Eight

Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SUBSTITUTE 8

 

"Seohyun..." Luhan muttered softly with surprised and shock in his eyes. He hoped that Minho wouldn't hear what he just said but luck wasn't on his side. Great.

"Do you guys know each other?" Minho suddenly asked, completely oblivious by the awkward tense between Seohyun and Luhan.

"Ermm... ermm...." Luhan stuttered, not knowing what to say as Seohyun took that chance on explaining.

"He's my brother in-law." Seohyun said as a matter of fact, making Luhan stared at her. He wondered why would she said that? But then, that was the truth isn't it? He is her brother in-law. He's married to Yoona, Seohyun's older sister. So what the hell is wrong when she was saying the honest truth? Did he want her to answered differently? He didn't, did he?

Minho was startled by that revelation, that Seohyun and Luhan could see. "What? Wow..." That is all Minho could muster. Even the chatterbox-Minho were taken aback.

"Yeah..." She said shyly.

Three of them were at loss of words as sometimes they shifted gazes at each other, feeling awkward. Thankfully their silence were interrupted by the voice of the MC telling them to be seated. All of them were jolted back and rushed to take a seat as to not disturbing the event. Plus, the word 'awkward' was an understatement to describe their situation.

"So.... how come I never know you have a sister in-law, hyung?" Minho turned to his left where Luhan was seated while Seohyun sat on the other.

Luhan was a bit startled at Minho's sudden question but he remain calm as he answered, "Well you've never asked and I didn't have the opportunity to mention it."

"Ahhh... you're right. My bad. If I knew you have Seohyun as a sister in-law, I could have met her sooner." Minho's statement send jolts to Luhan who were now looking at him curiously. He didn't know why, but he didn't like the last sentence. It was if Minho was implying something.

"I didn't know you were friends though." Luhan steal a glance at Seohyun who sat still, uncaring to Luhan and Minho's conversation eventhough it related to her.

"We're sort of friends in high school. Seohyun was a shy girl but warm to the ones whom she called as friends. I bugged her a lot you know?" Minho chuckled. "I sat beside her, but she wouldn't even talk to me except for a few greetings, though, that was also rare. So I annoyed her until she gave up and talked to me. Since then we're friends. Not that we were so close like bestie for life."

Luhan looked at Minho who smiled goofily at Seohyun. He also could noticed her smile in return which make his heart unsettled. With what he didn't know.

"But then, we grew apart after high school and I no longer heard of her news. It was as if she's disappear. None of her friends and mine were in touch with her. We never knew what she's doing. That was until now." Minho continued.

-

The rest of the events ends smoothly as the guests started to lessen. Seohyun played with her fingers. She forgot that she came here with the van but since her workers went back with it, she has no way to go back. Should she asked Minho to send her home? Since he was the one who urged her to stay. Or should she asked Luhan?

Her gaze suddenly shifted, searching for Luhan. She spent the night talking as less as possible to Luhan but her eyes did shifted to his once a while. It couldn't be helped as there were something that attracts her vision to him. She then noticed Luhan were looking at her too as their gaze interlocked with each other. But she started to panic when Luhan moved in her direction.

"You aren't going back yet?" Said Luhan as he stopped just a few feet in front of her.

"Erm.... I didn't know... I mean, I came here with my workers, but Minho asked me to stay and I let the others went back so... I think I'll just wait for the taxi."

Luhan seems to think for a second before he asked Seohyun nervously, "If you don't mind, I could drop you back home?"

Seohyun's eyes widened as she figured out what she supposed to say. "I don't want to burden you, I could just asked Minho or going back with the taxi, you know?"

"You would never be a burden to me!" Suddenly his voice raised a bit as Seohyun were startled by his outbursts. "I'm sorry. What I meant is that you're my sister in-law, you're delicate as you are pregnant with my child. I have never thought of you as a burden or anything. I should be taking care of you."

Seohyun didn't know what to say. What was she supposed to say after that? He looked so troubled by what she said and she felt guilty for making him feel like that. What is wrong with letting him send her  back? She thought. But before she could say anything Minho interrupted her.

"Hyun... are you ready?" Prob

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter