Will they let me?

Travelling Back

'It's fine Kkamjong. He finally got some sleep without being unconscious. When he wakes up, feed him the pain medicine,' Suho said, waving the bottle of medicine around then placing it on the table

'Is it serious?' Kai asked

'No. It's fine,' he said reassuringly.

Suho walked out of the room, leaving Baekhyun behind, and sighed. Kai didn't know how serious it was. Only himself, Kris and possibly Luhan knew of his dying condition. Not even Kyungsoo. But they would soon find out. He sighed again. A long, deep meaningful sigh. Sehun's condition seemed to have worsened. He would have to take him back to the hospital soon.

 

 

--

 

 

Luhan was staring at EXO-M's leader, Kris.

'Okay. Okay. All right. We'll be there,' he was saying on the phone to Suho, his brow furrowed and a worried expression creeping into his face.

Luhan didn't even wait for Kris to put the phone down.

'What happened?' he blurted out.

'Sehun is dying. He hasn't got long to live. But now SM lets us go back.'

 

 

--

 

 

Luhan felt happy and sad at the same time. Or neither. He had no idea how to feel. Or maybe just because the two words happy and sad were just not intense enough to describe how he was feeling. In fact, no word could even come close to describing how he was feeling. His cause that he had spent days pleading to SM had been accepted, but Sehun was dying. Why? How? Why am I the victim of this curse?

 

 

--

 

 

'Hyung...' Sehun whispered weakly, 'Jongin-hyung?'

'You're finally awake!' Jongin tried to say happily, but biting his lip with his face creased, seemingly in pain. Sehun briefly remembered that look from the last time Kai was with him, alone. 'Perhaps he's worried about me,' Sehun thought. He wanted to ask Kai if he was hurt but decided against it. He looked around and found he was back in the hospital. 'Hyung? Am I going to die?'

'Huh?' Jongin asked, genuinely confused. 'No! Of course not! Have they told you that? I didn't know about it! Why would you think that? Why-.'

Kai was cut off by Sehun's rasping whisper, 'No, but I'm back in the hospital so I thought...' Sehun's voice trailed off and he groaned. 'Jongin-hyung, my stomach hurts again.'

Kai spied the pain medicine beside Sehun. He leaned over him and poured a spoonful. He pushed it to his lips. 'Drink up Sehun-ah.' Kai shoved the spoon into Sehun's mouth, almost choking him in the process. Sehun gagged, trying to swallow it down. 'Hyung, I'm feeling too hot now.' Kai stripped the bed of its blankets.

'I'm too cold,' he said five minutes later. As Kai was putting the billions of thermal blankets back on, Sehun closed his eyes and groaned. 'Sehun? Is everything alright?' Kai said, standing up abruptly. He had forgotten the pain in his waist, but now it hit him like he had been stabbed. He hadn't told anyone about it as he knew they couldn't afford to care for him, and he couldn't either. There was Sehun to take care of.

'Luhan, Luhan, Luhan,' the little maknae mumbled in his fever. 'I want Luhan-hyung.' Kai chose it was best to ignore it.

Bad idea.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: So... EXO-M's coming back to Korea in an plane, but from EXO-K, only Suho knows, right? And Kai is injured but only he himself knows...

Who's going to know about Kai's injury first? Will it be Kaisoo, or Kaihun?