31. Found

Arcanum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty One

~ Found ~

 

“We should start looking into other cities for the others.” Suho said when he found her at the back of the house they were staying at. She was practicing there with her newly bought sword to keep her skills in check.

Slowly, she put down the blade and faced the Umidian. “You think we won’t find one here in Volta?” she questioned as she breathed heavily.

“I…” Suho had his eyes on the weapon she was holding. He didn’t know she had brought one. “I have a feeling that we won’t.”

She looked at him with interest and nodded. “I guess we should head north then. We’ll save Guarire for last.” They will surely pass by there when they go back to Virgula.

“Yes,” Suho agreed, turning on his heels to go back inside the house. “I should buy us some horse for travel. We still have some gold to spare for a couple.”

“I’ll come with you.” Ahra told him, sliding her blade back into its scabbard on her hip.

Suho waited for her before continuing walking. She flinched a little when he spoke again. “I see you bought yourself a sword.”

“I figured I have enough clothes for now.” She replied sheepishly.

“You probably lost your sword in the storm, right?” he glanced at me.

“I didn’t. I left my sword back at home because I knew there was a high chance I won’t be able to make it here.” She admitted. “I kind of left it for my father. So that he would have something to remember me by if I don’t come back.”

He frowned at that. “That’s pessimistic. You’re alive now. And you will be able to come back soon.”

“I hope we would be able to find the others fast.” She softly said. She misses Virgula.

They went through a lot of alleyways in silence before reaching the market street. The noise and the heat made going through the afternoon crowd more difficult. Ahra just endured it and did her best to follow Suho, who was slipping through the people with ease. It was actually as if he was made out of water, which was not surprising at all. As she passed through the stands, something caught her eye.

When she managed to get near enough to Suho, she grabbed at his arm and said, “I’ll just meet you at the stables. I’ll just look at something.”

Suho didn’t have the chance to question her because she already made her way to the other side of the street. Some people bump at her, but there are those who take one look at her hair and steer away. Even in the land where people are more diverse, Ahra’s coloring made her stand out.

“Excuse me,” she called out to the vendor. There were a couple of other people in front of the stand, looking at the unique trinkets laid out on the wooden plank, but they weren’t engagin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter