A Dream

A Dяєαм ησт мєαηт ƒσя яєαℓιту

My eyes slowly opened, and my vision began adjusting back to the sight of the dark sky. I felt the cold sand surround my body, and I could feel the coldness everywhere. Everything was cold, the sand, the water, even the sky looked as if it was going to freeze. Even my heart felt cold as I could feel a darkness that swept over this whole place. I see a small house just peeking by the water.

This whole place felt so familiar, and I just can't understand what is happening. I felt a sudden pain go through my arm, I look to see blood. I don't know how I got it, but netherless, I ended up wrapping it the small torn part of my shirt. I got up to explore, trying to grasp what I can, trying to find answers. I walk over to the house, but yet it is gone. Right when I blink, it was gone. What is this? I walk towards the water, and I reach out my hands towards the water, but yet it went right through. I close my eyes, I don't understand what is happening.

I open my eyes again, "I see that you're back." Startled, I quickly rose up, but then I felt that same pain on my arm. I look around to see that I was at the same place, the house and the sand. "Hold on there, you took quite a damage to your arm, so I suggest you don't move." I went back down, frustrated, I put my hands to my face and close my eyes.

"I see that she's still not responding to the correct mindset." I hear a different voice, and I look to see an old man. He grabs my hand, and doesn't let go. "What are you doing?"

"I suggest you not to even to take five seconds to close your eyes, or else your mind will wander off and take you to a place you don't want to go."

"I don't understand what is happening."

"Before I even even begin, where did you get this mark?" I look down to see that blood mark, it was a mark that when from the bottom of my wrist, and wrapped around my arm to my elbow.. "I'm not sure, I was just bleeding and then I was surrounded by sand and als-"

"Sand, let me ask did you also see a small house?" he asked. "Yes sir, wait, what? How did yo-"

"She's the one, her mind is finally giv-." 

"Wait what?" 

I stare at the men confused. I'm the one? The one for what?

"This is all a dream, Haeun, all of it."

"A dream? What the hec-"

"If you think I was lying, how is it that you were able to wake up 2 times, all the same and you have that blood mark which has now turned black. You must start now."

"I don't understand, how do you know I did tha-"

"Just hush will you, I don't have much time either, Haeun, because of you, we are all trapped here. In YOUR dream, and your mind is facing the uncertainty between reality and this dream. Something complicated though is that everyone is back in the real world, but it is all a dream too real. They continue their lives, but you are here, facing the world between reality and a dream." I keep silent as I try to take in everything.

"I'm going to tell you something, that so called "mark" you have on your arm is something that can lead us out of this dream and snap back to reality. You don't have much time, because once your mark disappears, you and so will everyone else will."

"So you are saying, while the whole earth continues on, while I'm here in this dimension thats not a reality nor dream."

"Yes, I know it's all too confusing, but soon you will understand. This world is where all the things mix, it seems real, and some are, but then some aren't. You need to hurry, you have already wasted too much time, and so did I."

"Why you, how did you find me? Are you even real?"

"If you think I am. I'm telling you your mind is being mixed up. Your curse is closing in on you. That mark is a curse, but that same curse can lead us out. I want you to listen to me, you must go. Go find clues, go and save us. You have to figure this out on your own. I'm telling you this before it's too late." I see a dark shadow closing in the room. "What's shou-" 

"We are soon going to disappear, This is what your curse is doing. I am going to dissappear in the real life too. That shadow is consuming everything. Don't let your fears be consume to the curse. NOW CLOSE YOUR EYES BECAUSE THEN YOUR MIND W-" I quickly close my eyes after I hear the thundering roar.

 

I look around to see that I wasn't in the same room. I see I am surrounded by grass, and I could see the dark blue sky hovering over the whole field. I look down to see the mark on my arm. I see that about half an inch was gone from which it started from. This is a curse? Something I still can't understand, but the only thing that I can understand is the fact that everything is disappearing. But I can't understand anything more than that.

I walk around to see nothing but a whole grass field. What am I going to do? What do I have to do? If he says that not all things are real, what is then? 

I suddendly see mist surrounding me as I try to run to the open, The mist was too fast as I try to keep running. There's no way I can make out I think to myself.  I could feel my heart pounding, as if I was going to die."Don't let your fears consume to the curse." I remembered.

"It seems real, and some are,but some arent'." I hear in my head. Is this real? Or is it fake? I stop, standing there, realizing that the mist was gone. 

That was fake. That was part of the dream my mind must be making up. I walked for around 10 minutes to see that a forest had began slowly appearing. Is that forest real? 

I feel my arm in pain as I lift it up to see that a small chunk of it has came back. What is happening? Am I gaining time? 

I hear growling to my left. I see 2 wolves with bloody teeth, staring me down. I see that one of them has a small tag, but I couldn't tell what it said, or had. They kept creeping closer as I slowly stepped back, I can't be scared. I can't be scared. I step back to see them starting to run towards me, I flinched and I fell down. I saw a shadow hover me, as I see the wolves running away, dropping that small tag. I screamed in pain, my arm was in pain. I could feel the mark slowly disappearing another inch or so from where it had stopped. Why is it going away so fast?

"Are you okay?" I look up to see a man, is this real?

---

A/N

Hi! I hoped you enjoyed the first chapter!! I hope it's to your liking, and I know its kind of confusing, but I promise throughout it will all make since!! I know a lot of people do those lovely dovey stories and all, but I wanted to not go that route, bc it's always the same  (Sorry, but it's true!) I wanted to do something a bit more unique and mysterious. Hehe, THANK YOU for reading and please keep on reading if you liked it! Comment if you would like!! Thanks so much ! ^^