Six

Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SUBSTITUTE 6

 

Luhan saw his watch to see it was already 2.00 pm. He remembered that his wife, Yoona told him that she wanted to come and have lunch with him after her short visit to Seohyun's workplace but she was nowhere to be seen. He has called her countless of time but it was left unanswered. Is something happened to  Yoona? What if she suddenly feels sick out of nowhere with no one to help her?

Should he call Seohyun? Since Yoona was supposed to see her. Maybe he should. He started to find Seohyun's number on his phone but hesitation stopped him. Should he called her? What was he supposed to say? He has not call her even once, moreover seeing her after they arrived at the airport. He could still remember the conversation they had and the way he screwed it with his nonsense ramblings.

And also the way he felt when he saw Seohyun walked away from him when Yoona hugged him. He couldn't denied that he missed Yoona so much but neither could he denied he felt something when Seohyun walked away. A 'something' that he could not describe. Sadness? Happiness? Disappointment? Anger? No. It was not that. In fact he didn't even know.

Remembering that day and that moment, he was so close on calling her name, wanting her to stop but he stopped himself. There he was with his wife in his embrace but his heart wanted to call someone else's name. How crazy is that?

And don't start with the talk they had. He really wanted to knock himself off after he was back at his home. It was so awkward that it regretted him to talk like that to her. What she must think about him? She must have think that he was using her as if the time they spent was nothing to him.

No. It did made him feel something. To be honest, He was... scared.

He was scared of his feelings. He has became more and more  comfortable with her that when everytime he woke up beside her, he felt refreshed and happy. He has been letting himself doing that until the very last day that he realized that it was just a short dream. Everything must come to an end. He was going back home in Seoul, seeing his wife, living with his wife instead of Seohyun. He was not going to see her smiling at him the minute he woke up or him snuggling her when they sleep.

All of it was just a dream. A short dream of reality.

That's why he distancing himself from her when deep down all he wanted is to hold her and not letting go of that dream. The things she makes him feels scared him so much. Even the talk they had, it was more of convincing himself not to be too attached to her  rather than her with him.

He couldn't deny that he missed her. Her smiles, her angelic face, her bright eyes, her cute nose, her kissable lips, her everything. He gulped. God! He really am going to be crazy! He shouldn't be thinking of other woman besides his wife. Moreover his sister in-law at that too. He ruffled his hair.

Yoona! He must be thinking of Yoona. Where the hell is she? He made up his mind and called Seohyun just to know where his wife is. Not because he wanted to hear her soft voice. No. Definitely not because of that. He convinced himself.

Damn. Why wouldn't she picked up her phone? He groaned frustratingly after Seohyun's too was left unanswered.Suddenly his phone's ringing and quickly picking it up, not bothering to know who's calling.

"Hello?" "Hello? Luhan?!" A frantic voice was heard on the other side of the line, immediately Luhan knew it was Yoona's.

"Yoona! Where have you been? Don't you kn-.." Before he could speak anything futher, she cut through him.

"Luhan... You've got to be here.. Seohyun is... S-Seohyun.."

Panic rose within him the instant  Yoona mentioned Seohyun's name."Wha-What happened to Seohyun? Yoona!" The only thing he could hear was her sniffs so he asked again, "Yoona! Tell me what happened to Seohyun?!" He couldn't helped himself as his voice began to raise a bit.

"Sh-She fainted. I came to see her but all of a sudden she fainted. We're at the hospital... Luhan.. I don't know what to do..."

Fainted.

Hospital.

Those words kept ringing in his ears. His heart beats fast but he knew that it was because he was in panicked.

"Please.... can you come here? I'm scared. No one would tell me anything..." She pleaded.

He gulped nervously. "Okay. I'm coming. Which hospital are you at right now?" Yoona then proceeded on telling him the name of the hospital before he ended the call.

Luhan then rushed out of his office after informing his secretary that he has to leave for an emergency and canceled whatever meetings he had for the rest of the day. Even if he came back to work, he was so sure that he wouldn't be able to focus. He then walked fast towards his car and drove straight to the hospital. His left hand clenched so tight, he was hoping.. just hoping that Seohyun was fine.

Please... just let her be fine...

-

It took him 10 minutes to arrive at the hospital. Once he entered the entrance, he rushed towards the emergency room where Yoona told him earlier. His heartbeats were in-sync with every steps he take, if not faster.

"Luhan!" He saw Yoona called him. Worries were evidently shown on her face, in her eyes. He walked faster, when he reached her, she hugged him, which he gladly returned the favor. He too needed support because to be honest, he was dead worried about Seohyun.

"How is she? Is she okay? Did anyone told anything about her?" He rapidly questioned his wife after he drew back from the hug.

Yoona shook her head. "No. Not yet. I did asked the nurse but she said to wait for the doctor in charge. Luhan... I'm afraid. I didn't know if she's awake or not."

Luhan grasped her shoulders and put some pressure on his grips and reassure her, "It's fine. I'm sure she's fine." No one knows how much he wants her to be just fine.

Suddenly a nur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter