chapter one.

Her.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Her.                                                                                              

 

"Masquerade Prom."

She stared at the poster for what seemed like hours, confused and hesitant. This explained all of the prom proposals that happened out of nowhere in the halls, and the overflowing lockers filled with cards that belonged to the most popular seniors of the school. It was her last year of high-school, and throughout the year, she's been contemplating about going to prom. She wasn't surprised that she hasn't been asked to prom either, knowing the fact that she was such a low-key person who stayed underneath the radar throughout the four years of high-school. In addition to that, her friends – which were guys – already had their own dates.

“You going?” She snapped out of her thoughts and glanced to her side to see known other than Jungkook pointing towards the decorative poster.

She shrugged, looking back at the poster, “I have no idea.. I have no one to go with.”

He chuckled, patting her head, “You should come, you really don't need a date.”

“So you're saying I could just be the typical wallflower that I am, at prom?” She questioned him, raising her eyebrow, “No thanks, Jungkook. Thanks for trying though.”

“But Yuri, it'll be fun!” He whined, tugging at her sleeve.

She giggled, shaking her head, “I can't anyway, I've got to take care of Hyo-Rin.”

Hyo-Rin. A seven-year old cancer patient that Yuri took care of during her shift at the hospital. Yuri was just your typical nurse that ran around the hospital balancing pills in her tray. But Hyo-Rin was her top priority. Yuri dedicated her life to that young girl, who always taught her how to be brave and tough like a fighter. With stage 4 of lung cancer, Hyo-Rin seems as if she's still trying to keep herself together; and this is what surprises Yuri. This is what pushes Yuri to wake up early on Saturday morning to take care of Hyo-Rin. This is what pushes Yuri everyday to make Hyo-Rin smile even though she's feeling pain on the inside. But time is running out.

Hyo-Rin has only two months left to live. But Yuri would do anything to keep her alive, because she helps Yuri forget about a specific person who picks on her at school. His name is Taehyung. He loves to bully and pick on her, specifically her choice of clothing and her gifted brain which brings her to the top of every subject. It does hurt Yuri, but at the end of the day, Hyo-Rin is always that friendly reminder that tells her that she's better than what he thinks. Hyo-Rin is almost like that sister Yuri never had, and she's glad that she's met her; she's glad that she's taking care of her. But time is running out.

On the other hand, Hyo-Rin isn't the only person who is that “friendly reminder”. Along with Hyo-Rin, her friends Jungkook, Jimin, Hoseok always know the right treatment to let he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter