Chapter 5

Library AU

A week passes.  Hoseok and Yoongi say very little to each other, preferring the usual silence between them.  Hoseok continues to admire the boy from afar.  

 

    Hoseok had just entered the library with his usual hurried shuffle.  He was in the first row of non-fiction again, peeking over the tops of a few books that were just short enough for a good view of the front desk.  Soon, he found himself day dreaming yet again.

 

    What did he smell like?  Did the scent of his soap linger on his skin?  Did he start his days with some kind of expensive cologne?  Did his entire home smell like him or was it different?  What did his bed sheets smell like?  Hoseok imagined him as the kind of person to buy fancy, scented sprays for fabrics so that he wouldn’t be too uncomfortable when his face was pressed into the bed and his teeth closing tightly on the pillow to muffle-

 

    “You should go talk to him,” Hoseok was startled out of his daze by Yoongi’s voice beside him and turned to face the shorter man.  Yoongi was looking out at the front desk too, not caring to make eye contact, as usual.  He had two thick, hardcover books in his hands and held one out to Hoseok upon getting his attention.  

 

    “Read this, you’ll like it, and you’ll have to check it out; an excuse to go up to him,”  Hoseok took the book from him and Yoongi turned to flash a rare, lazy grin.

 

    The pair sat side by side like normal just a few minutes later.  For the first time in a while, Hoseok felt completely lost in his book.  Yoongi wasn’t joking when he said he’d like it; that guy knows a thing or two about novels.  He almost missed the announcement of closing time a few hours later.  He groaned when he noticed he had over half the book left, typically not fond of bringing books home with him.  Hoseok wasn’t the neatest or least forgetful person and had had a few incidents with unreturned books in the past.  But this time, this book, was worth it.  He lifted himself from the comfortable chair and started slowly towards the front of the building.  As he neared the front desk, his heartbeat began to speed up and his palms felt clammy.  Being so close to the cute boy, looking him in the eye, was he ready?  Hoseok sighed.  If he turned back now, he’d never get anywhere.  This was his opportunity.  All he had to do was be kind and calm and everything would go well.  He felt a little bit excited and grinned to himself as he reached the counter and gently slid the book onto the surface.  Hoseok’s heart felt like it was going to jump out of his chest when he saw that smile, the one he had been watching these past weeks, up close.  

 

    “Hello!” The boy’s voice was like honey; it was sweet and light and Hoseok wanted to hear it mixed in with tea in the morning or sliding down the back of his throat on a quiet winter night spent inside, under the covers.

 

    “Hey,” He responded.  A thousand questions flooded his mind, but “How are you?” is the only one he can manage to spit out.

 

    The boy’s typical smile relaxed into a much more genuine grin.

 

    “I’m alright.  You?”  He took the book from Hoseok and scanned it.

 

    “Pretty good.”

 

    The boy was even more brilliant at this distance.  His dark eyes were big and sparkled when he smiled.  His skin was perfect and his hands looked surprisingly delicate.  Hoseok was distracted by Yoongi flashing him a smile as he exited the building and turned back to the boy who was pushing his book back across the desk.  

 

    “Have a nice evening!” The same generic smile was back.  Hoseok hesitated.  “Ah, do you need something else?”  The boy looked at him confused.

 

    “Oh!  I. . . Uh. . . Your name.  What’s your name?”  Hoseok stumbled over his words, flustered.  The boy looked a bit confused before his face showed his amusement.

 

    “Park Jimin,” he smiled.  Hoseok grinned back.

 

    “I’m Hoseok.  Jung Hoseok.”

 

    “Nice to meet you, Hoseok,” Jimin chuckled.  “I’d love to stand around and chat, but I need to close up.”


    “Oh!  Of course!  Sorry,”  Hoseok laughed.  “See you!”  He said, before calling several thank yous as he ducked out the door.


a/n: I'm so sorry for the wait on this page!  I went t o visit my grandparents for a while and then got hit with some wicked writer's block.  I meant to post a second chapter with this but it's 5 am and I don't feel like writing anymore ^^;