Chapter 13: Feeling Stress and Other Emotions

You Left Without Saying Goodbye

 "You're ing kidding me, right?" his eyes burned into me, his words seething with anger. It made me take back a step, scared to get any closer to the angry stranger in front of me.

 

 "Tao, it's the only way Kris will see the doctors he needs to." I looked down, not able to give him eye contact. "I'm not going to be responsible for his death."

 

 "Amber, why are you believing him so easily?" Well, it wasn't Kris who told me directly, rather Luhan did, but I shouldn't tell Tao that part. I have no idea how he would feel about it. Would he believe Luhan and/or possibly hate him too? Also, I could tell Luhan was going on a limb telling me this. Getting Tao entangled into this forever deepening mess and watching another bomb explode after another....I didn't even like to think of that possibility.

 

 "I don't know, but when I spoke with him some things made sense."

 

 "Whatever, go to ing Beijing." His words hit me hard. If my body was standing on pure stamina and mental stability, I would have collapsed onto the floor, fainted, and not being able to breath. I already had a hard time breathing as it was now, so I definitely would be sent to the hospital.

 

 "Tao, this doesn't have anything to do with you. I'll be back in a week." I looked back up and began to walk straight past him and towards my room. Though, I didn't dare give him a second look. I didn't want to freeze in mid-action. I wanted to seem strong, but in reality I was close to tears. I hated seeing Tao mad at me like this. It kills me. Though, as I got to my bedroom doorway, certain words that came out of his mouth made me pause any action.

 

 "I'm coming with you." I turned around slowly, shocked with eyes wide open.

 

 "What?" I asked, stunted. Tao turned around and faced me, seemingly a bit more calm and composed and less likely to rip a phonebook in half like a few moments ago.

 

 "I don't trust him. Not one bit. I will be the one to protect you. Not him. You're doing him a favor, a huge one. He should be grateful."

 

 "Tao, you don't have to come with. I'll be fine, I promise. I know a really good amount of Chinese and am almost fluent. Kris has it all down though."

 

 "Yeah, well I'm fluent too." He took a few footsteps closer to me. I looked down, a light blush beginning to appear on my face.

 

 "You can stay here. This isn't something you have to do." My voice was a mere whisper at this point. Why was I blushing? He is my friend, nothing more. He knows that.

 

 "Like hell it isn't. If he did something to you, and I wasn't there to stop him, I would hate myself. There is no way I'm letting that happen." Before I knew it, his hands were reached out and holding mine. I looked up at him and he smiled lightly, showing me the warm side of him that I've grown attached to. Though, his head slowly began to move closer to mine. My heart began to race. What was he doing? Was he going to kiss me!? I began to panic, closing my eyes in fear.

 

 "Amber!? Are you back!?" I looked towards Luna's shut bedroom door.

 

"Yes! Sorry for not telling you!" I yelled, quickly slipping out of Tao's grip and walking over to my bed, nealing down and taking out my suitcase underneath it. I guess that saved me from whatever was going to happen. "Fine, Tao. You're the one calling SM later, though." I said, not able to give him eye contact again.

 

 "Deal!" I did end up looking up at him, a bit surprised at the cute voice I heard. I just managed to catch a glimpse of him fistbump the air triumphantly before I heard him walk off and flop onto the couch. I couldn't help but giggle at how childish he was acting. My blush was beginning to subside. I must have been insane. Tao wasn't going to kiss me. We are friends and nothings will change that.

 


    

 "Hello?" I asked, laying down on my bed and looking at the ceiling. I think he picked up.

 

 "Who is this, because it better not be who I think it is." Kris knew already. That was fast. I at least figured it would take him a second or a moment of disbelief. Either way, I shrugged.

 

 "Well, good afternoon to you too gege." I chuckled, just sensing his anger levels rising tremendously. It practically gave me a 'high'.

 

 "What the hell do you want, Tao?"

 

 "Amber and I want to tell you we have tickets to the nine in the morning flight trip. You might wanna get those now before they're all sold out, which might be a good thing if you ask me but she - "

 

 " - Amber and you!? What do you mean by you?" Here comes the fun part.

