Indifferent Difference

Travelling Back

Time. Slowing down. Plunging into a parallel universe. Gone. Away from everyone. Away from everything. Pain. Cutting into his heart. Hurting him like nothing else ever could. Knowledge. Knowing that your best friend for life, no, your brother might not make it. Knowing that you know it. Knowing that you know nothing. Knowing that knowlege hurts most.

Luhan painfully picked himself up off the ground. Everytime he practised, he thought of Sehun. He couldn't stop. He couldn't try. He couldn't...

He knew Sehun would be fighting. Fighting with all his heart. And missing him at the same time. As intensely as Luhan was. Or maybe he wasn't. Maybe it was already too late. He tried to picture Sehun lifeless, unmoving. He couldn't even imagine it. 'Luhan, why are you assuming things when you know nothing? I'm dissapointed in you,'  he thought to himself. But he knew one thing. No matter what, he could never go back. Or can I?

 

 

--

 

 

Luhan's phone beeped. He looked down at it. A text!

 

From: Wu Yi Fan

How are you going Lu-ge? Have you managed to persuade SM?

 

He wished he could say yes. But of course he hadn't...

'You don't know, do you?'

'What if Suho is tricking?' he remembered them saying.

But SM knew as well as everyone else did. Sehun was lying at death's door.

 

 

--

 

 

 

'Kai, are you okay?' Suho's voice rang out in little buzzes around the dance practice room. Kai was choreographing a dance but had just accidentally slipped, and fallen.

'Of course I am! Just a little slip,' Kai said picking himself up hastily.

'Are you sure? That looked like quite a fall...' Kyungsoo's voice appeared behind him.

'Keke. I'm getting a little clumsy... Mianhae hyungs...'

'Okay then. We meet back at the dorm in five minutes. Chen is there taking care of Sehun so be quiet.' Suho, as the responsible leader, said.

Of course Kai had told them that he was okay. He didn't want them to have another problem on their hands; they were under enough stress. But Kai knew that his waist was injured. The acute pain shooting from his waist up to his back told him so. 'Be brave and you'll be fine,' he told himself. With that piece of information, Kai was up and practising again, his movements more shaky and delicate, stopping to grab his waist whenever he did a turn.

 

 

--

 

 

Sehun squirmed uncomfortably in his bed. Only Kai was by his side while Kyungsoo went to make his famous chicken soup. Kai didn't like the way Sehun writhed around in his bed, shifting uncomfortably from side to side. It reminded him of a flower, a beautiful flower swaying side by side in the wind, but then wilting up into a dull, empty demolition of brown.

Aua! My stomach!' Sehun screamed, startling Kai from his thoughts. Sehun's fist was balled up against his lower stomach, his face scrunched up in pain.

'KYUNGSOO-HYUNG, KYUNGSOO-HYUNG! COME QUICKLY!' Kai shouted, his voice wavering.

Baekhyun walked into the bedroom, carrying a large bowl of chicken soup. 'Kyungsoo has gone out,' he said.

'Baekhyun-hyung, what do we do? Sehun's tummy is hurting him. 'And me,' he silently thought to himself

'I... mianhae... I don't know! Feed him the soup, I'll go get Suho.' He smiled apologetically. Then Baekhyun left.

'Aua, Jongin-hyung, help me!' he whispered, in a sad twisted voice that made Kai's heart lie in pieces around his feet. Kai had no idea what to do, but he could see the pain that Sehun was in. 'I don't want to drink soup,' came another whisper. Kai pondered for a while, wrestling with himself, then lay his dark, forever-warm hand on Sehun's stomach and sang to him. By the time Suho walked in with a worried expression, a bottle of something in his hands and Baekhyun trailing apologetically behind him, Sehun was already asleep.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: So... I couldn't help it! I had to put Kai as a sub-main character... And yes, it was absolutely NECESSARY to add some Kaihun/Sekai... hehe