Chapter 6

Library AU

    Time goes by, nothing much happens.  Hoseok and Yoongi sit together as usual, Hoseok goes to check out a book when he’s feeling bold.  Jimin’s smile never falters but their conversation never goes beyond a kind “How are you?” and maybe a comment about the weather.  Hoseok has taken to asking Yoongi for advice on a wide range of things or sometimes just rambling about whatever is bothering him.  In return, Yoongi began sharing bits and pieces of his own personal life, a sentence or two at once, never asking for anything.  It takes him time to open up to Hoseok, but slowly the younger starts to learn more and more about him; he moved here from his home town just a little over a year ago, he lives a rather quiet life on his own, he’s interested in music composition and poetry, that Hoseok is the closest he’s gotten to a person since moving here.  When Yoongi told him the last bit of information, he had said it quietly before turning to Hoseok and giving him one of his rare smiles, but it didn’t quite reach his eyes.  Hoseok tried to return the smile but his heart felt heavy.  Since then he had started pushing Yoongi to say more and more about himself, determined that if he was going to be the man’s only friend, he would be a damn good one.

 

    It was a Saturday night, so the library was a bit busier than usual.  On days like this, Yoongi and Hoseok typically let the same comfortable silence fall over them, not wanting to disturb the numerous other people with their chatter.  Hoseok sat drumming his fingers on the arm of the chair, having finished his book a little while ago and not quite sure what to do with himself now.

 

    “He’s shelving books today,” Yoongi spoke up, “If you go look for something, you might get to talk to him.”

 

    “You think it’d be a good idea?” Hoseok asked, getting nervous about possibly talking to Jimin, as always.

 

    “If you want to get closer to him.”

 

    Hoseok sighed and stood up, trying not to think about how badly he might embarrass himself.

 

    “Wish me luck,” he says as he leaves their sitting area, and he almost misses the quiet whisper of “good luck” behind him.  Almost.

 

    Hoseok ended up staring at the section of books by what had come to be his favorite author.  Looking through them, he realized he’d already read everything the library had from this author.  He started looking around at the other books in this area, hoping that maybe they would be some what similar.  However, he found himself glaring again at the collection of novels by his favorite author, angrily wishing another one to appear.

 

    “Why do you look so upset, Hoseok?” The sweet voice comes from beside him and a soft looking hand pushes a book into place on the shelf a few feet from Hoseok.  He turns to see Jimin bent slightly over a poorly placed cart of books as he reaches to put another novel on a higher shelf.  Hoseok notices the younger struggling and gently pushes to book into place for him.  Jimin gives him a thankful smile.

 

    “I’m frustrated because it seems I’ve read everything by my favorite author,” Hoseok taps lightly at the spines of the books to clarify who he’s talking about.  He looks back to Jimin, whose face now shows that he is thinking pretty hard about something.  His eyes flash with an idea and he bends over to grab something from a lower shelf and holy hell does his look nice in those jeans.  Hoseok glances away because he probably shouldn’t think about that for too long when the kid is literally right next to him.

 

    “Hey,” Hoseok looks back to Jimin who is holding a book out to him, “This one is really similar to that author’s work.  You’d probably like it.”  He takes the book from the short boy and looks it over.


    “Thanks,” he says, smiling, and Jimin grins back at him.


A/N: I'm so sorry it's been taking me so long to update D: I've never been very good at posting chapters regularly but I'm trying my hardest not to take forever between them!  By the way, I'm estimating there will be 8-10 more chapters before this is done c: