Twelve

Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SUBSTITUTE 12

 

Great. Just great. What she feared of have been said. Now, what was she supposed to say? Even her brain wouldn't even cooperate with her. Seeing his full of hope filled in his eyes, made her guilty. Guilty of her feelings. She hadn't even thought of him being more than what he is right now. A friend. One that becoming more like her best friend. So what would she do with this sudden confession? 

 

"I-I do not know what to say...." Seohyun muttered nervously. "Thank you for saying that but I'm sorry. I'm just not into that kind of relationship yet." She bowed her head, looking down as to avoid his expression. 

 

"Ohhh...  Is that it? You're going to turn me down?"

 

Seohyun played with her fingers as she shook her head. "I'm not saying that. You're a great man. Kind to the pregnant old me. One that could make some other girl happy. The fault is in me. I'm not ready yet for that sudden commitment. My hands are full right now." She her baby bump. An act which did not missed by Minho. 

 

"I know. I was just joking. Do you think I'm going to force you or something? Silly." Minho knocked her head. 

 

"How would I know? You're basically dropped a bomb on me." Seohyun chuckled. "Anyway... Seriously thank you. I may not feel the same but you are really becoming my best friend that I cherishes so much." She patted his hand which rested in the table. 

 

"I know. You're just too kind to say mean things even when you're rejecting me." Minho smiled. "Plus, what a great way to know that you're friend-zoned." He exclaimed seriously which later turned into a grin. "Reminds me to be extra careful with the woman I started to like."

 

"Player..." Seohyun shook her head.

 

"Only for you..." Minho cheekily said. 

 

They burst into laughter making some other customers looked at them with a smile. 

 

-

 

Luhan threw his bag to the couch. He was mad. He was hot with temper. He didn't know why. But he did. He roughly shrugged his tie loose, ruffled his hair and sat on the couch. He took a deep breath before releasing it. Feeling refreshed, he wondered on why he behave this way? Earlier, he became disgruntled when he saw Minho with Seohyun as he was having a meeting with his client at the same restaurant as they was. 

 

Once he accidentally saw them, he couldn't pay any attention on what his client was saying. His eyes were transfixed on them all the time. Since his seat was not far from them and was facing Seohyun, he could see her reactions to what Minho was saying. His blood boils when he saw Seohyun were smiling widely and laughing at that too. Her laugh was the sweetest thing he ever heard, but... She hadn't did that to him except for that one precious week and after that... 

 

Nada. None whatsoever. 

 

She wasn't supposed to laugh at Minho. Minho wasn't supposed to see that. He was supposed to be the one to see that. Her smiles were his. Her laugh were his. 

 

She was his, damn it. 

 

Luhan frowned. When did he have this notion that she was his? This is absolutely ridiculous. He shook his head, hoping for sanity to come back to him as this craziness made him think of weird things. Even when he's back in his office, he couldn't concentrate well and often found himself staring at the wall with his mind wandered, seeing her. 

 

"Luhan... Baby? What are you doing?" Yoona asked him as she approached and sat beside him, her head turned to him. 

 

Somewhere during him lost in thought, he didn't heard the sound of Yoona came back from work. "Nothing, just figuring some work stuffs." Luhan waved his hand,  meaning that it was nothing to bother about. 

 

"Oh... Okay. Have you met Seohyun these days?"

 

Gulping, he turned to see her. His heart skipped a beat. "N-No.. Why?" 

 

"I just missed the baby. I haven't got any chance on seeing my sister."

 

Luhan drew a relief sigh before he drawled out, "Me too." 

 

"I just can't wait for the baby to be born…" Yoona said in a hopeful tone.

 

"As do I, my dear… As do I." Luhan patted her hand as he attempted to change the topics. "Have you take your medicine yet?" 

 

Yoona turned to see him, her eyes twitched a bit. Just a bit before she turned her head away from him, "Yeah. I have." 

 

Her voice were so low as she muttered it, made him frown. It was as if she was lying to him but it couldn't be. "Are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter