Chapter 4

Immense Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 4

        The next morning Victoria awakes early with an undying thirst. She sits up next to her night stand and with her eyes still closed she feels around for a glass of water that Blanca always leaves on her night stand, but finds nothing. She then opens one of her eyes and begins to stumble toward her door. She opens the door without minding her appearance and stumbles downstairs to the kitchen for her glass of water. She swings open the door and finds Blanca and some maids preparing breakfast; the maids look upon her semblance and are shocked.

“Oh my goodness, Tori you look terrible.”

Comments one of the younger maids, another also comments.

“Child it seems like you cried, I bet those where tears of joy for your brother’s graduation.”

Victoria quickly checks her semblance in one of the pots and becomes frightened too.

“Good lord I look horrible, sorry ladies I didn’t even wash up before coming down it is just that I was so thirsty.”

Blanca pours her a large glass of water and sets it in front of her.

“Here you go sweetheart, and no need to apologize since this is your home and we have seen worst and should know not to comment about the family we work for especially to their face.”

Blanca turns away from Tori and gives the rest of the maids a snobbish expression, making them return to their duties. Victoria drinks her glass of water.

“Thanks Blanca I really needed that, alright I must hurry back up to wash up before anyone else wakes up and runs the risk of being frightened by me.”

Some the maids chuckle at her comment as she exits the kitchen. She goes upstairs quickly with her gaze down until she gets to the last step of the stairs and sees someone with track shoes standing at the top of the stairs. She doesn’t raise her gaze to notice who is standing there; she just assumes it is Jaqson.

“Sorry bro, but I won’t frighten you with my horrible semblance this morning let’s just meet at breakfast in a short while.”

She scurries to her room without looking back. Back at the top of the stairs Tae Woong stands there still a bit confused by her action and can’t help and chuckle a bit by it too. He thinks to himself.

“So that angel that got attacked by those girls last night is the daughter of Mr. Westmore. Poor girl how can her family not know that she gets bullied like that.”

He heads downstairs and begins heading toward the kitchen door when the door swings open. Blanca exits with a couple of plates in hand.

“Good morning Tae Woong, breakfast will be served shortly if you would like to wait in the dining room.”

“Umm actually Blanca, I was wondering if there are any parks nearby I wanted to take a jog this morning?"  "

Yes there is one just go right from the front door one block then go left two blocks and you should see it in the corner.”

“Alright thank you Blanca I will be back in a bit.”

“Just don’t strain yourself too much, have a nice jog.”

He bows as he leaves and she just can’t help and feel a bit strange by his action again. She begins setting the table and then heads back into the kitchen to help finish breakfast. As Tae Woong exits the front door he puts on his earphones and heads the direction Blanca indicated jogging lightly. By the time he approaches the park his music stops and he notices his cellphone ringing. He presses a microphone that is attached to his earphones and answers.

“Hello?”

“Good morning Oppa, it has already been a day since you left me and I miss you so much already.”

“Hi Eun Mia, I am surprised you waited this long to get in contact and I thought you loved a little more than that, I guess your confession at the airport was just a last attempt to keep me in Korea.”

“Oppa! How can you say that, I tried calling earlier but you didn’t answer but then I am sure you can sleep without hearing my voice before going to bed but I sure can’t?”

“Oh so are you confessing that all those late night calls you made to me about random math problems where just an excuse to hear my voice before going to bed?”

“At first, I did need help.”

He chuckles and she does too.

“Oh goodness I miss you kid, and I my family also it is so different here. The family I’m living with has such a nice big home almost like you’re home. I have only met the father of the family and he seems like a great man just like you’re father had mentioned.”

“Oh really that is nice, just before you left I heard father mentioned that Mr. Westmore has two children a son and a daughter. Have you met them?”

She sounds a bit nervous as she asks her question which he picks up on quickly and smiles.

“No I haven’t met them yet or his wife, that is because last night that I arrived they were celebrating their son’s graduation from high school and had a big party for him.”

Eun Mi sighs with a bit of relief.

“Although Mr. Westmore did mention that his daughter is quite a beauty.”

He hears her go silent and he manages to hold back his laughter for a bit.

“HahaHaha.”

“Aish Oppa! Why are you laughing when I feel so helpless having you so far from me?”

She then begins to sound a bit upset and he stops laughing

“Come on kid don’t get upset I was just teasing you, remember what I said in the airport I also like you and I give you my word that my feelings won’t change.”

She can’t help cheer up and squeal into the phone.

“Oppa I can’t believe it you said you like me. I pray that these four years go by at the speed of light.”

“I also hope they do and remember I never go back on my word so try not to get upset and whenever you miss me just give me a call and I will answer.”

“Alright Oppa.”

“Now go to sleep unless you want resemble a panda in the morning.”

“No Way! Alright Oppa good morning.”

“Good Night Eun Mia.”

He hangs up and notices the time.

“Oh man she took up my time, I guess I can come by later or tomorrow now I better hurry back before they all awake for breakfast and notice my absence.”

He jogs back to the house.

 

          Blanca heads up to the second floor to announce that breakfast is ready. She first enters Victoria’s room and finds Tori’s costume lay on the bed. She begins examine the torn area’s when Victoria exits her bathroom dressed in some jeans and t-shirt.

“Hey Blanca I was finishing up here.”

She then notices her looking at the dress.

“I’m sorry Blanca I just had a mishap out back last night.”

“What kind of mishap exactly? Because this seems like wolves attacked you and the last time I checked we didn’t leave a pack of wolves in the backyard.”

She says sarcastically, Victoria evades her seeking words and just grabs ahold of her arm.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter