The bracelet

Who are you, Son Naeun?

 

005

Memory 001

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6Yy5UDMv4mglH1bd5uPe

        "Yah kid, don't mess with us." Stood bunch of boys who cornered a boy on his own. It's 2 am in the morning, dark and gloomy that was how you described it. No one could hear the conversation they were having at the corridor of woolim's entertaiment building.

"Wh..what did I do wrong?" the boy on his own was now shaking like a cat.

"We were punished because of you, kim myungsoo." the other boy growled. 

It's a common thing for him. This is almost what a 18 years old boy kim myungsoo experiences every day. He managed to get into a small entertaiment company to achieve his dream as an idol. Many of his sunbae envy him for his ridicilously handsome face and his talent, so it's not uncommon for him  to be bullied. 

 

"You were all punished because you forgot your dance moves, though.." Myungsoo mummbled.

"What-?! you ungrateful little-" The sunbaes were all now worked up as one of them held myungsoo's collar. Myungsoo held his breath and shutted his eyes, preaparing for the worst. 

"Isn't it cliche to bully a hoobae who was better than you??" 

A girl who posessed a goddess like beauty walked to them. She wore a calm expression as she eyed at her sunbaes. 

"Naeun!!" One of the sunbaes called out. The others calmed down and released myungsoo's collar. They dont want to look bad in front of the most beautiful trainee here in woolim's entertaiment.

"Taeyeong sunbae  didnt you say that you want to walk me home?" Naeun smiled. 

 
"Oh yes, thats right!!" Taeyeong beamed while the other sunbaes were glaring at him in envy. 
 
"Wait for me in front of the building, i'm almost done with my practice." She walked away. 
 
"Arasso!" Taeyeong nodded, "lets go guys! Its not worth it talking with that no-talent-only-face kid." And within a second, myungsoo was left alone.

He sighed heavily and plopped himself on the cold floor. He tousled his hair as his tears were already welling up on his eyes. He gets the idea already, that his talent is not yet on par with everyone, and he probably get accepted here because of his face. he worked so hard to improve but the bullying he received each day from bunch of his sunbae kept coming. He was exhasuted. Worn out. Devestated that even if he worked hard he doesn't improve at all. Wondering should he give his dream up just like this. And before he knew it, tears started to flow down on myungsoo's pale cheek.

"Hey!" A girl's voice once again interrupted from the end of the corridor. 

Myungsoo quickly rubbed his tears and turned his head to the source of the girl's voice.

Peeking there, is the goddess that saved him.  

"Are you okay?" Naeun came running and sat beside him with a worried expression. Myungsoo knitted his eyebrow in confusion, he looked around before pointing himself, "are you talking to me?" 

"Of course, silly!" She laughed heartily while myungsoo just bluntly stared at her. He wondered why the hell did she talk to a nobody like him and how is it possible that someone can be this beautiful. 

"Im sorry I couldnt do anything to defend you earlier.." Naeun expression quickly changed as she hung her head low, ".. I tried my best though."

"Why did you help me?" Myungsoo asked,  he couldn't help but to be curious" I dont even know you."

 "I dont know why too" she chuckled , "I just thought that we are somehow similiar."

Myungsoo raised his eyebrow, how could he be similar to a goddess like her. She is perfect. And he is useless. Myungsoo thought.

"You know what? In the past, I was bullied a lot because of my incompentence. But I managed to improve and before I knew it, the bullying was gone"

"A part of it was because of my friend but another part is because of.." Naeun halted and suddenly reached her hand out, showing her white and black knitten bracelet. "Tadahh! This is my lucky charm, I made it with my mom when I was little. Somehow when I'm wearing this bracelet, I feel stronger" she grinned at him proudly while myungsoo couldnt help but to chuckle at her cuteness.

"Oh my, im talking nonsense again! Im sorry!" Naeun slapped her lips a little too hard and winced in pain. Myungsoo was now laughing. Kim myungsoo, who were shy and awkward was now laughing with the girl whom she just met.

"Oh!" Naeun gasped, "you look just like a cat when you are laughing!" 

He stopped his laughter and his face quickly went red, now its naeun's turn to laugh.

"Hey, do you want to make a lucky charm? I can gladly teach you!" She beamed.

Myungsoo was hesitant at first, but when he saw naeun's eager face he couldnt help but to surrender.  "Alright" 

"Then, lets meet tomorrow after practice! I will bring the materials! You just have to preapare your own will to make it!"

Myungsoo once again smile seeing naeun who was now reciting the materials that they need to make the bracelet. Well, He is not sure about his decision, but one thing for sure. He wanted to know this girl in front of him better.

"Kim myungsoo!!" A voice called out.

"Is that your friend?" Naeun asked.

Myungsoo nodded.

"So you are called myungsoo?" 

Myungsoo nodded again.

"Alrighty then~ i will be going, myungsoo!" Naeun stood up, "oh yeah, I haven't introduce myself yet! Silly me!! my name is han naeun, and we will surely meet again." 

Myungsoo looked at her small back who was slowly retreating and silently smiled. Then, the boy who called him earlier came running along.

"Yah! Did taeyeong sunbae bully you again?" this boy stood in front of myungsoo, towering him with his tall height.

Seeing myungsoo who was still spacing out with an usual smile plastered on his face, the boy gave myungsoo a loving smack. "Yah!!" 

"What the-" myungsoo shouted, only then he noticed the boy,"stop hitting me, lee sungyeol!!"

"I have no choice," sungyeol snickered, "you just seemed so out of it,why did you creepily smile like that? it's scary to watch"

"It's nothing!" Myungsoo laughed a little.

"Oho?! this is really suspicious! you are even laughing!" Sungyeol shook his bestfriend's shoulder as he demand the real reason, "YAH KIM MYUNGSOO!!! TELL MEE!!"

18 years kim myungsoo, for the first time, couldn't wait for the next day to come.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6Yy5UDMv4mglH1bd5uPe

Present Time

 

        This is finally the day that A-pink will make their long awaited debut. Nervousness, excitement, and hapiness were oddly tangled up inside naeun's almost bursting heart. The waiting room was in chaos, eunji was intensely practicing high notes, bomi was eating random snacks while nervously laughing, namjoo was doing crazy stretching, and so on, to put it simply they are restless.

"Naeun unni, what is the dance move for this part? Aish, how can I forgot." The usually calm and composed maknae came to naeun and asked the older with a trembling voice. Well, Naeun can't blame hayoung for her giddiness  because a few minutes before debut is so freaking nerve wrecking that it is perfectly normal for your mind to be blank. Naeun gladly guide the clueless younger until hayoung remembered the move and gratefuly thanked her. 

Just then, naeun's phone rang. She quickly grabbed her phone and answered it.

"Take a deep breath, son naeun. You'll be fine!" the man on the other side of the phone chirped. 

"Taemin oppa!" Naeun exclaimed, her nerves calmed down a little bit when she heard her oppa's calming and soothing voice.

"I will be watching on the front seat, so held your head up high, be confident, do your best and make the audience go crazy!" 

"Thank you, oppa." she smiled sincerely, even though taemin couldn't see that.

"Now now, pandas come here!" Chorong's voice echoed, making all the A-pink's members attention were all on her. Naeun quickly whispered to the phone, "Oppa, I have to go now. Wish me luck", she earned a 'fighting' from taemin before hanging up the phone and went to where chorong was. A Pink members formed a circle as they held eachother hands tightly, trembling in excitement and anxiety. 

"This is it, pandas. We worked so hard for this day to come, don't be nervous and let's enjoy this stage!" Chorong gave a short encouragement, all the member put their hands on the middle and yelled , "A-PINK FIGHTING!!" 

"The show starts in 5!!" One of the pd announced. 

Chorong yelled a loud yes in response and kept the members in check. 

"Its gonna be alright.. Its gonna be alright" naeun chanted countless of times in her head, she is nervous, she is so damn nervous to the point that she  had a cold sweat trickling from her forehead. To calm her nerves down, her right hand automatically reached for her left wrist. She has this bracelet that can always give her a sense of security, when she had difficulties, that bracelet weirdly gives her strength. That's how precious the bracelet on her left wrist are. But now she couldnt find it anywhere on her wrist.

"My bracelet?!" Naeun gasped as she checked her wrist again and looked around.

"You lost it?" Eunji asked as she too, looked around. 

"Yeah" naeun panicked, " where did i last.. Who.. What.." 

"Calm down" bomi held her hand. The rest of a pink members sterted to look around for naeun's bracelet. They know. That it's probably the most important thing for her.

"Ah!" Namjoo chided," didnt you leave it on the desk back in the dressing room? You told me that you didnt want to make it dirty earlier when we were eating."

"Probably?!" Naeun beamed," thank you, namjoo! I'll be back!!" 

"You have less than 5 minutes!!" Chorong added before naeun started to sprint like a professional athlete back to the dressing room.

She managed to find it and ran back to the backstage as fast as possible before she collided hardly with someone. 

Naeun fell hardly on her , but she quickly apologized to the man who was towering her,"I'm sorry!" 

"It's okay. I'm the clumsy one, Are you okay?" The tall man showed his bright gummy smile before helping naeun to stand. 

"Ah annyeonghaseo sunbaenim!" Naeun bowed 90 degrees when she noticed he was wearing a luxurious costume, he must be her sunbae even if she doesnt recognize him. "And sorry once again!" 

The tall man nodded. "Yes annyeonghaseo, its okay."

"Then, i will be going" naeum gave him a timid smile and bowed. 

"Wait" the man's voice can be heard. He is not hitting on me, right? Naeun selfconciously thought. 

The tall man held his hand out, "this is yours,right?" Peeking through his hands are naeun's precious bracelet. 

 

Naeun blushed, embarassed of her shameless thoughts."Yess!! Its mine! Thankyou very much!" 

"Here you go" he put it on her hand as he smiled. But after looking at the bracelet for a while, his smile turned into a frown. 

Naeun who didnt realize the sudden change on his face said 'thankyou' and turned around for a second time.

 

Sungyeol knitten his eyebrow as he mummbled,

"Where have I seen that bracelet before?"

 

 

 

tumblr_ltt9l9O7H51r5nvxzo1_500.jpgSnowsonye's note :

Hello!! It's been a long time but please enjoy >

 Please keep supporting me, subscribe, and flood me with your comments