chapter 2 : No pancakes for you

SOLO DAY

Early in the morning Shinwoo comes out of his room to see a faint flashing light coming from the living room. As he approaches it, he sees the words “GAME OVER” flashing on the tiny screen with a lump of blue, complete with a blonde blob, crashed out in front of it. Shaking his head, he goes up to the lump and rolls it out into a more comfortable position. Turning the overheating TV and game console off, he heads to the front door to get the milk.

Just as he places his hands on the door to pull it open, it feels much heavier than he remembers it being. Swinging it back, he is confronted with another lump falling through the doorway. This time it’s red and blonde.

After blinking at it for a few seconds, Shinwoo starts nudging its shoulders with his feet.

“Yah… Lee Sandeul … Are you dead or alive..?” he questions.

The boy in red continues to sleep.

“YAH LEE SANDEUL!” Shinwoo shouts. Sandeul suddenly bolts up from the sudden rise in volume.

“I’M AWAKE! I’m not drunk… give me another bottle! I’m… not…” He mumbles before falling unconscious again without even finishing his sentence.

A bit baffled but the least bit surprised Shinwoo decides to get the milk first and deal with their delivery boy later. Making sure to step on him on his way out onto the porch, he receives a low grunt from the boy but was still unable to wake him up. If Jinyoung is a couch potato, then Sandeul is a bed potato. The boy can sleep through the apocalypse if he chose to.  

Shinwoo proceeds into the house without bothering to close the door that the boy was currently blocking. On the way to the kitchen he peaks into Baro’s room to check the boy was ok. Without fail, Baro was nowhere near his mess of a desk by the window. Instead he was neatly tucked in bed on the other, much neater side of his bedroom. He may be a crazy space geek but the one thing Shinwoo was thankful for was that he had a good sleeping habit.

In the kitchen Shinwoo starts calculating breakfast. Baro is due to wake up at 9am which was in about half an hour’s time. Hopefully the smell of cooking will bring the two dead lumps to their senses. The homeless boy was on another one of his “expeditions” and won’t be back for a couple of days yet. He decides to make a batch of pancakes with the last of the flour in the cupboard, making note to go grocery shopping later that day.

 

The dining table is perfectly set for four, with a huge plate of steaming hot pancakes in the middle of the table as the clock strikes nine. Right on cue, Baro’s bedroom door opens and the boy emerges from the depths of his bedrooms walls.   

“Morning Baro.” Shinwoo greets, happy to see the boy well-rested and out of his cave.

“Good morning.” Baro replies, still with a deadpan expression.

“Any results yesterday?” Shinwoo once again attempts to strike conversation.

“A little” Baro says, seemingly on a mission to speak as little as possible.

“Same thing today then?” Shinwoo asks.

The boy nods before helping himself to some fresh pancakes and a glass of milk. Giving up, Shinwoo lets the boy eat in peace.

A ruffle from the living room could be heard as the blue lump rises from his slumber. He starts sniffing blindly as he makes his way towards the kitchen.

“Pancakes!” His eyes lighting up at the glorious treat in front of him. However he pauses for a moment to evaluate his priorities. “Actually toilet first.” He turns on his heels and heads out of the room. At the same time, the sound of the front door closing could be heard in the distance.

 

“Hyunggggggggggggg” Sandeul could be heard from the hallway.

“Sorry duck!” Jinyoung apologises, with a door closing shortly after.

“Urghhhh my headddddddddd.” Sandeul moans as he walks through the living room doorway, hands holding onto his head. With his eyes still half closed he sniffs his way towards the table, surprisingly not hitting anything on the way there.

Shinwoo and Baro turns to look at the boy. Showing no interest, Baro turns back to his breakfast and continues eating. Shinwoo on the other hand couldn’t help doing the mum check as he looks Sandeul up and down.

“What the hell did you do last night?” Shinwoo asks as he noticed the heavy dark circles lining his red shot eyes. “And why do you have pizza?”

The boy opened one eye to give the elder a confused look. Shinwoo points at him and Sandeul follows the line to his company delivery bag. Sure enough there was a box of pizza sticking out of it.

“Oh… JINYOUNG HYUNG!! I HAVE YOUR PIZZA!” He hollers down the hallway.

“WHAT THE HELL LEE SANDEUL THAT’S AT LEAST 14 HOURS LATE!!” Comes Jinyoung’s voice from the echo-y bathroom.

“You’re the one with the headache?” Shinwoo comments as he blocks his ears from the racket. Sandeul takes his bag off and makes himself comfortable as he takes a seat next to Baro, resting his head face down on the table. Baro scrunches up his nose when he does so.

“You smell.” Baro states before picking up his plate of pancakes and glass of milk to take to his room. Not at all impressed with the stink of alcohol wafting from Sandeul. Sandeul looks up to see the boy leaving but shrugs, figuring it’s nothing different. Shinwoo however, thought differently as he reaches across the table and whacks the duck behind the head.

“Hyungggggggg what was that for?!” Sandeul whines, holding his head in an attempt to stop it from spinning.

“That was for chasing Baro away during the only time of the day he comes out and sits with us!” Shinwoo lectures.

“He’s always like that! My head.” Sandeul starts pouting.

Before Shinwoo’s attack has time to settle, another blow is delivered in the exact same spot when Jinyoung approaches the boy.

“Hyunggggggggggg!” Sandeul cries, close to tears.

“And that was for my late pizza.” Jinyoung says with a nod of justice. “Pancakes!” He exclaims again as he rubs his hands together and sits down next to Shinwoo.

“I hate you guys. I work so hard but this is all I get. And I thought you were my friends. My best friends! But no. You will just hit me whenever you like. Taking into no account that I am sick. Your friend is sick! But you just go and hit the place that hurts the most. I don’t know what you guys are anymore! Now I’m just gonna eat my pain away. It’s your fault I’m getting fat!” Sandeul rambles on while his hyungs just ate with no interest in what he was saying.

His hyungs have long learnt to ignore his long winding rants. The boy was capable of endlessly spilling words from his mouth when he is upset or angry. Not that he was much different the rest of time either.

“Yeah yeah eat your pancakes. Then go wash yourself. I know why Baro left now. The smell is just getting stronger!” Shinwoo comments. Sandeul’s pout gets deeper at the constant attacks on him.

Jinyoung on the other hand takes a more direct approach by grabbing a bottle of air freshener that was sitting on the kitchen counter and spraying the boy down from head to toe.

“Better.” Jinyoung nods to himself as he puts the air freshener down and continues eating at the now lemon smelling dining table.

Sandeul chokes for a good minute at the sudden attack and runs around a bit, trying to get away from the chemically fragranced air. Once he settles down he glares at Jinyoung before marching over to the table, grabbing his fork and stabbing it into the whole plate of pancakes in the middle of the table. Before anyone could stop him, he grabs the plate in one hand and the Nutella jar in the other, marching out with everyone’s share of breakfast. The slam of a bedroom door could be heard in the distance.

“Well that was dramatic. But he took my pancakes!” Jinyoung pouts.

“Well who told you to agitate him? Your own fault really.” Shinwoo points out as he reaches for a banana to complete his breakfast. “Eat some fruit instead, it’ll do you good.” Shinwoo says as he gets up and starts clearing the already half empty table.

Jinyoung stares at the fruit basket in the middle of the table for a few seconds and comes to the conclusion that fruit isn’t sufficient breakfast. Suddenly a light bulb goes off in his head and he makes a beeline to the microwave with a box in hand; pizza is always the way forward. Always

“How you stay so skinny on that pizza diet I will never know.” Shinwoo ponders out loud. Jinyoung proudly smirks at the comment.

“It’s all in the super genes Shinwoo-ah. My beautiful parents made me this way.” Jinyoung replies smugly.  

“Whatever. Clean up after yourself when you’re done.” Shinwoo says as he finishes clearing the dining table.

“Yes mom” came the reply and all he could do was shake his head as he heads back to his bedroom.

 

 

 

A/N

Update =D

and for those who has never seen Sanduck rant >>>

I swear it's one of the most entertaining things ever XD 

If you want subs then watch B1A4 Sesame Player ep 8 :)

 

However I am the bearer of bad news today as I will be going on hiatus for about 3 weeks ~ 

Cus I'm going on holiday!! 

I was meant to finish the first 3/4 chapters since those were the ones I have planned out but I've been too busy ~

Mianhaeeeeeee~~~~

I'm bringing my notebook though so I should figure out the long term plot while I'm away :3

O! and thank you for subscribing guys!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter =)