reunited once again

trying to forget

Not caring of what other people in the street thought about me, without hesitation I wrapped my hands around his neck while tears began to drop from my eyes on his leather jacket.

"I thought I would never see you again! I'm so glad your all right!" 

"I told you that I would return, didn't I? He mumbled into my ear as he held me tightly.

"I, I, I can't believe this! Your really here, with me, finally!" 

"I can hardly believe it myself! I'm just so glad that I'm back." Taemin is my best friend. He always has been. Since secondary school we were always by each other. He was a scrawny little boy and I was a nerd (according to my classmates) however,even though Taemin looked scrawny he was always strong and confident, so whenever someone was picking on me he would be there to protect me. 

Now, Taemin's only change is his appearance. He looks so much more muscular now, and a lot more handsome. He still has his cuteness though, which is great because I just love seeing him like he was when he was just a child. 

"Did you get injured at all when you were there?" I asked curiously. 

"I got shot in the arm once but I'm fine now." Said Taemin quickly, not wanting me to worry too much.

"What! You got shot? That's terrible! Is your arm really okay now?" 

"Yeah, it healed quite quickly, to my surprise." 

"Well I'm glad your okay. Should we head back to my place?" I suggested.

"I can't, I have to go to Sophie's apartment, I haven't seen her yet." Sophie. Taemin's girlfriend. She's a good friend of mine. If you count the years that Taemin was gone, they have been together for 3 years. I don't know why but I'm a bit jealous of Sophie. I don't think of Taemin as someone I would love like a girlfriend does, but I still love him as a friend, and her being with him makes me feel uneasy at times. Because of this, I've gotten more distant from her.

"Oh, I assumed that you would see her first, since she is your girlfriend..." I responded innocently.

"Don't be silly, you'll always come in first place when it comes to things like this. I mean as a friend, of course." He stuttered a bit on his words. I'm glad he thinks that.

"Thanks." I gave him one last hug while he sincerely smiled at me. He started walking off, but suddenly turned around to say something.

"And Rosie?" 

"Yes?" He gently pulled my wrist and put something in my hand. It was a bracelet. The little ornaments were carved out of wood with great care and there were letters on them. It spelled 'ROSIE' in big letters. Finally Taemin spoke up again,

"I only got this for a very dear person of mine. I'll see you later Rosie..." He gave a small wink and confidently walked off.

Am I really that special to him? Not even his girlfriend is as special to him? What does that mean? Is he trying to send me a message? If so, I wonder what it means...