chair. He pushed the chair to its limits, if he had lost his balance, he'd fall and crash to the floor. Although that wouldn't happen, considering his powers.

 

“I wonder why,” Sehun mumbled as his eyes slowly closed. His thoughts wandered aimlessly and Luhan said, “We'll never know. Perhaps it's fate.”

 

Sehun launched himself forward on his chair, righting it back into proper position and he said, “You're not one for that kind of stuff hyung.”

 

“Not all the times, but sometimes,” Luhan chuckled. His gaze dropped to Sehun's pocket and he mumbled, “I'm still curious though.”

 

Sehun sighed, “Of course you noticed it, no one else did, but I knew you would. You always do.”

 

He pulled out the small pearl, and the glittering gold shimmered and danced within the orb and Luhan didn't touch it. He could feel the energy radiating from it and he mumbled, “It's a soul stone.”

 

“A soul stone?”
 

Luhan nodded and mumbled, “Ever since our first attempt at creating war... There have been these animal-like creatures that appeared, wielding powers that are similar to ours, but stronger by a significant extent.”

 

“The 'Primals'?” Sehun asked, the word rolling off his tongue hesitantly. It was a touchy topic, especially since it was new and no one has really ever seen one, let alone encountered one, but there have been reports of them. Often times in the forms of creatures that no longer existed on Earth today, canines and felines are common forms, but the occasional rare forms of birds and reptiles also were shined upon whenever they happened to pass the magnetic field that Chen had created in order to keep a constant patrol.

 

“How do these soul-stones form?” Sehun asked, genuinely curious. Luhan shook his head, “No clue. We've never seen them actually turn into one... although we do know the stones can be harnessed for great powers; much like the one you saw in that gun the enemy had today.”

 

Sehun grimaced and he sighed, “This world is f-”

 

“Language, Hun.”

 

“Messed up.”

 

Luhan gave him a small smile and Sehun laughed, “Really hyung?”

 

“Come on now.”

 

“Fine, fine. Only because I like you.”

 

“You should be nicer, I am your superior still.”

 

“Sir, yes sir!” Sehun mocked saluted and the two burst into laughter. Sehun stopped laughing first as he noticed the faint glowing from the pearl and Sehun smiled, “It's like it's laughing with us hyung.”

 

“It is a soul stone. Perhaps it understands.”

 

“Maybe,” Sehun repeated. He gently picked it up using the cloth he had wrapped it in and asked, “Could I keep it for now?”

 

Luhan nodded, “Yeah. Yifan doesn't know what to do with them. It's not our first time encountering a stone, but the first time we tried to figure out what it was, the light within it died out.”

 

“It never came back?”

 

Luhan shook his head and pulled out a small pouch before opening it, dropping a dull grey pearl onto his hand and he said, “Nothing.”

 

Sehun noticed the glowing on his faded away and on a whim he said, “It's okay little guy. I won't let your light shine out.”

 

Luhan smiled at the sight of the younger male talking to the soul-stone and Luhan looked at his sadly and mumbled, “If only we had known what you were before we had attempted anything. I'm sorry.”

 

Sehun smirked, “Talking to a stone hyung?”

 

Luhan laughed, “You started it first.”

 

Sehun stuck out his tongue and Luhan mumbled, “This brat.”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
EXO came back with Love Me Right! Although I'm too busy obsessing over Promise. >__< And I'm sorry for the slow updates. they'll come quickly soon! Once I finish school~ 8 DAYS LEFT.