Taehyung

Minute By Minute

          Taehyung heard the alarm clock ring and got out of bed. He was excited about today.  It was the first day of school, and he always looked forward to the first day. He could get to be the best student he could ever be. He could sit in the front seats of all of his classes. He could be the teacher’s pet as well.

          This year would be different from last year. He would be talking advance classes. He would be one of the few sophomores taking advance classes. He got ready to go and headed downstairs.

“Good morning,” his mother said.

“Morning,” he chirped.

“Are you excited for school?” she asked.

“Yeah, I was pretty bored this summer,” he replied.

“You could have tutored some of the students,” she said.

“I’m not good with teaching others,” he stated.

“Still dear, it was a good opportunity,” she said.

“I’m going to be late. I’m leaving first,” Taehyung said.

          He put on his shoes and grabbed his backpack. He headed out the door and walked to school. He does not like the idea of tutoring others that can’t figure out how to do simple work. He’s not good with others either.

          He opens the door and goes to his locker. Before he could open his locker, he could hear the loud obnoxious voice that belonged to Hoseok. Taehyung really didn’t know why the elder liked to mess with him. He did nothing to him, as far as he knew.

“Well, well, if it isn’t the super nerd, Taehyung,” Hoseok joked.

Taehyung’s smile fell and a frown formed.  I forgot all about him this summer, he thought. He ignored the taller male and continued to put books in his locker.

          Hoseok was the leader of the dance club. He was extremely popular and for some reason disliked him. There was no explanation why because they never spoke last year. However that didn’t stop Hoseok from picking on him.

“You’re just jealous that I’m smarter than you,” Taehyung said.

          Before the elder could say anything, Taehyun had closed his locker and went to his first class. I hope I don’t have to see him again anytime soon, he muttered to himself.

           He had advanced history for his first class. He looked around for an empty seat. He hoped to be sitting in the front but that didn’t happen. He ended up sitting the back of the classroom. He took the only one without a seat. No one should distract him this year.

          The bell rang. Taehyung leaned down to grab his notebook and history book. He heard the seat next to him being pulled out.  He told himself that he was the most unlucky person in the world right now.

“Hello Taehyung,” Hoseok sneered.

          Before Taehyung could say anything back to him, the teacher walked in. She explained the classroom rules and the agenda for this year. Apparently everyone that had a seat mate was project partners for the whole year. Taehyung mumbled a great to himself.

“It looks like we are stuck with each other, little nerd,” Hoseok said.

“Could this day get any worse?” the younger asked himself.

          The teacher started to explain more of what she expected from each and every one of them. Taehyung drowned her out and focused on other things. He wondered why they had put him in photography and not another advanced class. He did not look forward to that.

          Before he knew it class was over. He stuffed his books in his backpack and dashed out the class room. He wanted to get away from Hoseok as soon as possible.  He knew that that probably won’t happen, but still.

“This is going to be my favorite class this year!” Hoseok exclaimed.

          Taehyung scoffed and kept going. He went to his next class which happened to be photography. He sighed at the thought that he would not know anyone in that class. He probably wouldn’t know anyone, sadly.

“Taehyung!” Jungkook exclaimed.

“Hello Jungkook,” Taehyung said.

“I looked for your name on the tutoring list, but it wasn’t there,” the younger said.

“I have no intentions on tutoring anyone,” the elder stated.

“You need to tutor me this year,” the taller said.

“No, I refuse. You seemed to do very well at camp over the summer,” he said.

“I got into advanced math this year, but I still need help. Please,” Jungkook begged.

          He gave Taehyung the puppy dog eyes and whined like one too. The elder sighed and agreed to tutor him with only one condition though. They would meet at the younger’s house three times a week for an hour and a half each day. Jungkook shook his head and thanked the elder.

“Jungkookie, you better get to class it’s about to start,” Taehyung said playfully.

“Thanks Taehyungie,” Jungkook said.

“I hope I don’t regret this!” he exclaimed.

“You won’t!” the younger said.

          Taehyung sighed. He particularly did not have time to help Jungkook out, but the younger would not leave him alone if he did not agree to help. The taller was very good at math, but he needed help on some things.

          He was happy to meet Jungkook over advanced camp earlier in the summer. The younger knew for the most part of what he was doing. The younger and he got to know each other over the course of a month and a half. Taehyung was glad that he would have someone smart enough to have an actual conversation with.

          He walked into his second class and looked around. He looked for Hoseok, but only found Yoongi sitting by the window with a stupid grin on his face. He has briefly heard of the elder and how he had won the photography competition last year. He knew that if he befriended the elder that he would possibly pass this class.

“Why someone of my intelligence is be stuck in this stupid photography class?” he muttered to himself.

          Once the bell rang, he realized the Hoseok was not going to be in this class. He let out a breath that he didn’t even know he was holding. He sat in the back of the class room because he didn’t even know anyone in the room. He figured that being friends with Yoongi would help him out some, even though he hated the thought of using the guy for his talents.

          The teacher had told them to pick partners for the rest of the year. He was not the only one that picked Yoongi. The teacher realized how bad of an idea this was, so he told Yoongi to pick his partner. Luckily for Taehyung the elder picked him as a partner.

“Thank for picking me,” Taehyung said.

“No problem man. I don’t want to be stuck with some girl that will only take pictures of me or something like that,” Yoongi replied.

“I’m not really good at photography. This is my first time actually,” the younger said.

“You’ll do fine,” Yoongi said.

          Taehyung spend the rest of the class talking to Yoongi. They shared their interests and other things. He found out that the elder was friends with Namjoon and Jungkook as well. At the end of the class, he felt that maybe photography is going to be a good class this year.

“I’ll see you later then,” Yoongi said.

“Yeah,” the younger said.

          He walked out of the classroom and back to his locker. He placed his things in his locker and grabbed his other books. He sighed again. This day is going to be pretty long, he thought.

          He felt a tug on his hair. He looked around and Hoseok had just passed him. He sighed once again. Yep, this is going to be a long day, he said to himself.