chapter 1 : Shinwoo's hermits

SOLO DAY

GAME OVER

The words flash on the screen again while the man sitting in front of it sighs a breath of defeat. Getting a bit frustrated with the game he can’t seem to crack, he looks up at the clock.

“10 already. Bloody hell Lee Sandeul where’s my pizza?” Jinyoung says to himself.

With his tummy rumbling and a lessened desire to carrying on playing his game, he looks towards his stack of old pizza boxes sitting next to him. Opening the box on the top, which he hopes is the newest box, he finds a single slice still inside. Satisfied with his find, he then sits and ponders whether he’s bothered to go all the way to the microwave or not.

 

It’s cold… I don’t like cold pizza

But it’s just one slice

One slice of cold pizza after a whole day of gaming… don’t do this to yourself Jinyoung

But Sandeul is coming with more pizza ~ can I just stuff this one down as appetiser?

God knows when that duck will come back ~ pizza is supposed to eaten hot

But the microwave is so far away…

You can see it from where you’re sitting…

Turning his head to look at the microwave through the open kitchen he mentally measures the effort it will take to get there.

Nope too far away

Hence concluding it isn’t worth the effort and successfully eats the single slice of pizza in 2 mouthfuls.

Ewww cold pizza

He thinks as he chews on whatever topping had been on the pizza.

After washing it down with the last bit of coke next to the pizza box he turns back to the screen and presses restart. Ain’t no game gonna beat Jung Jinyoung. And so he pushes through to his tenth hour sitting in his dimly lit living room.

 

Shinwoo clocks in at about 10:45 to find his housemate in the exact same position he left him in earlier that day. Taking in the sight, he shakes his head before heading towards his room to change into his sweats as well. Coming out 10 minutes later, Jinyoung is still staring unfazed at the TV screen.

“Please tell me you’ve at least eaten something instead of starve like you did with the last game you bought.” Shinwoo asks.

“Had pizza” Jinyoung replies.

“Again?”

“Might as well make use of our personal delivery boy. Not that he was very useful today. 4 hours still nothing.”

“Then what pizza were you eating?”

“The one I found”

“We finished the pizza from last night”

“Not according to this box we didn’t”

“That pile is at least a week old”

“Tasted fine”

 

Shinwoo just smacks himself in the face at the lack of personal hygiene or just general common sense the boy seems to have.

“What do I do with you Jinyoung? And look at the state of this room. Why does this have to happen every single time you get a new game? Why?!” Shinwoo dramatically questions.

“Sorry mom” Jinyoung replies a bit deadpanned.

 

Unable to come up with a comeback Shinwoo just sighs and lets it go.

“Do you want pasta?” He asks.

“Yes mom”

Heading into the kitchen Shinwoo starts boiling some water and takes out some pasta and two packs of pasta sauce. A simple but infinitely more healthy meal than whatever Jung Jinyoung did earlier. After about 20 minutes piping hot tomato pasta is served. Bringing both bowls back into the living room Shinwoo tries to find a spot to sit, which proves difficult in the dirty room. After spinning around on the spot a couple of times, he finally settles for the arm rest of the sofa.

 

“Here” Shinwoo says as he hands Jinyoung’s bowl over.

“Thank you mom” Jinyoung replies and pauses his game to take his bowl of long awaited food.

“And stop calling me mom”

“Yes mom”

Shinwoo sighs in defeats and just resorts to eating in peaceful silence. When he finishes he gives the room another scan, taking in what mess he’s been left with that night.

“Look at this mess, urgh it’s giving me the shudders. You really need to learn to stay tidy. If you’re not gonna clean at least don’t make a mess for others, namely me, to clean. Honestly this child…” Shinwoo says.

 

Jinyoung had already picked up his gaming control by then and was playing his game again while Shinwoo starts tidying the room. He carries on nagging while putting everything in the correct place, making sure edges meet edges and everything is placed in order. If nagging wasn’t bad enough, he happened to have the worst OCD in the history of OCDness; according to Jinyoung anyways. His housemate proceeds to walk around the room, not forgetting to stand right in front of the TV a couple of times. When Shinwoo walks out of the room Jinyoung throws his hands in the air gesturing a finally! But to his horror Shinwoo walks back in with a hover in hand. Jinyoung groans loudly, which goes unnoticed as Shinwoo carries on nagging. He pushes the plug into a socket and presses the on button only to turn it off almost instantly.

 

“Wait, did Baro come out of his room today?” Shinwoo asks, suddenly remembering the other hermit he left at home that day.

Jinyoung shrugs in return.

“What do you mean *shrug*?” Shinwoo questions, mimicking the gamer.

“Dunno, haven’t heard anything.” Jinyoung replies.

 

“Seriously you’re as bad as each other. If it weren’t for me you would’ve both starved a good 3 years ago. I better bring him some food. And where the hell is Lee Sandeul? It’s midnight already his shift should’ve finished by now. God knows where Gongchan has wandered off to this time, wheeling that cart around like a homeless boy.” Shinwoo puts down the hover and manoeuvres over to the kitchen to prepare some more pasta for Baro.

 

After finishing with the pasta, Shinwoo adds some fruit and a glass of water to the tray before walking over to Baro’s room.

“Baro? Hey buddy how was your day?” Shinwoo asks as he opens the door to Baro’s room, knocking before stepping inside.

“Meh” Said boy grunts slightly.

“Still trying to get the transmitter to work?” Shinwoo continues asking, hoping to get a little more out of the boy. He swears he’s socially inept.

“Yeah” Baro replies.

“I brought you some food” Shinwoo tries again.

“Thanks” Baro continues with his one word answers.

“Well… I’ll leave you to it then.” Giving up Shinwoo picks up the now empty tray he left this morning and replaces it with the new tray of food he just prepared. With a final look at the boy, hair wild and fluffy, working diligently amongst blueprints and machinery, Shinwoo walks out of the room.

 

“Remind me why I live with these people again?” He murmurs before returning to the living room to annoy Jinyoung a bit more.

 

 

 

A/N

Hiiiiiii ~ :)

I can't believe I'm actually writing this... 1st RC is taking forever to write... 2nd I've misplaced UF somewhere... 3rd I actually have another SJ fic I was going to write after RC...

But you have to admit that SOLO DAY mv is a bit too glorious not to do anything about XD shouldn't let a good idea go to waste now should we

And if you didn't know I'm a HUGEEEEEE BANA =D 

SJ and B1A4 are my two favourite groups of all time ~

I don't actually know where I'm going with this fic so we'll see... I have a few chapters lined up but on the long run I haven't the slightest clue what the hell I want from this story ...

On the other hand it's quite refreshing writing a different groupxfic ~

Hope you like where it's going so far =D

Please show your support ~~~~~~