Four

Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SUBSTITUTE 4

 

Seohyun wandered off, viewing the sunset at the beach. Today is her birthday and Luhan was nowhere to be seen after he left her earlier. She sat alone, taking her time as she has nothing else to do. Boredom kept chasing her even though she was trying hard not to be bored. She wish that she could enjoying her time, walking through the villages, seeing the people. But she wasn't brave enough to go alone.

How she wish Luhan could accompany her. To ease the boredom that she's beginning to feel in the second day she was here. It's only the second day of her holiday and she was already getting bored, plus, her ultimate mission of being here is still getting nowhere. She sighed.

Seeing the day is getting more dark, she decides on getting back to her room. On the way back, her mind jumbling around with the thought of undefinite answers. She was so lost in her thoughts that when she reached the door, wanting to open it, the door was opened from inside. She was startled to see Luhan which she guess is the same if by his expression that showed on his face.

"Seohyun...!" Luhan said, a bit surprised. He wanted to go and find her since it's already dark, he was afraid if something happened to her. But he was surprised to see the person itself were in front of him now.

She waited calmly for him to step back, so that she could entered the room, but can't. His figure owned the space and she couldn't enter unless she forced herself through him which she wouldn't do. She cleared . Gaining his attention, she pointed to herself before pointing towards the room. Indicating that she wanted to go inside.

When Luhan finally understood the gestures, he gasped before retreating for her to enter. After she did, he closed the door and turned to face her. "Ermm..." Seohyun who sat on the bed looked at fidgeting  Luhan. "I have ordered dinner. You don't mind eating here?"

"Oh.. I don't mind." Seohyun saw Luhan's relaxed. She doesn't mind eating here in the room or somewhere else. Sure she was taken aback by what he said, but like what she said earlier, she don't mind.

"Good. I guess the room services will be around 30 minutes or more. So I think it'll be better if you freshen up for the time being."

"Uhh... okay. I-I'll go." She stuttered. Going to the bathroom after she has taken all the things she needed, she didn't know why her heart beating loudly. He just asked her to shower, so why her heart is acting like this?

Luhan released a deep breath after seeing Seohyun went to the bathroom. To be honest he's a bit nervous. Not that it's a bad thing because it is not. He was anticipating for later. He decided that it might be best to dine here instead of at the restaurant so that they could have the privacy he needed.

Plus, the gift that he bought, he really didn't want to give her that with so many eyes aroumd them. He still wasn't sure if she would like on what he bought so his ego might taken a blow if she didn't like it while they're in public. Yes, he made a good decision to do this.

 

---

 

Seohyun looked at her reflection on the mrror in the bathroom after she has done showering and dressed.She wore a red spaghetti knee-length dress, hair cascaded at her back, but one thing she noticed that her face is a bit pale. Decided on putting some make-up, pink blusher for a bit colours on her cheek,slight mascara on her lashes, and ended with pale red lipstick.

Obviously she didn't know why she was putting her make-up but it's a dinner afterall, so she just shrugged over it. When she was ready to opened the bathroom, she took a deep breath first. Once outside, she walked a bit to see where Luhan is. She gasped. Because what she saw really surprised her.

Right there in the balcony, the table has been set up with white tablecloth, the utensils, the others things. Not to mention, there's a candle lit up on the middle of the table. It's a candlelight dinner, when she realized her heart begins it unusual rhythm.

"Surprise!" There she saw Luhan who smiling widely walked into the view. She guessed that he might be hiding or probably he was distracted.

"Wow...  T-Th-This is just...."  She didn't know what to say except... "Thank you..." She said softly.

Luhan's expression seems to beam at what she said. How he couldn't though? She said her thanks so soft and it was so meaningful that it melted his now  erratic heart. "You're mostly welcome. This is nothing by the way." He said sheepishly causing Seohyun to grin.

"Anyway, come..." He hold out his hand to her, causing Seohyun to step further and hold his hand. He then, tucked her arm linking her's with his, pulled his hand back as he stepped back to help her getting into her seat.

Eventhough the distance was short, eventhough their arms linking was  barely a minute, but the effect that she felt was making her heart thud so loud. Her arms felt warm, tingling and she still feel that even after he pulled his hand away. Unconsciously she rubbed her arms, as if to make it disappear.

Luhan then pushed the trolley that contains their dinner, stopped, carried the plate to her side of the table and his too. "I hope you won't some champagne?" He hold the champagne bottle, upon seeing her held out her glass, he poured it to her. Once seated, he in turn held out his glass for a toast. "For a new beginning?" He asked her, none too sure.

A 'clink' sound was heard by their glasses. "For a new beginning." Seohyun said softly and both of them drink a sip.

 

The food was delicious as expected, the time they spent on that was occasionally added with a few of small talks to break the unavoidable silence. But Seohyun admits that the small talks that had was interesting enough, plus it made her laugh too.

"So why are you agreeing to your sister's wish?" Luhan asked Seohyun. He was actually curious about why she would agree to this. Eventhough she had told her she had to do this, she willingly doing this, she owed her sister and this is the only way she had to repay Yoona.

But, he still wondered, didn't she feel anything despite her talks of repayment and so on? Didn't she feel reluctant to do this?

Seohyun stared at him, taken aback by his question. She wasn't expecting that, seriously. Suddenly, the atmosphere feels tense. "I've already told you. She's my sister and I owed her a lot." Her fingers moved  along the rim of her glass.

"Yes. But didn't you feel anything? Regrets? Reluctance?" He stopped a second before saying, "You can tell me you know. I would like to hear the truth."

"W-Why are you asking me this? Do you want me to back out?" "I-I don't even know what I want Hyun... True. I want the baby but I don't want to put you in a situation like this. I'm torn..." He said gravely.

"It doesn't matter what I want Luhan. It's all about Yoona. I'm willingly doing this for her. Are you?" Unconsciously she moved her right hand and covered his left hand that re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter