chapter 5 : Girls girls girls

SOLO DAY

“Are you for real?” The girl sitting opposite Shinwoo asks, her expression becoming more and more annoyed by the second.

“Well you see there’s a specific way you use this set of teacups. It’s the best set they have in this café.” Shinwoo continues his half hour demonstration. Flustered with his blind date’s sudden outburst, he couldn’t think of anything else to say.

"Why are we talking about teacups?!” the girl exclaims. “I came here thinking I would meet a nice guy. Have a good chat, make a new friend. But all you’re doing is talking about teacups? I swear if you don’t start having a proper conversation with me I’m going to leave.”

“Well just let me…” Shinwoo starts saying as he reaches over to reposition the tea spoon on her saucer. The girl looked at him at disbelief.

“That’s it. I’m done with you.” She stands up, flipping the properly placed tea spoon she walks out of the café.

 

A bit slow to react, Shinwoo just sat staring after her. A sigh escaps his mouth when she disappears from view. Turning back around to the table, the first thing that catches his attention was the tea spoon lying face down in the middle of the table. His hand itching to reach over as he tries to control his OCD urges. After an intense stare off with the inanimate spoon, his hand ultimately wins the mental battle as it reaches over to place the spoon in its rightful position.

 

“I need help…” he mumbles to himself as he face plants the table.

“I could’ve told you that the past seven times you bought a girl here.” A man says as he sits down in the vacated seat.

“Leave me alone Joon.” Shinwoo speaks into the table.

“Hey I tell you every time that you shouldn’t order that. You know how OCD you get with fine porcelain. You never learn.” Joon says with an I-told-you-so tone.

“Shouldn’t you be working?” Shinwoo continues talking to the table.

“I’m the boss. I do what I want.” Joon boasts.

“I’m leaving.” Shinwoo stands up feeling dejected. He slowly makes his way out of the café; head down, shoulders hunched.

“Stop bringing girls here! It never works out!” Joon calls over to his leaving friend.

“Shut up!” Shinwoo shouts back.

 

When Shinwoo gets home that day, he is confronted with a bombardment of questions.

“How was the blind date Shinwoo?” Jinyoung asks as soon as Shinwoo walks through the door.

“Don’t ask.” Shinwoo answers as he walks into the kitchen.

 

Jinyoung and Sandeul, who were playing together on the games console, didn’t even look at the elder. Perfectly predicting the result of Shinwoo’s date, they alternately commentat on what they knew happened.

 

“Did you take her to Les Rose again?”

“Did you order the La Rose Blanche set again?”

“Did you fuss over the teacups again?”

“Did Joon tell you off again?”

“And so another one bites the dust.” Jinyoung comments after hearing no answers from Shinwoo.

 

“Hey at least you got to party with Melissa Ducky. This one can’t even keep one girl interested for more than half an hour.” Jinyoung continues absentmindedly, oblivious to the sore spot he hit with his tactless comment. Sandeul next to him starts to pout upon hearing her name.

 

“Yah I told you not to mention that name yet!” Shinwoo whisper shouts at Jinyoung.

“Come on Ducky, there are better girls out there that deserve your love. You should just get... HEY I’M ON YOUR TEAM!” Jinyoung exclaims.

 

A miffed looking Sandeul had gone commando on Jinyoung; purposely gunning him down in the middle of their game. After a good cry and some alone time yesterday, he seemed to have gone to sleep quite peacefully. When he woke up he was back to his normal self, eating a healthy amount of breakfast to make up for his lack of appetite the previous night. As he had the day off, he decided to join Jinyoung for a gaming day. Jinyoung was more than happy to finally have someone to play his multi-player games with. With perfect coordination and tactics, they had managed to get through quite a lot of the game. But one wrong comment from Jinyoung cost them a whole 5 hours’ worth of gaming.

 

“Why you….” Jinyoung launchs himself onto Sandeul and grabs his throat. “WE ALREADY GOT THROUGH HALF OF THAT GAME YOU DUMB DUCK! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!”

 

Not losing to Jinyoung, Sandeul starts throwing hits at the older.  

 

“YOU INSULTED HER!”

“WHY ARE YOU ALL CAUGHT UP ON HER ANYWAYS!”

“SHE’S SPECIAL TO ME! HOW WOULD YOU UNDERSTAND YOU LONER!”

“THAT’S RIGHT I’M A LONER. AT LEAST I LOOK AFTER MY HEART AND NOT LET IT GET HURT!”

“RIGHTTTTTTTTT CAUSE ALL THE RELATIONSHIPS YOU EVER HAD WERE WITH BIG ED WARRIORS WHO WAIT – AREN’T EVEN REAL!”

“GASP… YOU LEAVE ASUKA ALONE!”

 

“To interfere or not to interfere… that is the question.” Shinwoo ponders by the kitchen counter. Looking at the two squabbling, he decides he doesn’t particularly want any battle scars from such a petty fight. They’ll get over it soon enough.

 

Back on the other side of the counter, Sandeul continues smacking Jinyoung’s arm to loosen his grip around his throat. Once successful he lunges over and grabs onto the older’s throat in an attempt to give him a ‘taste of his own medicine’. Jinyoung struggles under the duck’s weight for a few minutes before he finally overpowers him and flips him over. They continue on a frenzy, trying to overpower each other whenever one gets the upper hand. With the occasional poorly aimed punches and petty insults they finally exhaust themselves; falling flat on their backs in the middle of the living room.

 

“Look Deul, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that after only a day it happened.” Jinyoung apologises first after a large gaping silence.

“It’s ok hyung. Should’ve seen it coming really. I mean look at me… measly pizza boy.” Sandeul replies, still breathing heavily from the excessive exercise session they just had.

“Well you’re the handsomest duck I know.”

“Aww thanks hyung. And you’re not a loner, you have us.”

“Well that’s a given.”

“And sorry about insulting Asuka. She is pretty hot.”

“Yah! Mine. Not yours.”

“Neh arasso.”

 

“So we cool?” Jinyoung asks, holding his hand up for a truce.

“We cool.” Sandeul replies by grabbing onto Jinyoung’s hand.

“Want to give that game another go?” Jinyoung suggests.

“No… no I’m not moving for a while.” Sandeul says as he shuffles his body around and finding it aching all over.

 

“Dinner time!” Shinwoo suddenly calls from the kitchen.

Both boys bolt up immediately and dash over to the dining table. They can argue over girls all they want but food; food will always be their true love. For now the house had finally gotten back to its usual spark of bickering and endless nagging. Little did they know that normality is rarely the way of life.  

 

 

 

A/N

We're almost through with the happenings of the MV!

and onto the rest of the plot =D

Poor Shinwoo and his disaster dates XD ~

Thanks to all my new subscribers!!