Chapter 2

Memories [Discontinued]

Chapter 2

 

Kyungsoo.” Kai called out. He noticed the earth user was silent, even more so than usual and he sighed, “Kyungsoo hyung.”

 

Once again, no response, Kai sighed and said a bit more firmly, “Kyungsoo hyung.”

 

Kyungsoo snapped out of his thoughts and looked straight at Kai and tilted his head in confusion, or acknowledgment, it was hard to tell when his expression was always the same, but Kai continued, “What are we supposed to tell Kris hyung?”

 

Kyungsoo sighed, “I'm not quite sure. Everything is so strange. That kid... doesn't he seem... different?” It wasn't until after Kyungsoo pulled his power away, crumbling it into mere dust which vanished with Kyungsoo as he left the room, but regardless he felt it. That strange feeling of something or someone pulling his power back, as though they wanted to keep it. He shook his head and he asked, “Did you feel anything earlier?”

 

Kai shook his head, and said, “No, except for that familiar spike in energy. It was similar to that time Akari appeared.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded; he had felt it too, that abnormality in power spike. It didn't occur until the boy was finally resting in the nurse's room that they felt it. And it took both of them by surprise, although Yixing seemed more adjusted to the spike and showed no signs of surprise or weakness.

 

That kid.. he's different. I can feel it.” Kyungsoo stated firmly. By the time he confirmed his feelings, they had already arrived at Kris' housing area, Kai pressed the button, ringing the doorbell and Kris' face appeared on the screen and he blinked a couple times before saying, “Oh. Kai. D.O. Come in.”

 

As they made their way through his housing complex, Kai came to notice that their leader (of sorts), had once again gone through renovation in his garden. What was once pure stone has now become filled with flowers and small bonsais. Kris was tending to a bonsai tree when they finally found him and he said, “Go wait inside, I'll be in shortly.”

 

*****

“So,” Kris said as they all got situated and he had managed to make tea, “What's the occasion?”

 

Kai saw it, that knowing twinkle in his eyes and Kyungsoo said, “We found someone... when we were sent up.”

 

Kris raised an eyebrow and he asked, “What's their condition?”

 

Injured. Bleeding. And near death.” Kai informed. They reported everything in detail, from the beginning, how Sehun had wandered off to how they found him. Kris' brow furrowed and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

 

Okay.”

 

The two glanced at each other at the leader's response and he said, “Take me to him.”

 

*****

Yixing worked diligently. Wounds are treated and wrapped up nicely. Cast on the knee and arm are made. Healed up a majority of the superficial cuts... And his pulse seems to have returned to normal, although his breathing is still slightly ragged. And then there's also –

 

Lay.”

 

Yixing looked up and blinked twice before greeting Kris, “Oh. Kris. Did you come to check on this one as well?”

 

Kai and Kyungsoo peeked in from behind the door and Yixing sent them a small smile, indicating they were welcomed in and the two joined them in the room. Kris looked him over and blinked, “His wounds.”

 

Yixing shook his head and said, “I'm not sure how he got them either.”

 

Kris scanned the damage on the kid and shook his head, “We won't know until he wakes up. Where's Sehun?”

 

They're not back yet.” Kai responded. Kyungsoo nodded and he looked at the badge on his left arm, the other four still weren't back and he frowned, “They should be by now.”

 

Kai opened his mouth to respond, only to be cut off.

 

Kris hyung!” another male arrived at the doorway, and his appearance caused all four in the room to grow alert. He was out of breath and their was anxiety practically radiating off of him.

 

Speak.”

 

The male nodded and managed in between breaths, “Suho's group. They were ambushed.”