Coming Home

Everyday Love

 

sorry it took long for me to update m(_ _)m and I didn't double-check this chapter so I'm sorry -again- if there were mistakes


 

It was a busy day for Hyesung, he had several surgeries in the hospital, as well as some appointments with his patients. The patients that needed surgery were unusually a lot that day, although the team that performed surgeries were divided, Hyesung couldn’t help but feeling a bit tired.

An appointment of him and his patients was just finished when his phone buzzed, he answered it and went out of his office room in a rush, it was another call for a surgery. A man was rushed into the hospital, he experienced a trauma from a severe car crash and needed a surgery immediately. The thought of Eric vanished from his mind as he had to give his full focus.

The surgeries took quite a long time, as soon as he finished the surgery and exited the room, the family of the patient were crowding him asking about their family member’s condition. Hyesung gave them a smile and said the surgery was a success and that the man was in a good condition, and told they could visit the him later.

His shift for the day ended at 7 p.m., and it was near the end of his shift, so he decided to buy some snacks, thinking he wouldn’t need to do another surgery and his appointments were all finished. When he was walking to the cafeteria, there was a commotion, a woman was just admitted to the hospital, she was in critical condition. They said she was a part-time worker who was delivering food to an construction site and when she was there, an accident happened to her in the site, she was pierced by an iron rod. He was going to approach them but a hand on his shoulder stopped him, it was Kangta.

“I’ll handle this one, Hyesung-ah. Get your rest, you look horrible.” He said, Kangta was actually having a night shift that day. Hyesung himself didn’t know whether he could perform another surgery after the last one, so he felt very grateful of Kangta. He thanked him and continued to do his previous plan. Back to his office, he was munching on his snacks while waiting for his shift ended, he mind wondered back to Eric, why there was no message or call from him, what was Eric doing, how was the progress of his work, and many other thoughts.

Hyesung’s work hour was officially over without him noticing. Thinking about Eric made him lost track on time. He decided to go home, but before that, he went to Kangta’s office and was greeted by a silence, empty office. He shrugged his shoulders, thinking that Kangta hadn’t finished, and put a plastic bag filled with snacks as a token of gratitude to his bestfriend.


 

Hyesung arrived at his -their- apartment, the time he took until he arrived at home was unusually longer than the usual, he felt really tired and he wanted to go straight to bed. He entered the apartment and didn’t mind of the dark surrounding. As he made his way into the living room, he vision was struck on the little table in his kitchen, there laid some dishes that looked delicious, two crystal glasses, it could pass as a candle light dinner if not for the missing candles, wine, and flowers. He was wondering on who had prepared it, he had a hunch that Eric was the one behind this, but he dismissed the thought, thinking Eric hadn't come, but no one knew the pass code for the apartment other than him and Eric. As he was in deep thought, the bedroom door opened, and a man was coming out.

"Eric-ah...?" Hyesung stuttered, couldn't hide his confusion. "Why... How come... Yaaaaaah!" Half running to Eric's spot, he then jumped to Eric, circling his arms around Eric's neck, hugging him.

Eric stumbled backward due to sudden weight, but he quickly steadied himself and brought Hyesung to his embrace.

"No 'welcome home' for me, dear?" Eric whispered on Hyesung's ear. He could feel his boyfriend shivered.

Hyesung, still shocked and a bit annoyed, pinched Eric’s shoulder, "What do you mean by 'welcome home' you pabo! I arrived later than you, I should be the one receiving a 'welcome home'."

'This little prince...' Eric sighed hard at his boyfriend’s words, he felt a bit annoyed by Hyeusng’s response actually.

"Really? Hyesung-ah? I worked extra hard to finish my work so I could go home faster, and this is what I get? Waaaah, had I known, I wouldn't have worked that hard." Eric released Hyesung from his embrace but when Hyesung's hug on Eric immediately tightened, a grin could be seen on Eric's face.

"I'm sorry. Welcome home, Eric-ah..." It was tiny, it came muffled, because Hyesung buried his face on Eric's shoulder, but Eric could hear it clearly. He smiled and hugged Hyesung back.

"I'm home, Hyesung-ah."


 

After the not-so-touching reunion, the two of them moved to the little table that had meals on it, Hyesung silently admired the dinner his boyfriend had prepared although his arrival in Seoul hadn’t been that long.

“Is this some kind of candle light dinner?” there was a hint of curiosity in Hyesung’s voice.

“Well, I inteded to prepare a dinner for you, that’s all, no ulterior motive, I know you are tired, and honestly, me too, so I just prepared a simple dinner. It’s up to you if you want to take this as a candle light dinner.” Eric answered Hyesung.

“I should have known, no flowers, no scented candles, and no wine.”

“Are you disappointed Hyesungie?” Eric faced Hyesung, a teasing smirk displayed on his lips.

“Not really, this way, we can finish the dinner faster and rest soon. I’m tired, you too, we need rest.” Hyesung gave a sweet smile to Eric, to support his statement that he wasn’t disappointed.

“Who are you?! Where is my spoiled little prince?!” faking a shocked face, Eric continued his teasing on Hyesung.

“Yah! Do you really have to say that?” Hyesung pouted.

“Kkkkk~ sorry Hyesung-ah. Come on, let’s eat.”

They proceeded with the dinner, chatted lightly in between, about their days without each other, and other things. After they finished with the dinner, they decided to take a bath and go straight to sleep. Hyesung took the first turn to bath, then Eric took bath after Hyesung. When Hyesung was searching for his pajama, he found something in their wardrobe.


 

“Why are you so quiet Hyesungie?” Eric found Hyesung sat on the bed when he entered their bedroom. He smiled when he saw the thing beside Hyesung.

‘Ah, he found it.’ Eric thought as he approached his lover. Hyesung looked up and hugged Eric.

“Why did you give me this?” Hyesung asked.

“Because I left you?” A frown could be seen on Eric’s forehead.

“You don’t have to be sorry, just don’t leave me too long next time.” Hyesung’s voice weakened through the sentence.

Eric smiled at his little prince’s antic. He kissed Hyesung’s forehead.

“I understand, Hyesungie. I won’t do it again. Let’s go to sleep, shall we?” He took Hyesung’s hand and laid down on the bed, bringing Hyesung with him. Hyesung snuggled on Eric and Eric put his arm around Hyesung’s body, as if he was embracing Hyesung. They slept like that through the night.


 

 

what Hyesung saw :

(white tulips = asking for a forgiveness, cmiiw)

and