Impossible Possibility

Travelling Back

Luhan woke up on a bed beside Kris, gasping for air. ‘Sehun… Sehun… Sehun…,’ he struggled to say.

‘Sehun is fine,’ went Kris’ reply.

‘No. Sehun. Sehun. I need to practice now. Sehun,’ Luhan said, sitting up abruptly.

‘No. You need to sleep,’ Kris said, gently pushing Luhan back down.

‘I… I… I can’t. I need Sehun.’

Kris sighed. ‘Fine. I’ll call Suho.’

 

After three long droning rings, Suho finally picked up.

‘Kris-hyung?’ he heard him say.

‘Yes, it’s me. Luhan wants to know how Sehun’s doing.’ Was Kris’ reply.

Then Luhan heard Suho’s voice buzz on the other end of the phone. Kris gave a gasp and pressed the phone closer to his ear, as if he didn’t want Luhan to hear.

Luhan instantly tensed up. What happened to Sehun? Was he really sick now? He imagined Sehun’s face, blank and gaping. He imagined the emptiness and nothing caught up behind his serious smile. He thought of the closed eyes, filled with empty pupils. And he imagined him waking up, and smiling, his fun-filled character back. He gave a small smile. Everything will be fine. But then the swarms of fear attacked him. What if it was too late? What if Sehun was- It was too terrifying to even think about it. He gently shook his head.

‘Kris, what is it? What happened? Sehun?’ Luhan asked as soon as Kris hung up the phone. ‘How’s Sehun?’

Kris looked even whiter and paler if that was even possible.

‘Sehun is well,’ he said simply.

‘Kris,’ Luhan looked at him with a suspicious eye. ‘Come on. Tell me. I’m your hyung.’

‘Really. It’s nothing.’

‘Then what were you talking about on the phone with Suho?’

‘Um. Things about leadership.’

‘Then how’s Sehun?’

‘Fine. I’ll tell you. His fever’s just gone up a bit and he’s in and out of consciousness.’

‘Really?’ he said suspiciously.

‘Okay. Okay. If it’s completely vital for you to know.’ He took a long deep breath.

Luhan braced himself for the worst.

‘He might not make it.’

 

--

 

Luhan shook his head in disbelief. He’d expected it to be bad, but not this bad. He couldn’t help the tears that streamed down his porcelain face. Especially when Kris had said that their manager from SM Entertainment said they wouldn’t let EXO M go back to see Sehun. Not even with a dying member. A flashback of the day that led Sehun to be like this flashed into is mind. Why did I leave? Why? Luhan blamed himself.

‘Luhan-hyung,’ he said quietly. ‘I have a headache and my hands feel numb.’
‘Hmm?’ Luhan said as if he didn’t deserve the effort of a whole word. He had instantly regretted that. But now he regretted it so bad. Both Suho and Kyungsoo had said that he was fine though. But he didn’t look fine to me. I thought I was maybe just doubting myself, but now… I know I was right.

Interrupted by the ache and emptiness of his heart, Luhan snapped out of his daydream. ‘No!’ he shook his head in disbelief. It can’t be like this. It can’t. IT JUST CAN’T!

 

--

 

While Luhan was away, Sehun was lying in a hospital bed, lethargic and uncomfortable. He had been told that he had a high fever and was in and out of consciousness. ‘I’d rather be out,’ he thought to himself. Because, when he was in, not only did he feel physically sick, but thinking of Luhan made his heart plunge into a pool of acid and melt. His back was throbbing, his neck felt like a broken rock and everything else was numb. Kyungsoo, Suho and Kai were by his side, ready to lift him to the ambulant car. The doctors had said that he could go home every night for now, but if his condition worsened, they would be keeping him here. But not only Sehun went home, his hospital bed and everything he was hooked up to, went home with him too. He needed to sleep in a clean bed and by himself in a lone room. Kyungsoo had said, ‘Yes, thank you. I will make sure.’

Sehun didn’t feel Suho drag the hospital bed down the hall, he didn’t see Kai’s hand pull all of Sehun’s hospital utensils down with him. He didn’t hear Suho’s panic attack when… He lost consciousness. Again.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry for another short chapter... OTL Sorry~ And thanks to all my subscribers! And yeah~ Hope you've enjoyed so far! xoxo