Chapter 1

Immense Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 1

A black town car arrives in front of the Westmore residence.

“Miss Victoria, we have arrived.”

Victoria raises her gaze form her cellphone a bit spaced out, but quickly rummages through her school bag and gets super excited when she finds a somewhat wrinkled paper. She quickly stuffs her things back into her bag and dashes out of the car; she burst into the front door and just drops her things on the entrance.

“BLANCA, BLANCA, BLANCA.”

She searches the living room, dining room, and finally approaches the kitchen still yelling.

“What? What? Tori I’m here why are you being so vocal today my princess.”

She stands before her panting heavily and seems to be wheezing a bit, but manages to give her an eager smile and hands the wrinkled paper. Blanca gives her a questioning expression.

“Let’s see how you did this quarter?”

Blanca analyzes the report card and her expression becomes elated.

“Wow mija, you exceeded my expectations this last quarter; these grades are fantastic.”

“I know right, so where is my reward.”

“Oh right, it is in the refrigerator behind the orange juice.”

Victoria darts to the refrigerator with eagerness and quickly retrieves a medium sized container, she opens the lid and her eyes widen with happiness.

“BROWNIES”

She whispers before she manages to fill a whole piece into . She begins to try and eat another when Blanca interrupts her.

“Tori mija, slow down and pour you some milk before you choke.”

Victoria looks over at Blanca and gives her a brownie smile, this makes Blanca and the other maids in the kitchen laugh a bit. Victoria sets the brownies down on the counter and heads to the cupboard for a cup. She pours her a glass of milk and proceeds to eat her brownies. By the time she is about to eat her last brownie. They hear a loud yell coming from the front door.

“VICTORIA LONDON WESTMORE, Come here this instant!”

Victoria’s eyes widen in fear and looks over at Blanca who gives her concerned expression.

“Tori did you leave your school bag in the entrance again?”

“Yes.”

She says very shyly while hanging her head down. She makes her way out of the kitchen but quickly shoves her last brownie into her pocket.

“I have a feeling I might need this later.”

Blanca and the maids chuckle a bit, when one of the maids looks over at Blanca with a bothered expression.

“I wonder what she will do to Miss Tori this time.”

Blanca becomes filled with worry and takes her apron off and heads toward the door when she feels a tug on her arm.

“Don’t Blanca; Mrs. Vivian is just looking for an excuse to fire you. I know that Tori is like your daughter but remember Tori is hers.”

Blanca can’t help give her “go to hell look,” she quickly lets her arm free and heads to the door.

“Fine go ahead and get fired, but the next time Tori gets in trouble with Mrs. Vivian you won’t be here to console her.”

Just then Blanca’s mind flashes an image of Tori crying and no one to console her; this makes her head back to the counter and put her apron on. She resumes her cooking but a feeling of helplessness overcomes her and tears of anger begin to roll down her face.

         

          Victoria is standing in front of her mother with her gaze to the floor. While Vivian yells at her about tripping over her school bag.

“Victoria aside from being fat, you are also a slob. Every day you seem to amaze me in what a disappointment you have become. ”

Her words slice her feelings like sharp razor blades to the body. She proceeds to pick up her bag from the floor when Vivian steps on her hand and gives her a wicked smile. Victoria rubs her hand that is red and in the center of her red spot an old round scar begins to throb a bit.

“After you put that up, come into the study to receive your punishment.”

Just as Victoria hears the word study, a chilly feeling runs down her spine making her body shudder, her mind begins to race and as she puts her bag in the closet by the door when she turns to head toward the study she express horror.

“Oh no, not the study I can’t go in there again. I don’t think I will survive that cruel punishment.”

Just as her hand is at the study’s doorknob she begins to sweat and hyperventilate that she tries to begin to walk away when the door opens. Vivian gives her a piercing stare and very sternly says.

“Where do you think you are going? This is the only way you will learn.”

She gets a good grip of Victoria’s wrist and twists it so she can be more cooperative. At this point Victoria has become pale as a sheet of paper and is weeping hysterically. The come to a small door along the wall of the study. Vivian opens the door that leads to what seems a small empty closet.

“Get in!”

Victoria is now on her knees because of the pain of her wrist she looks up to her mother and begins to beg.

“I’m sorry mommy, please, please, please. Don’t make me go in there.” “Mommy please, I….I will let you beat me until you can’t anymore; just don’t make me go in there.”

Vivian begins to caress her hair a bit and then grips a handful to pull her head a bit back she then lowers her herself to whisper into her daughter’s ear.

“Now why on earth would I do a stupid think like that?”

She then grips her daughter’s arms and pushes her in with all her might. Victoria is thrown back halfway into the closet with her legs still a bit out of the door. Vivian stands and begins to kick her until she is completely in. She locks the door and ignores Victoria’s agonizing cries. She exits the study when she spots Blanca in the foyer.

“Blanca now you know tonight after Jaqson’s graduation I want everything ready to go for his surprise party.” “Did you pick up my dress from the cleaners?”

Blanca is so concentrated on Tori’s cries that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter