"He's dead, let's move on" - Kaisoo

Ficlets

Asked by anon here.


 

Jongin stared at the knife in his hands and at the corpse in front of him. Blood was on his hands too, but none of it was his. It was thick, tacky, and he felt nauseous just thinking about the feeling. It was an accident. The man had burst into the apartment he and Kyungsoo shared, demanding for “D.O”. He was crazy, Jongin had thought, and in a panic he jabbed the kitchen knife into the intruder when he charged at him.

"He’s dead, let’s move on," Kyungsoo pulled his boyfriend to his feet from his kneeling position. "You did well, he would have killed you even if he didn’t get to me,"

The younger man thought he knew what he was getting into when he agreed to date the assassin, but apparently he was wrong. It wasn’t like he had never done anything illegal before. He had a tough childhood, and without parents or any means of supporting himself pickpocketing and shoplifting had been his only way to survive. Admitedly, Jongin had let things get out of hand as he got older and made a name for himself as a great thief, “Kai”. That was how he actually met Kyungsoo, when the assassin hired him to steal a copy of a target’s travel plans. Continuous business meetings between the pair and casual flirting had lead to their current relationship, and therefore this situation.

"Come on, Jongin, we need to get out of here. There’s got to be more waiting." Kyungsoo knocked the knife out of the taller man’s hand and guided glanced out the window at a threatening looking black car and the small group of men staring up at their window. "Listen, you did what you had to. Snap out of this, I need you to think clearly."

"Okay," Kai spoke hollowly. He was Kai now, the persona he put on in his professional criminal career. That meant that his boyfriend wasn’t Kyungsoo, the cute little man who liked cooking and had a talent for it, but rather D.O the killer, the assassin. And the two needed to get out before they were also bodies on the ground.