43. Discovery

Arcanum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Forty Three
~ Discovery ~

 

Kyungsoo was up rather earlier than usual to prepare the food. With four other people, the meal he normally cooks for Chen and himself would not be sufficient. So there he was, trying to make as little noise as possible while he worked in the kitchen so that he wouldn’t wake the others up.
         

He has yet to properly meet the strangers Chen had let into the house last night because, aside from Chen acting a bit weird, it had seem awkward to carry a conversation in the dark. Why the electricity post at the back got hit by lightning was still a puzzle, but the post had been fixed overnight so it was not a concern anymore.
The sizzle of oil as he cooks was a comforting sound, slowly taking him into a zen-like state where the only thing he could focus on was cooking. That was why when someone tapped him on the shoulder, he almost jumped out of his skin in shock.
 

“Sorry,” the white-haired girl raised both hands in the air, surprised too. “I was just asking if you need any assistance.”
 

Kyungsoo clutched his chest, trying to calm his heart by taking a deep breath. “Who are you?”
 

“Oh, I’m part of the group that came last night.” She explained. “My name is Ahra.”
 

As the rate of his heartbeat returns to normal, he realized that he was breathing faster and there is an intense burn on his left bicep. “I’m Kyungsoo, Chen’s friend.” He said faintly.
 

“Are you alright?” she asked, stepping closer.
 

He barely heard her over the feeling of being compressed. It was as if the weight of Serce was dropped onto his shoulder. A part of him was shouting to let go but he knew that if he did, the world would be destroyed - everything would crumble and people would die. 
 

“Oh no,” Ahra whispered.
 

He felt the ground’s reverberations as she backed away from him, bringing with her the intensity of his burden and making it easier for him to catch his breath. The burning was still there but had lessened enough for him to speak and ask, “What was that?”
 

~~~
 

“Here they are.” His instructor put down a package in front of him. “New books for you to read and for us to discuss t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter