Seven

Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SUBSTITUTE 7

 

2 months later

"No. It has to be the one from before. I don't like this one. Can't you just stick to that? I don't get why would you try to fix something that is already perfect? This colour of the flowers doesn't match their themes. I thought I already briefed to you about that? I want you to re-do it again!" Seoyun's tone were slightly on edge as she stared at the piece before her.

They have to send 18 flower pieces for a celebration of a wedding anniversary later. Their themes was red and white so she has given a briefing to her workers that they have to stick with those colours of scheme so that it won't clashed with anything. And they had agreed for the piece that one of her workers made before, so she has not a clue why her worker wanted to change it with this one. It's better be safe than sorry.

"Do you understand me?" She asked for her understanding. "Yes, Seohyun unnie... I-I'm sorry for troubling you. I'll re-do it again." Her worker, Minnie answered timidly. It's the first time she has ever had been scolded by her boss. Usually Seohyun was a full of patience and eventhough she made mistakes like this Seohyun would said it nicely. Seeing her boss like this, couldn't helped but make her a bit frightened.

"Good. Go on with your work. And, I'm sorry too, I just wasn't in the mood."

After seeing Minnie left, Seohyun heaved a deep sigh. Lately she has not been herself. She always lose her temper and cries for no good reason. But then she was pregnant, her hormones were unstable plus, morning sickness drained her energy and that reflected on her mood. She can be angry for a minute then happy in another.

"Wooo~ Quite a temper you had there, noona." Jong In interrupted her.

She looked at him and seeing him smile teasingly, lighten her damp mood. "I know. Blame it on the pregnancy hormones." She sighed.

All of her workers has known about her being pregnant by now. She has gathered them one day and revealed her news. They all knew her willingness being a surrogate mother to her sister and that they have been trying for months without disclosing any details. They were shocked at first, it is a normal reaction for a normal people but then they congratulated her and send their best regards to her sister.

The only one thing that they would never know is that, the baby wasn't Yoona's and Luhan but Luhan's and her's. They didn't know about Yoona's ailment so they were under a belief that it was Yoona's. And that was fine by her. She didn't intended on lying. She just opted on not telling them. 

Jong In cringed as a response. "I don't want to know anything about that. Ewww~ I'm a young guy for God's sake." He said with a distaste making Seohyun chuckled.

"Sorry. I forgot you were allergic to this 'hormones topic'."

"You bet that right. Anyway, when are you going to your doctor's appointment?"

"Tomorrow at 2.00 pm. Why?" She frowned at Jong In sudden question.

"Nothing. Just asking so that I could tell the others."

"Okay." She shrugged.

-

She viewed the hall as her workers putting the flower arrangements on the white-red-cloth tables and other places too as she wanted to make it perfect. As she began to turn, Seohyun collided with a hard body. "Ommfff..."

"Sorry... I'm sorry." The stranger apologized as his hands grasped Seohyun's arms to not letting her fall. She hasn't seen his face but by the strength of the hands and his gruff voice, she could concluded that it was a man that she stumbled with.

"It's okay..." As she looked up to see the stranger, she barely repressed a gasp as she recognized the person in front of her. "Minho?"

Minho's eyes widened in recognization before he said her name, "Seohyun?". Minho released her from his grasp, letting her to stand on her own. "Oh my God, how long has it been since I met you?" He said with a smile.

Seohyun just smile shyly. Minho is-was one of her friends/classmates back in high school. She hasn't seen him since graduation day and they lost contact after that. Since she hadn't have a lot of friends as she was one of the shy-introverted-silent type, she felt like she didn't need to keep in touch with everyone. Not that she was close to any of them anyway. So seeing him right now, surprised her.

"-you doing here? Seohyun? Can you hear me?" Minho waved his hand in front of her face to catch her attention as she zoned out.

"Uhhh... what? I'm sorry." She apologized sheepishly as Minho chuckles. Her face beginning to feel warm from embarrassment. "What did you say before?"

"Still the same old Seohyun..." He said after his chuckles ended. Seohyun was sure her face was red by now. "What I asked you before is, what are you doing here?"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter