Hoseok

Minute By Minute

When the alarm went off Hoseok jumped up, tripping over his blanket, this was kicked off sometime during the night, falling on his face. He cursed loudly at his stupidity.  He was sure hoping that Jungkook didn’t hear him falling.

          He was excited about the first day of school. He had a special reason, and that reason is Kim Taehyung. He hoped to make amends with the younger male and actually be friends to him, hopefully more.  Taehyung was his crush, since the younger male’s freshman year of high school.

          He jetted to the bathroom before Jungkook could make it. He needed to shower and get ready for school. Luckily his parents let him use their shower, since Jungkook and him would always fight over who gets to shower first. He quickly took his shower, and ran back to his room to look for something to wear. All of his good clothes were dirty and the ones that were clean were too small.

“You know we have uniforms right?” Jungkook stated as he walked into the room.

“Shut up! I knew that. I just wanted to impress all the hot girls with my good looks,” Hoseok replied.

          He was hoping the younger wouldn’t realize that he was talking about Taehyung. He wanted to look y for his crush, but he couldn’t with these clothes. Hoseok groaned a little bit as he grabbed his uniform.

“Do you mean Taehyung?” the younger asked.

“I don’t know what you mean,” Hoseok said as his face fell.

“Sure, you don’t,” Jungkook said as he left the room.

          Jungkook was able to see right through him. Hoseok groaned again. He hated that the younger could read him like a book. He quickly pulled a pair of pants out from under his bed, hoping that they were clean.

          While he pulled his shirt on, he heard his mother yell from down stairs. She was obviously anger at him for not being down there at the same time Jungkook was. He trudged out of his room.

“JUNG HOSEOK! IF YOU ARENT DOWN HERE IN TWO MINUTES THERE WILL BE NO BREAKFAST FOR YOU!” she screamed.

                    He fumbled down the stairs, still trying to put on his pants. He descended down the stairs zipping up his pants. Jungkook laughed at him. Hoseok told him to shut it before he did something. Their mother told them to be good at school. Jungkook nodded and Hoseok scoffed.

          They both walked out the door.  The walk to the bus stop was not that far. The bus came around a few minutes after they got there. They got on sitting on opposite sides of the bus. Hoseok sat in the back with his headphones on.  The younger sat in the front of the bus.

          When the bus arrived at the school, Hoseok headed to the dance studio. He had a little bit of time before class started. He always left his belongings in the there. The dance studio was his sanctuary.

          When he left the room, he headed down the hallway. He saw Taehyung standing at his locker. Before he could actually think of something nice to say, he blurted out something that made him want to hit his head against the lockers.  That was not what he wanted to say.

“Well, well if it isn’t super nerd,” Hoseok blurted out.

          He watched as the younger male’s smile fell. He wanted to take the words back. He wanted to say that he was sorry about last year.

“You’re just jealous that I’m smarter than you,” Taehyung replied.

          Before Hoseok could say anything else, the younger slammed his locker shut and left. He didn’t even look back at Hoseok. He ignored the elder male.

“Great job idiot! Didn’t we decide to be nicer to him, and maybe just maybe he might like me back,” Hoseok muttered.

          When he walked into his first class, he spotted Taehyung sitting without a seatmate. He felt like the luckiest person in the world. This was his chance to woo Taehyung and make the younger like him back.

“Hello Taehyung,” he said.

          Before the younger male could say anything, the teacher walked into the classroom. She explained the classroom rules and the agenda for this year. Apparently everyone that had a seatmate was project partners for the whole year. Hoseok couldn’t be any happier. He got to sit next to Taehyung for the rest of the year, and there were possibilities of going to each other’s houses.

“It looks like we are stuck with each other little nerd,” Hoseok said.

          The teacher started to explain more of what she expected from each and every one of them. Hoseok drowned her out and focused on other things. He wondered why he kept acting like being with Taehyung was the worst thing ever. He had spent all summer looking forward to seeing the younger male.

          Before he knew it, class was over. He watched Taehyung stuff his books into his backpack. He quickly dashed out the room before he could even say anything to him.

“This is going to be my favorite class this year!” he exclaimed.

          He watched the younger leave the classroom. He knew that the smaller male had heard him. He grabbed his books and pen and put them into his backpack. He headed out the door and to his next class, Moral Education. Maybe this could teach him something, he thought.

          Upon walking into the classroom, he saw Ilhoon. He walked up the other male. He pulled out a seat for him to sit in as they chatted.

“Hey Ilhoon, how was your summer?” Hoseok asked.

“Good,” the younger replied.

“Did you get to spend it with that boyfriend of yours?” the elder asked.

“No, he spent it with his family. We didn’t get to see each other that much. Plus he had summer camp to go to,” Ilhoon answered.

“Maybe he met my little brother there,” Hoseok said.

“What a coincidence,” Ilhoon said as his face paled.

          Before he could say anything else, the teacher spoke about the class objectives. Hoseok tried to pay attention, but after ten minutes the teacher had gotten boring. He started to zone out and thought about dance and Taehyung. The class had ended without him even realizing it.

          He saw Ilhoon rushing out of the room. He ran after him. He was going to ask him about practice for their rap crew. Ilhoon had went out to the fountain and sat down. He was going to walk up to the other male, but he saw that Jungkook was walking towards Ilhoon. Jungkook sat beside the other male. Since when does his brother knew Ilhoon, he asked himself. Hoseok hid out of sight.

“Hi Ilhoon,” Jungkook said.

“Jungkookie,” the elder said.

          Ilhoon had looked around to see if anyone was around. When he deemed the coast was clear, he gently pulled Jungkook into a quick kiss. The younger smiled into the kiss. They pulled apart and laughed.

“I missed my perfect boyfriend,” the elder said.

“How are classes so far?” Jungkook asked smiling.

“In my second class, I shared a desk with Hoseok. He asked me about my summer and my so called mysterious boyfriend. If he finds out that I’m dating his little brother, he might as well kill me,” Ilhoon stated.

“I’d like to see him try. If he does then I’ll tell his crush all about the things he does to get his attention,” Jungkook said.

“Oh man, your brother has a crush?” the dirty blonde asked.

“Yeah, it’s stupid. He should actually be asking him out and not be stupid about it,” the younger said.

          The next class was about to start. They got up and hugged quickly before someone else could see. They went their separate ways. 

          Hoseok’s face fell. His little brother was dating Ilhoon. How come he didn’t tell him, he questioned. He stormed off because neither of the two told him anything.  He would have been more accepting of the two if they actually told him.

          He walked to the dance studio. He didn’t feel like going to his next class. He was mad at Jungkook because the younger never told him. He wasn’t too happy at Ilhoon either. Ilhoon was way older than Jungkook.

          If that made Jungkook happy then he was okay with it. He was upset because they had been sneaking around. He was upset because Jungkook was probably ashamed of him enough to not tell him about his boyfriend.

          When he got to the dance studio, he placed his headphones in his ears. He started dancing to the beat. He watched himself in the mirrors hit every single move correctly. He needed to forget about today.