 

 "I'm coming with her of course." I stated casually.

 

 I waited a few seconds and then I heard him practically growl "Like hell you are!!"

 

 "I am Amber's closest friend, I need to protect her. I don't trust her alone with a man who can't make proper commitments and then comes back into people's lives like a hurricane."

 

 "You son of a , if you hurt her - " I interrupted him.

 

 " - Relax!! I'm love with Amber, so I'm not going to do anything to ruin that. You're not going to get in my way as well. You don't deserve her and you know that." I smirked. Hearing him go on a long, angry rant wasn't something I was up to doing. Besides, he better know the new player in this game better if he is going to play. That's right Kris, I love Amber. You're going to have to deal with the fact that she most likely will choose me over you. It wasn't about revenge anymore, I wanted Amber over everything, but damn did it feel good to have all the cards in my hand and watch Kris collapse as a bonus.

 

 "I may not, but I still deserve her a hell lot more than you." Well, at least I now knew he was still up for the game. Now he knows who he is dealing with.

 

 "Maybe so, but I beg to differ at this point. We'll see you at the airport a half an hour prior to flight. I hope you get lost in the airport. Bye!"

 

 "Tao!" I hung up, grinning to myself and probably looking psychotic, but I didn't care. All of my chess pieces were hitting each place perfectly. I was dead set on getting Amber and Kris wouldn't be a threat. I heard a knock at my door and put my phone in my pocket. Before I could even open the door, it opened itself. I looked up from my bed and saw Suho, instantly raising an eyebrow seeing my clothing and other belongs scattered around the floor around a suitcase.

 

 "You're leaving?" Suho asked, shocked and obviously worried. I rolled my eyes, getting up and walking over to him.

 

 "The company already knows. I am just leaving for maybe a week. It won't be long." I patted his shoulder.

 

 "Why are you leaving?"

 

 "Well, let's just say I'm going to win and be done with all of this once and for all."

 


 

 "Hey." I saw Amber walk towards me with a tall, hooded figure by her side. That was definitely Tao who was still wearing all black I see.

 

 "Hey. Amber. Why is he coming with you?" I asked, glaring at Tao. My tone went from pleasant to disgusted. Why did he have to go with her. He is a menace and a poison. Nothing good could come out of him, at least not even more.

 

 He is the shadow of what was my friend.

 

 "Tao wanted to come and get away from some things for a while. This is a good oppurtunity." she smiled lightly. I didn't know what hurt worse; the fact that she was trusting a man who was only wanting pure revenge or that she could never act the same around me anymore. She was still Amber, but much sadder. I bring her pain and it wasn't something I like burdening from my previous actions.

 

 "I also wanted to show Amber some cool things in Beijing." Tao grinned, looking at me with bliss. If he weren't wearing sunglasses and a hoodie, seeing his face perfectly instead, his 'friendly' smile would be discarded once you saw the hateful triumph in his eyes. Bastard. It took all the strength I had to hold myself and not make a scene.

 

 "I could have done that myself." I mumbled, shaking my head. I could already tell this was going to be an interesting trip and I doubt for the better.

 

 "I don't think you could have. Apparently you're not taking care of your own problems at the moment." Tao said back, staring at me with a little anger now. He already began to crack.

 

 "Guys! Stop!" Amber whisper yelled. "Let's just get on the damn plane and get out of here. I rather not be caught by fans and have SM knocking at my doorstep."

 

 "She's right. Let's just go." I said, putting a hand up to my forehead, feeling a headache come on.

 

 "Alright then. To Beijing we go." Tao said in a fake happy voice. Amber laughed to his fake comedy, only making my heart ache worse. She was with a wolf and I was no longer the prince to come in save her. I was the guy that hurt her and caused him to come after her. With this trip, I wasn't planning on winning Amber back in Beijing, as much as I wanted to deep down in me. She was doing this to help me, not implying us to rekindle whatever we might have left. Maybe - just maybe - I might have had another chance to explain myself and somehow maybe get her forgiveness. Hell, that's all I could wish for. Though, with Tao coming along, I fear much worse. I have to somehow take care of myself while constantly watching over Amber 24/7.

 

 It wasn't going to be easy.